Awoo.

Sonic Generations: PSN/XBL Demo

Marlbenos

It's in demos right??? cause I'm not seeing it. I checked the left boxes... no sonic Gens. Saw sonic 2 tho. And 06. :/

The Jump is kinda wierd,you have little Air-Control,it's a bit stiff,and kinda fixed.I find it worse than the Classics and not even as fluent as Colors Jump. But just in terms of running and gravity it feels spot-on,but not in terms of rolling. And it's so seriously pretty, I mean Jesus. The Amount of Detail is extrodinary.

Edited by ChikaBoing

It's in demos right??? cause I'm not seeing it. I checked the left boxes... no sonic Gens. Saw sonic 2 tho. And 06. :/

It's at the "new Demos" section or something.^^

Well that demo was... short lived. If Classic Sonic doesn't have longer or more acts than this then I'll be sorely disappointed.

The demo was decent at best. It's made me a tad skeptical if anything and it certainly plays like a pre-alpha build. Sonic feels a bit clunky, momentum is fine but some of the general collision physics felt off to me at times.

Also, the rolling is terrible. There's just no justifying it.

There seems to be a lot of fuss...the 360 version is superior to the one on the PS3 just to let you guys know.

Dayyyum. I downloaded the demo in 5min on PSN, over here in the states. Idk, is the Internet slower in the UK??

I quit. Chicago is no man's land apparently. I'll just watch the spoilers for it as I'm not finding it. But hey, in the meantime I'll be staring at my my new ava. :D

There seems to be a lot of fuss...the 360 version is superior to the one on the PS3 just to let you guys know.

I don't get that...isn't the PS3 more powerful than a 360? I have a 360 but I'm just curious... :mellow:

It took me about an hour and a half to download on my PS3 (I hate it's online capabilities- if it's not being ridiculously slow, it's crashing).

Was it worth it?

Well... yes.

It doesn't feel quite like the 'classics' to me, but it controls well. I see what you guys mean about the jump being 'heavy'. A load of times I was thinking "Yeah, no problem" and then the jump didn't quite reach. Hm.

But it feels more new, and that's what I like about it. Not everyone is going to be a fan of the one button spindash, but I love it. Tearing through the level as fast as possible may not really have been the point of the old games, but as I said, this feels newer.

Like Unleashed, at high speed, it becomes a test of memory and reactions. Plenty of alternate routes, and several different ways to reach each of them, even if you fall from one of them.

Now, I did die seemingly randomly when I spindashed shortly before one of those corkscrews- Sonic just went barrelling round the first loop, then flew off the second one. But it seems minor.

Over all, I'm impressed!

I don't get that...isn't the PS3 more powerful than a 360? I have a 360 but I'm just curious... :mellow:

Normally multiplat games are always a bit worse on the PS3 for whatever reason...Bayonetta is a good example. Sonic Unleashed, Sonic 06 are also good examples...

I'm from Europe and it took like 30min. for ps3.

At the 360 like 5min as well.

The PSN over here is very slow. It's actually normal.. all downloads at any day takes often very long.

Most of the time PSN downloads are slower than XBL downloads(which should be the case since PSN is free). But damn, that is just ridiculous, considering that Europe is a huge chunk of the PS3 market. You'd think Sony would put in the extra effort to make PSN over there a bit faster lol.

Usually things 600-800 MB on my PS3 take 5-8mins max. That might due to having a very good connection though.

Anyways, the demo is worth the wait.

Normally multiplat games are always a bit worse on the PS3 for whatever reason...Bayonetta is a good example. Sonic Unleashed, Sonic 06 are also good examples...

Hmm...I thought that the PS3 was the lead platform this time around for Sonic Generations.

Also, why the hell is the demo size 5 times bigger than the Sonic Unleashed demo??? It's only Classic Sonic! If one act is this big then the game will be very, very short...unless they use multiple discs for the 360 version (the PS3 has Blu-Ray so no problem for them.) :mellow:

Edited by KrazyBean14

Recently tough that's no more the case(since about 2009). Sometimes it's better on the PS3.

Lazy devs to be honest, it's not exactly easy to port from the 360 to the PS3 and vice-versa.

And Sonic 06 was worse on PS3, but Unleashed suffered the same problem on both platforms.(long load times, horrible frame rate, and a few bugs and glitches).

It is easy to port from ps3 to 360.

long load times were only in 360 Unleashed.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Lazy devs to be honest, it's not exactly easy to port from the 360 to the PS3 and vice-versa.

And Sonic 06 was worse on PS3, but Unleashed suffered the same problem on both platforms.(long load times, horrible frame rate, and a few bugs and glitches).

Hmm...I thought that the PS3 was the lead platform this time around for Sonic Generations.

Also, why the hell is the demo size 5 time bigger than the Sonic Unleashed demo??? It's only Classic Sonic! If one act is this big then the game will be very, very short...unless they use multiple discs for the 360 version (the PS3 has Blu-Ray so no problem for them.) :mellow:

I think it is, not sure though, but this could very well be an older build. Not to mention somethings can still be tweaked a bit to make it run a little better.

So, about an hour after it's been released on both platforms and there's already console wars? I've just played it on both consoles and there's no difference, apart from a better d-pad on PS3 in my opinion.

So, about an hour after it's been released on both platforms and there's already console wars? I've just played it on both consoles and there's no difference, apart from a better d-pad on PS3 in my opinion.

I play with the analog stick! LOL :P

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it is, not sure though, but this could very well be an older build. Not to mention somethings can still be tweaked a bit to make it run a little better.

The load times at Unleashed(360+install) were not very long. The frame rate at PS3 was horrible indeed, but at te 360 there were (besides Eggmanland) none.

There were just some bugs and glitches if you are looking for them. ;) Didn't notice any when playing normal or speedruning.

The load times at Unleashed(360+install) were not very long. The frame rate at PS3 was horrible indeed, but at te 360 there were (besides Eggmanland) none.

There were just some bugs and glitches if you are looking for them. ;) Didn't notice any when playing normal or speedruning.

Adabat had unspeakable framerate issues!

I experienced long load times, and punishing frame rates on both platforms. Glitches might've been the wrong word, perhaps "hiccups" is better?? I hope SEGA/Sonic Team had enough time to tweak the engine a bit for modern Sonic stages. Unleashed was fun as Day Sonic, but some times the framerate was just unbearable.

The framerate is terrible.

Whhaaaatt!!?? On the demo? or Unleashed(since we're kinda talkin' about it).

The demo ran fine for me for the most part.

Edited by 2Fast2Serious

Adabat had unspeakable framerate issues!

Actually not for me? oO

Maybe I ignore them unconsciously.. I played the PS3 version for a long time before.

The 360 version works at last 2 times better...

Anyways... I don't notice any besides eggmanland.

I quit. Chicago is no man's land apparently. I'll just watch the spoilers for it as I'm not finding it. But hey, in the meantime I'll be staring at my my new ava. :D

Don't worry, it's not showing up for me too. Maybe it's an east coast thing.

No console wars, just a mature discussion, don't make it seem like it is more than it is...

I agree, the Dualshocks D-pad is a lot better.

Whhaaaatt!!?? On the demo? or Unleashed(since we're kinda talkin' about it).

The demo ran fine for me for the most part.

The demo. Bot PS3 and 360. The scrolling is horrible...can't se whats going on when Sonic's running/spinning so fast.

And all the colors blends in with the background.

Terrible. Take a lap.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1