Awoo.

Sonic Adventure makes it to the Smithsonian

eXtaticus

I can't really say I'm disappointed by this or anything. Sure, it's not the best Sonic game or anything like that, but I still find it pretty damn great for him to get a mention in a huge museum like the Smithsonian. Besides, even though games likes Sonic 2 might have been more iconic to what Sonic truly is, I think a larger chunk of people know and played Sonic Adventure, so they put it there to relate with a bigger audience.

I can't really say I'm disappointed by this or anything. Sure, it's not the best Sonic game or anything like that, but I still find it pretty damn great for him to get a mention in a huge museum like the Smithsonian. Besides, even though games likes Sonic 2 might have been more iconic to what Sonic truly is, I think a larger chunk of people know and played Sonic Adventure, so they put it there to relate with a bigger audience.

Well, that can't be right. I think they just chose it because the Dreamcast didn't have such a plethora of icons to choose from (I'm aware it wasn't short per-se, but definitely not as many as on the Mega Drive).

It also appears to be that it was during a section of the Dreamcast itself, according to the video. So, in that case, I can see why it'd make sense to add Sonic Adventure there. Still though, it means they must have had other consoles there too, so they could have used a different Sonic game. Ah well, either way, what you said makes sense. Sonic Adventure is pretty huge when people think of the Dreamcast.

concept_art-4f78be2-intro.jpg

Also, I must say, I really love the way the art on the bottom left looks and it's nice to see that they also added a little bit more than just a screenshot.

I think a larger chunk of people know and played Sonic Adventure, so they put it there to relate with a bigger audience.

No, im certain that a lot more people know of and have played the Mega Driva games than Sonic Adventure.

I'm pretty much eh about the choice of Sonic Adventure for the Smithsonian, I personally would had replaced it with maybe the original Sonic the Hedgehog or Sonic CD instead.