Awoo.

Best voice actor for C. Sonic?

Sami

To all of the people who say "SEGA is appeasing the nostalgia fanboys once again" I need to ask you when last have they done that? Sonic 4 doesn't count because that was a disgrace and you know it. SEGA has never really given Classic fans any love recently, and for the first time, SEGA listens to a harmless demand from Classic fans and you scold them for it? Seriously WTF? With all of the shit SEGA has done in the past, SEGA should be kissing the feet of Classic fans.

Yes it does. Half baked or not. The classicists knew that Sega as they were at that time would screw it up, yet they begged for it anyway. They got exactly what they asked for from whom they asked.

Plus, I think the fact that Sonic has been going solo for EVERY game since secret rings is proof that Sega's listening to the Classic fans complaints. Maybe a little to much.

I meen dood, can a brotha get sum Tails ova here?

Edited by Inferno

And just like Blue Blood, you too, have lost said Game. Like it or not, Sonic 4 WAS part of your service to classic fans. It's because of them that the game is even CALLED Sonic 4. Only thing they did was hold their ground in their decision to use the modern look instead instead of providing a classic skin.

Also, your "pandering to modern fans" is way off. They really haven't been haven't been doing that either. You recall that the last time any of the extra cast was playable in a main title was late 2006. AKA almost five years ago. The other cast has been entirely resigned to spinoff and side games, and even then, all of them really don't get used. Remember the last time Charmy was playable? Pretty sure it hasn't been since Heroes.

You know why it's like that? Because the Classic Fans have been leading the charge in complaining about Sonic's friends because of some odd vision where there are only a handful of characters in the entire series. The odd part is that not only does this list stop at S3&K, but it includes Amy, who was in what...4 games that nobody ever played? (and the call ME sensless) In any case, this has resulted in FOUR YEARS of games where only Sonic is playable. That's right guys. Sonic talks to dead robots because you (Classic fans) effectively killed all of his friends.

If you ask me, the people you speak of have been getting majorly shafted for a long time. However, this is way off topic. Care to start another?

EDIT: BTW, if anyone cares, I don't consider myself as falling into either category. I'm more of a general Sonic fan...if you can have such a think I guess :/

Sonic 4 was shit. End of story. It did not cater to Classic fans, instead it was half-assed. Plus, I don't think it was because of Classic fans Sonic is the only playable character, rather demands from critics. The only 2 games I could think of which were pure Sonic gameplay was Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors. Sonic Unleashed made you play as the Werehog and let's face it, it was a gimmick made to make the game longer along with all of the other bullshit SEGA put in that game so Unleashed won't count as a "Sonic only game". So in the end Classic Sonic fans really got nothing so far except for Sonic 4, and that was shit, I'm sorry. It's OK if you like it, but I along with other people think the game was shit.

The second I see him gesturing in cutscenes in a canon game, you better believe it. You got your voiceless Sonic, now deal with the things it causes.

straightface.png

My IQ dropped just by reading that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the point trying to be made here is that Sega has been for a number of years implementing more and more measures to appease Classic fans. Here's the kicker that's being missed, though-- This is regardless of whether or not you were satisfied in the end. A dog that puts the wrong toy away upon command is nonetheless trying to please its master. The intent cannot be waived off simply because the end result didn't meet your standards. They tried, and they failed, but you cannot bullshit and say they didn't try.

In the meantime, there has been an overwhelming assumption that the modern fans have been waited on hand and foot by the simple assumption that "lulz dey liek 3D," when the reality is I can't remember anyone necessarily asking for any of the games after ShtH. We generally took what came and complained or cheered about it when necessary, but tons of us are still waiting for Adventure style to come back or for sandbox openness or for any of the other tons of ideas we spout out. We're not as heavily united as the hardcore classic fanatics.

But seriously, who asked for Werehogs or swords and Arabian Nights, or princesses and telekineses, or hell, a completely new default style?

*looks around*

... Anyone?

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2

You know what, this next string of quotes shows that we are ultimately all in agreement about the big picture, but are all caught up in the details. Interesting.

I can't speak for CoES, but my reaction was like that to be a parallel to yours. I don't think my point was completely invalid either, but eesh that's not the problem. Mind going a little lighter on the generalising and insults next time? Some people were upset, but nobody else decided to lower the tone and start attacking for no reason.

TBH, I can try (and actually have been), but I can't really guarantee that. It turns out I happen to be a bit of a dick XD

Kiss and make up, Aqua?

rileygay.jpg

J/K =P

Now to make this more on topic and less mini-modding (sorry 'bout that), the main reason I wanted C.Sonic to be mute is because I was worried about what voice they'd give him. Especially since I don't have any memories of him being voiced (never watched the shows or read the comics), it would be awkward and jarring. There was a slim chance they could pull it off, but it still wouldn't have be the C.Sonic I know and love.

I don't think I've ever singled you out personally in my being a hater, but I wanted to say that this is actually a legitimate concern, and I can respect that. There's no telling what direction they'd go with a voice. I'd personally hope for something akin to Jaleel White or Martin Burke, but it could be anything. Oh well, that's what modding is for.

To all of the people who say "SEGA is appeasing the nostalgia fanboys once again" I need to ask you when last have they done that? Sonic 4 doesn't count because that was a disgrace and you know it.

I have a response to this, and it's essentially this:

I think the point trying to be made here is that Sega has been for a number of years implementing more and more measures to appease Classic fans. Here's the kicker that's being missed, though-- This is regardless of whether or not you were satisfied in the end. A dog that puts the wrong toy away upon command is nonetheless trying to please its master. The intent cannot be waived off simply because the end result didn't meet your standards. They tried, and they failed, but you cannot bullshit and say they didn't try.

In the meantime, there has been an overwhelming assumption that the modern fans have been waited on hand and foot by the simple assumption that "lulz dey liek 3D," when the reality is I can't remember anyone necessarily asking for any of the games after ShtH. We generally took what came and complained or cheered about it when necessary, but tons of us are still waiting for Adventure style to come back or for sandbox openness or for any of the other tons of ideas we spout out. We're not as heavily united as the hardcore classic fanatics.

But seriously, who asked for Werehogs or swords and Arabian Nights, or princesses and telekineses, or hell, a completely new default style?

*looks around*

... Anyone?

Seriously, as much as she and I butt heads, she's pretty much spot on with what I've been saying.

Here's a challenge, I want people to tell me why Classic Sonic should, or shouldn't have a voice.

If you want to see an argument for why he should, check my past posts. For an argument of why he shouldn't, Blue Bloods and Mechanos posts are a good place to look.

• Thumbs Up 3

TBH, I can try (and actually have been), but I can't really guarantee that. It turns out I happen to be a bit of a dick XD

Yes, you are. Kidding :P

I don't think I've ever singled you out personally in my being a hater, but I wanted to say that this is actually a legitimate concern, and I can respect that. There's no telling what direction they'd go with a voice. I'd personally hope for something akin to Jaleel White or Martin Burke, but it could be anything. Oh well, that's what modding is for.

So basically we wanted the same thing out of C.Sonic's voice- nostalgia and/or familiarity. For me that's zipped lips, and for you it's ol' Urkel Sonic. Kinda funny that it took some raging before that became obvious.

And haha I win! :P

So basically we wanted the same thing out of C.Sonic's voice- nostalgia and/or familiarity. For me that's zipped lips, and for you it's ol' Urkel Sonic. Kinda funny that it took some raging before that became obvious.

Pretty much. If this had happened before I discovered that homes was mute, and thus activated butthurt hater mode, we'd have probably reached this conclusion sooner.

Also I win a bit by getting the colors writers. Does this mean we're

Horatio-Caine-discovers-a-Traitor.jpg

Bi-winning?

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 1

headdesk.gif

I swear debating on the internet is like pulling teeth...... from a raging panther...... with both arms tied to different windmills.

sigh, oh well, as long as we're one big happy family in the end.

bighappyfamily.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Also I win a bit by getting the colors writers. Does this mean we're

Horatio-Caine-discovers-a-Traitor.jpg

Bi-winning?

Hahaha! Nope. I win too by getting the Colours writers. A win and a tie for me, a lose and a tie for you.

Question to everyone- would I be alone in thinking that if C.Sonic was voiced that a voice somewhere between White and Griffith would be be best?

Upon hearing that C. Sonic was going to be mute, I have to admit, I was pretty dissapointed for the same reason as Aquaslash. I've always known Sonic as a talkative as well and unlike everyone else, I'm not too keen with C. Sonic "miming" everything to the modern characters. I dunno why but just don't like that idea...

Eh, whatever, i doubt It'll kill the game for me, Still looks great IMO.

Hahaha! Nope. I win too by getting the Colours writers. A win and a tie for me, a lose and a tie for you.

You know what man, screw you, stealing my joy like that XD

Question to everyone- would I be alone in thinking that if C.Sonic was voiced that a voice somewhere between White and Griffith would be be best?

That's essentially Ryan Drummond, so no, not really.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what man, screw you, stealing my joy like that XD

happy-face-770659.png

That's essentially Ryan Drummond, so no, not really.

I don't mean Drummond exactly. He'd need to sound younger than that... I dunno. It's all idle thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is probably my bias speaking, but if Classic Sonic had to talk, I'd be all for Ryan Drummond using a younger-sounding voice. We know he's capable of it from some of his demo tapes.

Remember WAY back when we first found out Roger was doing Sonic's voice? There was a little audio clip of his various performances in his career.

Remember WAY back when we first found out Roger was doing Sonic's voice? There was a little audio clip of his various performances in his career.

But he was talking about Ryan Drummond, whose clips can be found on his website

• Thumbs Up 1

Sooo...does this mean Trann0 "wins" now? He did want "Classic Sonic as a mute" after all.

@CSS: That's all good and well, but now the "I told you so's" will never end. :P

yghbjhbvdhbvv db agjvghdsbhjmmmuurrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaabdsaghjbas ghbj acshvbgdsjachbhjdbsajdscjadvshjbehjhmbjghdbsjdcbhjcsnhj mndj hncbsd hjcbmdkhjcvwnjhgfwehskjbnedvsgyukjd

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sooo...does this mean Trann0 "wins" now? He did want "Classic Sonic as a mute" after all.

Dude, we're still getting Modern Sonic, and if they're holding on their claims we're getting the other characters too. Does it really matter?

In the end, everyone get's what they want in just one game. Classic fans get what they want, Modern fans get what they want, Inbetweeners get what they want. If all goes well...wow, imagine that. :lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm pretty pleased that Classic Sonic will be silent honestly. However, I don't want it out of a ridiculous fan OCD. I like the idea that Classic Sonic only speaks through movement and animation. It makes him way more cartoon-like (to me anyways) and downright adorable, X3. If it goes how I imagine, Classic Sonic acting in the same regards as Sonic/Werehog in the Night of the Werehog will be spectacular.

• Thumbs Up 1

C.Sonic will be mute? That's a completely retarded choice. <_< Now, I'll most likely have to suffer through unfunny miming.

Dude, we're still getting Modern Sonic, and if they're holding on their claims we're getting the other characters too. Does it really matter?

In the end, everyone get's what they want in just one game. Classic fans get what they want, Modern fans get what they want, Inbetweeners get what they want. If all goes well...wow, imagine that. :lol:

This is something that has been needed to been said lately. Thank you for restoring my faith in the Sonic fanbase :P

C.Sonic will be mute? That's a completely retarded choice. <_< Now, I'll most likely have to suffer through unfunny miming.

I wanted C.Sonic to talk but I completely understand why they want him to be a mute. The miming can be done well if it's anything like the The Night of The Werehog shorts where Sonic doesn't speak at all and he only uses his body language.