Awoo.

Resident Evil 5

AdventChild

I have no idea what you guys mean by Sheva's AI being good. Its absolutly terrible, you have to lead her the whole way and if you get just a tad too far ahead she gets stuck (and when I say a tad too far I don't mean far at all). Not to mention she keeps running off by herself and getting herself killed. I ca't play single player as she's that bad, only time she's good is when she has a longbow as she has unlimited ammo and therefore can't waste it.

Got the game last thursday, didn't post until now because I was busy playing :3

Up to 5-1, doing the entire thing with a friend that was kind enough to wait for my import to arrive to start, despite having his a week earlier. Personally, my experience with online coop guarantees I won't be touching bot Sheva with a 10 foot pole, it's just not the same if you can't scream in a most girly manner when raping is imminent. Friendly fire off, mind you, although that didn't stop me from shooting a barrel next to him then fleeing in laughter.

We've been alternating weapon suitcases during the adventure, so I ended with a shotgun, rifle and magnum and he carries two different miniguns and a grenade launcher. Eventually we decided to have him use the shotgun so I could stick to ass covering with the sniper rifle. This method works great 'cause the only ammo pool we share is handgun bullets. Also I upgraded the first magnum (that smith & wesson colt) to the max and oh boy, this baby obliterates the major enemies. It seemed to unlock an even better variation so I'm saving up for that now.

Will be willing to play along anyone as soon as I finish the game, which should be around tomorrow. Game's not over yet and I know I want to inmediately restart on veteran for fun times.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I have no idea what you guys mean by Sheva's AI being good. Its absolutly terrible, you have to lead her the whole way and if you get just a tad too far ahead she gets stuck (and when I say a tad too far I don't mean far at all). Not to mention she keeps running off by herself and getting herself killed. I ca't play single player as she's that bad, only time she's good is when she has a longbow as she has unlimited ammo and therefore can't waste it.

Ever tried setting her to Cover? She'll run off and get nobbled if you set her to attack all the time. I'm about halfway through the game and her A.I. was only a problem at the start of the

oil fields

section with the two

Dr. Salvador 2.0

s, and then only because I hadn't set her to attack... and wasn't using the right strategy for bringing them down anyhow.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Friendly reminder that first DLC episode and costume pack 1 go up this Wednesday for 400/$4.99 and 160/$1.99 respectively on your respective system of choice for anyone who still has their original copy of the game.

Edited by Yong

I'm getting it, been watching it for a while. And as said above, the first DLC release comes on February 17th, the Lost in Nightmares DLC pack, coming with 4 new game chapters based on puzzle solving, exploration, fear, and wih some truly unique scenarios (and a complete RE5-style remake of the first games mansion PLUS zombies!).

Also coming soon, Barry and Rebecca will become Mercenaries characters:

HERES BARRY!

I for one vote for the topic title to be changed to HERES BARRY!

For no other title is needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

To give everybody who doesn't have a release schedule or an idea of what comes out when, I'll post a summery:

February 17th:

-360 DLC Lost in Nightmares Pack for 400 Microsoft Points (4 Game Chapters based on puzzles and fear (played as Chris and Jill plus a new Wesker boss battle), Sheva Red Riding Hood Costume and Character, Chris Shirtless Road Warrior Costume and Character)

-360 First Mercenaries Character Pack Released for 120 points, includes Excella Gionne and Josh Stone as playable characters

February 18th:

-PS3 DLC Lost in Nightmares Pack for 400 Microsoft Points (4 Game Chapters based on puzzles and fear (played as Chris and Jill plus a new Wesker boss battle), Sheva Red Riding Hood Costume and Character, Chris Shirtless Road Warrior Costume and Character)

-PS3 First Mercenaries Character Pack Released for 120 points, includes Excella Gionne and Josh Stone as playable characters

March 3rd:

-360 DLC Desperate Escape Pack for 400 Microsoft Points (3 Game Chapters based on intense difficulty and facing new and more enemies than anywhere else (played as Jill and Josh), Sheva Secretary Costume and Character, Chris Leather Mad Max Costume and Character)

-360 Second Mercenaries Character Pack Released for 120 points, includes Barry Burton and Rebecca Chambers as playable characters

March 4th:

-PS3 DLC Desperate Escape Pack for 400 Microsoft Points (3 Game Chapters based on intense difficulty and facing new and more enemies than anywhere else (played as Jill and Josh), Sheva Secretary Costume and Character, Chris Leather Mad Max Costume and Character)

-PS3 Second Mercenaries Character Pack Released for 120 points, includes Barry Burton and Rebecca Chambers as playable characters

March 9th:

-US release of Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, which includes all the DLC stuff above PLUS the earlier released Versus Mode, and for $50

March 12th:

-European release of Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, which includes all the DLC stuff above PLUS the earlier released Versus Mode, and for cheaper too

Edited by Dusk The Hedgehog Keeper

Double post I know but I just have to say this:

LOST IN NIGHTMARES IS FLIPPING AMAZING

Seriously, this is as scary as the old RE's... And it's fun and enthralling... God... Get this... NOW.

Double post I know but I just have to say this:

LOST IN NIGHTMARES IS FLIPPING AMAZING

Seriously, this is as scary as the old RE's... And it's fun and enthralling... God... Get this... NOW.

YOU SIR..... I watched what you recorded, I almost spilled my drink when "he" appeared in the catacombs and put you on instant dying mode. I will definitely get this.

Also, "Lost In Nightmares" has http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk16erY9Doc&feature=related. 

Edited by Jetronic

• 2 weeks later...

Second DLC pack, Desperate Escape is out! Boy the music in it is amazing!

• 5 years later...

Super Ultra Mega Necro Bump!

Gold Edition is on Steam! - http://store.steampowered.com/app/352000/ (under the name "Untold Stories")

I repeat........GOLD EDITION IS ON STEAM! I almost thought this wasn't possibly due to the previous vice president saying that the team left for other...stuff, after they had finished it for the 360/PS3

But it's finally here after so many years.

Lost in Nighmares, Desperate Escape, Mercenaries Reunion, and more!

So glad that this finally came to be.

RE5 itself is also 66% off for the next 35 hours as of this post edit as a promotion for the bundle - http://store.steampowered.com/app/21690/