Awoo.

Sonic Game Gear for Nintendo 3DS

Woun

• 10 months later...

Bump (Because I can't find any other Game Gear Sonic topic) But some new Sonic Game Gear games have been rated for the Nintendo 3DS

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/03/two_more_sonic_game_gear_games_rated

tumblr_llavvrkvLE1qbu7b1o1_500.gif

Sonic Labyrinth on the 3DS .... Really ? Welp at least Sonic Blast is decent but I'm not sure on Labyrinth being re-released again because there is better Sonic GG games.

I expected Sonic Labyrinth to be the LAST Sonic Game Gear title to be re-released.

Aw man. Well, I'm still hoping (have the same hope for Triple Trouble) that somehow these games will be more tolerable being played on an actual portable than blown up huge on a TV screen.

Hoping for 1, 2 and Chaos, though really the Master System versions are far better they may as well be ported instead. Or maybe some kinda 2 in 1 where you can play the version of your choice.

As of now I'm only interested in Sonic Triple Trouble. I will pass on Labyrinth, I never played any game gear games but for some reason Labyrinth reminds me of the nightmare that is Sonic Spinball and I do not want it

Hm, Sonic Labyrinth, huh?

To be honest, I'm actually kinda surprised by this. While I don't mind Labyrinth - in fact, I actually kinda like it - I thought pretty much everybody hated it, even more so than Sonic 2006, even.

*twitch*

I'm all for including the entire handheld Sonic library on current-generation portable devices, but Sonic Labyrinth is the one that you release, like... last. With little to no fanfare.

Oh well. Enjoy dem mazes, 3DS owners.

Tailswut.jpg

Labyrinth? Really?

Blast? And not the 3D kind on the 3DS?

Stop playing with my feelings Sega and give me my Sonic Chaos/Sonic 1 GG.

Edited by Nintendoga

• 5 weeks later...

Sonic Blast on 3DS Virtual Console Next Week

The 3DS Virtual Console is getting its second Sonic game next week. Sega will release Game Gear's G Sonic (Sonic Blast outside of Japan) for the service on the 18th, priced the usual ¥300.

Originally released in 1996, G Sonic was the fifth Sonic game on Game Gear, and the last game released for the system. It brought Sonic rival Knuckles to the portable series for the first time.

Edited by ShaddixLetoCroft

Sonic Blast... Eh, call me when Tails Adventure is announced. I'm not paying for that piece of trash again.

Edited by Komodin

To quote myself from an article I wrote a long while back:

Despite having the option of ending on a high note or attempting to outdo Sonic Triple Trouble, Aspect chose to release the "big blue booger" (theghz.com's words, not mine) that is G Sonic aka Sonic Blast. The less said about Sonic Blast the better. Bearing no resemblance to the Genesis and Saturn's Sonic 3D Blast outside of pre-rendered "3D" sprites, the 8-bit Sonic Blast follows Sonic and Knuckles (in his first playable Game Gear appearance) going after Eggman after Eggman blasts an emerald into five smaller emeralds. It is unknown if these five shards are of the Master Emerald or if they are five pieces of one of the seven Chaos Emeralds. Whatever the answer is, it's stupid. Rather than write any more about Sonic Blast, let's put it where it belongs.

sonicgarbage.jpg

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sonic Blast always looked so utterly bizarre to me. The way it tries to a 3D look on such a low power system just makes it look like it's one of those weird Chinese bootleg games.

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

I guess SEGA wants to release the more crappy Sonic games on the Game Gear out of the way first.

I just don't understand this decision. At all. Of all the Game Gear Sonic games, why go with the one that has the worst reputation? Who the hell is going to buy this?

Sonic Labyrinth is something you release in a compilation, not separately. I appreciate the concept of having the entire Sonic handheld library available for purchase, but I'd rather have something like Sonic's Handheld Collection, y'know? With the GameGear games AND the GameBoy Advance titles.

But like I said earlier, oh well. 3DS owners, enjoy dem mazes.

Sonic Labyrinth is something you release in a compilation, not separately. I appreciate the concept of having the entire Sonic handheld library available for purchase, but I'd rather have something like Sonic's Handheld Collection, y'know? With the GameGear games AND the GameBoy Advance titles.

But like I said earlier, oh well. 3DS owners, enjoy dem mazes.

Nintendo Europe's game page for Sonic Labyrinth:

GBL_3DSVC_SonicLabyrinth.jpg

Dr. Robotnik has tricked Sonic into wearing a pair of magical sneakers that prevent Sonic from running at super-sonic speeds. Sonic knows that the sneakers may keep his feet from moving fast, but luckily they won't slow down his Super Spin Dash! The only thing that can restore Sonic's speed are the Chaos Emeralds hidden in Dr. Robotnik's super labyrinth. Help Sonic find the Chaos Emeralds before time runs out as he spins through four Labyrinth zones, each containing three regular stages and a Boss stage.

• Step into special sneakers to make you run faster. But hurry, the power only lasts a short time

• Use square warp gates to help you find special items

• Grab 100 rings in the bonus stage to win an extra try

00_SonicLab_screenshot_top_9.jpg

SonicLab_screenshot_top_6.jpg

SonicLab_screenshot_top_8.jpg

PS_3DSVC_SonicLabyrinth_rdax_90x81.jpg

• Category: Puzzle, Adventure, Action, Arcade

• Players: 1

• Age rating: 3

• Publisher: SEGA

• Release date: 10/05/2012

• Nintendo eShop: £4.50 / €5.00