Awoo.

The Hamburger Topic

Mick

If you wrap bacon in bacon, do you get deliciousness squared?

Nope. Delicious ad infinitum.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed with the bacon.

They lard birds with bacon for a reason. No, it's not just to conserve the juiciness. It's also to add the timeless porky flavour. Bacon complete burgers just as much as any other relish. And more meat is good good good!

And being the mayo obsessive that I am, I'll always maintain that chicken burgers are only complete with mayo. Battered Chicken burgers especially. I tend to dislike breaded burgers :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Well damn, I haven't eaten dinner yet I'm waiting for my girlfriend. So I'll let my stomach make this post, oh my fuck I am so hungry right now. Jersey is like the land of diner food if you've never been here, and my regular order is the deluxe cheeseburger, it's just your basic meat with cheese, sliced onions and tomato with a side of fries. Not bad. Go deeper into the menu and you'll find my all time favorite, the Portobello Swiss burger which is exactly what it sounds like, plus some kind of gravy. Get mine with onion rings. Hell yes there is nothing better. I tried this pesto and feta burger once, but it was far too messy and not up to the standard. The Portobello Swiss reigns supreme. I want one now from the Tick Tock Diner on Route 3. Besides this obviously superior burger I enjoy Wendy's and White Castle as fast food alternatives. There's a 24-hour White Castle in Newark that I like to go by with my friends at godless hours of the morning for jalapeno burgers and fish sandwiches. And I know it shouldn't count, but the fish sandwich is actually my favorite item on the White Castle menu. It's crispy and flaky to perfection with their tartar sauce. When I make my own burgers I get the ground beef from the supermarket and toss mashed garlic, cracked pepper, adobo, maybe cumin, and sizzle that baby in a frying pan. My sauce of choice is I guess what's called Russian dressing, mayo, ketchup, and lemon juice, with a bit of spice in there for me. And even though I didn't write it, I've also been known to get down with bacon though it's not on my favorite burger, and only when I'm out. Oh god am I hungry. Where is this girrrrrl~

And there's this place in my town that makes these great burgers that I go to a lot. I'm not very detail oriented right now I guess.

2mr8v2o.png

I swear this shit never ceases to be worth the effort.

Didn't have any bacon today or homemade buns but still, this is all still great.

I like McDonalds quarter pounder with cheese,Wendy's junior bacon cheeseburger and so forth. But I remember a few years back when my sister, Dad and I went to visit our cousin, we stopped by Hardee's to get a thickburger before we left for the trip and man I barely....BARELY ate the whole thing. Also when family and friends stop on by the house for a cookout, of course where going to break it down with some hamburgers,fries and stuff. As a matter of fact will be having a gathering later this month. :)

How did I miss this topic before? :lol:

I used to always get a double cheeseburger from McDonalds, with only the cheese and ketchup. Then I got my part-time job there, and couldn't be bothered to wait to have one specially made up for me every time I went on my break, so I just started taking them as-is and removing the pickle. Eventually, I just took to eating them with the pickle as well.

The mayonnaise Chicken Legends are lovely, doubly so with bacon. Recently I've taken to the McD's quarter pounders, too.

• 2 weeks later...

baconDblCheese.gifFor trashy takeaway stuff I do adore a Bacon Double Cheese Burder (xl) from Burger King. No Sauces or other shit, just cheese and bacon, simplez.

When Ive been in London I have occassionally been to http://www.hacheburgers.com and its always amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

And then there are the burgers from Red Robin.

Especially their Whiskey River burgers.

ohgodsohungry

• 6 months later...

One of my friends had a double angus burger from McDonald's. Two patties and cheese. Wow! I could never eat that. I'm afraid I would have a heart attack or something after eating that.

• 8 months later...

Any hamburger that has bacon is alright in my book......I feel like a pig though cause I usually three or four though and have to punish myself in the gym

• 1 month later...

Just tried this new heavenly beast from Burger King.

beef_rodeo.png

BEST sandwich I've ever tried. Absolutely delicious. Shame it's a limited time offer sad.png Hope the range sells well enough for them to keep it around.

Here's the full selection:

BK_UK_Rodeo2012.png

http://www.burgerking.co.uk/bbq-rodeo

Oh my god, that looks so fucking unhealthy, I must try it.

Anyways, Hamburgers? Hmm, I'm actually not joking when I say this, but I hear Hooters has really good burgers, and I've wanted to try one. Anyone ever had one?

Man this is making me hungry!laugh.png I always used to take hamburgers at mcdonalds when I was younger but now I usually take the McChicken Sandwich, I love it....man it's so good! smile.png I've gone off the hamburgers at MCD though.

I also like having my hamburger plain with ketchup but I don't mind if lettuce is added but I pretty much like having it simple really!biggrin.png Homemade burgers are also good and more healthier too.

Bacon burgers are a bit too salty for my liking.....*ducks under cover*

Edited by Red Wisp

Stop it Shadtzer, you're making me want to get that, and I already bought an Angus yesterday from McDonalds.

Ya know, as much as I love Fast Food, I try not to make a habit out of eating it I'd rather not grow up with heart disease.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think I've ever tried a hamburger, but they sound pretty nice. Any way, I personally like a McDonald's cheeseburger, with nothing else in it, and no seasoning. When I was a kid I used to eat 2 a go, god I wish I could get away with that now o.o

• 8 months later...

I used to eat them very often when I was younger, but now I eat them seldomly, and it usually happens on weekends during the summer when my family travels out somewhere.

If I'm at a restaurant which allows me to customize the contents of my burger then I choose relish, mayonase, and pickles. Otherwise, I order whatever beef burger is on the menu.

Why have I skipped over this topic for so long? I do love me a good burger.

For the most part I'm a fan of McDonald's and Burger King, but I've also tried grilling my own burgers (usually BallPark frozen burgers) at home, and they are pretty good too.

About two days ago I tried BK's Carolina BBQ burger. I thought it was pretty good.

Woo~

How did I miss this thread? Burgers are like...my favorite kind of food. Anyway, I'm not really a fan of fast food burgers, I don't like how flat they come out, I like my burgers big, hard to get into your mouth.

I had one not too long ago, it was superb. A big slab of beef topped with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, onion rings and BBQ sauce, it was like heaven, everything just worked.

...and now my mouth is watering.

Tried the Australian BBQ Supreme at McDonalds earlier. It was heavenly. Had it without mayo, since I don't like it, but it was still delicious.

mcdonalds-The-Australian-BBQ-Supreme.png

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/product_nutrition.beef.531.The-Australian-BBQ-Supreme.html

Huh? That's what they consider Australian over there? Why is it square? The ingredients are kind of spot on though, at least the bacon factor. Sort of. If it's really meant to be australian it should have egg on it at least, if not beetroot for massive, overly aussie cliche ockerness.

----------

I fucking love burgers. I'm also blessed, as my suburb appears to be in the middle of some kind of burger based food-war. As far as the eye can see I'm surrounded by pop up burger bars, and at any given day there's a truck parked near my house ready to serve some relatively home made tasting, fucking awesome burgers. My two favorites are  Beatbox Kitchen  followed at a fair distance by Mr Burger . Melbourne is also home to the relatively great Huxtaburger, even if they sold out a little opening another on in the CBD, and for some reason it doesn't taste as good as it used to?? I could just be down on Huxtaburger because the fries are a bit shit.

But hell, I'm not sure when melbourne grew it's obsession with fancy burgers, but fuck if it isn't the greatest thing to ever happen to me. Beatbox Kitchen has to be tasted to be understood. That burger is so fucking good I can't even describe it. If I could eat one food for the rest of my life it'd be Beatbox's Raph Burger.

vyCZG8Y.jpg

Seriously look at that shit. AAAAA FUCK I'm hungry. 

-------------

Also this is the motherfucking truth.

Fast food burgers are nice and all but not exactly my favorite. I will attest though that at my Vegas road trip when I was in America, I ate a bunch of burgers at all sorts of joints, the stuff they make in the restaurants and some truck stops are way better than what you'd come to expect from places like Burger King, then again theirs are usually always homemade style and not fast food. Not to mention these places actually make their bacon properly. Best bought burger I had was somewhere at a county in Missouri. I'll probably never be able to have one again but goddamn was it fulfilling.

I did a similar trip a couple years ago and totally agree truckstop burgers/random restaurant burgers are fucking awesome in the US. Best burger I ever had over there was some half pounder I ate at a diner half way up a fucking mountain somewhere. Goddamn it was good.

I was also kind of amazed at how many places serve good burgers over there. It's changed in Australia now that the burger has become inexplicably trendy but it was surprising to me how many places had their own burger as a specialty item rather than a half assed after thought. It was cool! You guys in the US have got it fucking good and you don't even know!

Also In-And-Out burger was so good. So very good. If you live on the west coast I'm jealous. I wish I could taste In-And-Out again to compare it to Beatbox so I can see whether or not it's worth going back to the US.