Awoo.

Mass Effect 3

Patticus

The Dark Energy ending might have been useful to the plot, but it still has the bullshit stain of all our actions being inconsequential to the resolution. That is all I wanted.

The Dark Energy ending might have been useful to the plot, but it still has the bullshit stain of all our actions being inconsequential to the resolution. That is all I wanted.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

It should go without saying that if an ending can cause this much of a strife among thousands of gamers at minimum, then there is an obvious problem that should be fixed. They seem intent of defending this when they know that gamers would prefer something different, which present an even bigger problem.

Man I don't even care anymore.

BioWare fucked up the ending and now they're writing themselves further into a corner. I can't take them or this particular trilogy seriously anymore. As far as botched up story-driven epics go, this one dropped the ball like it didn't even want anything to do with that ball. The game is now filing for divorce with the ball and the ball is going through psychological therapy.

This game is one big joke and I just want it to die already.

So, all of you seem to want to kill the ending with fire from what I've heard, now tell me, is it worth playing despite the bad ending? And should I play 1 and 2 first or jump straight to 3?

If you can handle the series' awkward prioritization of continuously shifting focus towards action rather than RPG then you'll find a game that adds very, very little to a predecessor that was already a solid and well-founded game, and simplifies a deal of elements to go along with it. Odds are if you're playing Mass Effect at this point, it's for the universe first and game play very close second.

Unfortunately any bliss you get during playing will still sour up your final impression the very last minute. Kind of like watching a damn, damn good play on theater, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Uf9rsBbhc*

*spoiler you are the guy and abe lincoln is the god child.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's another two videos from MrBtongue. They're long but great watches, and go into a lot more detail of the ending's problems.

[media=]

Edited by Neon

Even though I like this series a lot, is it wrong for me to even care any more? huh.png

Edited by BW199148

Free Mass Effect 3 Rebellion DLC release date announced:

http://blog.bioware....rebellion-pack/

Rebellion-Pack-Wallpaper-Goddess.jpg

Firstly, there are two new maps. Firebase Jade overlooks a jungle reservoir surrounded by huge waterfalls, while Firebase Goddess is a circular stage set in the middle a Thessian metropolis.

The DLC also adds a number of new playable characters. Here's the full list:

• Vorcha Soldier
  • Vorcha Sentinel
  • Male Quarian Engineer
  • Male Quarian Infiltrator
  • Ex-Cerberus Vanguard
  • Ex-Cerberus Adept

Finally, there are a few new weapons to get to grips with too: the Cerberus Harrier Assault Rifle, Reegar Carbine Shotgun and Krysae Sniper Rifle.

Of all the species, I never expected to play as the Vorcha.

The Ex-Cerberus soldier was also unexpected, but it seems a little pointless to make them Ex-Cerberus when they're basically human. But all the more of a way to get the message across that not everyone in Cerberus supports what their group was doing, I guess.

Of all the species, I never expected to play as the Vorcha.

The Ex-Cerberus soldier was also unexpected, but it seems a little pointless to make them Ex-Cerberus when they're basically human. But all the more of a way to get the message across that not everyone in Cerberus supports what their group was doing, I guess.

I would love to play as an elcor or a hanar.

You know it in your heart that it would be awesome.

I would love to play as an elcor or a hanar.

You know it in your heart that it would be awesome.

Damn right it would. According to the codex Elcor fight with cannons mounted on their backs, making them living tanks. Literally.

• 4 weeks later...

http://masseffect.bi...t/extended_cut/

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut will be released on June 26th. With almost 2 gigabytes worth of new content, it will hopefully contain epilogues in which the entire galaxy is not FUBAR. Which is currently not the case.

EDIT: Extended cut podcast:

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy

If Bioware doesn't let me argue against the god-child's viewpoint and solutions, then no matter what they do, the ending will still be complete horseshit.

• Thumbs Up 6

If Bioware doesn't let me argue against the god-child's viewpoint and solutions, then no matter what they do, the ending will still be complete horseshit.

Is there any point in "arguing" with him when he admited during the conversation that his plan no longer works, in other words that he was wrong? Regardless of the god child's reasoning, the entire point was at the end of the day he was wrong and Shepard's here to set things right.

Is there any point in "arguing" with him when he admited during the conversation that his plan no longer works, in other words that he was wrong? Regardless of the god child's reasoning, the entire point was at the end of the day he was wrong and Shepard's here to set things right.

He admitted that his solution was wrong. His view of the problem, on the other hand, does not change - he believes that organics and synthetics cannot co-exist, despite the fact that both ME2 and ME3 this is proven completely false.

And as for the solutions he does present to the player, none of them are ideal, and in all cases, especially for a Paragon Shepard, they are hypocritical. There is no point where the player can ask for or suggest another solution that is more ideal to what their believe in. Like, say, simply somehow send a command to the Reapers to self-destruct or something.

There are no dialogue options in that sequence, and absolutely no opportunities to argue against anything the Catalyst says, or present alternative solutions.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

He admitted that his solution was wrong. His view of the problem, on the other hand, does not change - he believes that organics and synthetics cannot co-exist, despite the fact that both ME2 and ME3 this is proven completely false.

And as for the solutions he does present to the player, none of them are ideal, and in all cases, especially for a Paragon Shepard, they are hypocritical. There is no point where the player can ask for or suggest another solution that is more ideal to what their believe in. Like, say, simply somehow send a command to the Reapers to self-destruct or something.

There are no dialogue options in that sequence, and absolutely no opportunities to argue against anything the Catalyst says, or present alternative solutions.

Not even Shepard could say that peace between the Geth and Quarians could last forever. And even then, that's only one possibile outcome of that scenario. Other players could have made the choice to not have the two make peace, thus validiating the Catalyst's viewpoint. And it seems clear, given the choices it gave Shepard, that the Catalyst no longer had any means of influencing the Reapers itself. It created them, but that doesn't mean it can neccessarily control them anymore. If the Catalyst could whip out any other possible solutions out of its ass it would have I believe.

As long as the whole Starchild scene stays as it is, the ending will still most likely be complete horseshit. Adding clarity and closure wont fix the blatant plotholes, the bizarre space magic, the nonsensical deus ex machina, the fact that every option directly goes against Shepard's character, and the complete loss of any narrative coherence.

It was a crap ending that forced the player to watch as their story was taken hostage of, tied down, and then forcefully lobotomized, and extending this bullshit with added cutscenes certainly won't fix it.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 5

Not even Shepard could say that peace between the Geth and Quarians could last forever. And even then, that's only one possibile outcome of that scenario. Other players could have made the choice to not have the two make peace, thus validiating the Catalyst's viewpoint. And it seems clear, given the choices it gave Shepard, that the Catalyst no longer had any means of influencing the Reapers itself. It created them, but that doesn't mean it can neccessarily control them anymore. If the Catalyst could whip out any other possible solutions out of its ass it would have I believe.

Bullshit. It's logic was circular and therefore demonstrably false the moment the Quarians and the Geth were able to co-exist. Yes, we don't know if they could have been able to keep the peace, but the mere fact that at one point, organics and synthetics did co-exist shows that they are able to and the Catalyst was wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bullshit. It's logic was circular and therefore demonstrably false the moment the Quarians and the Geth were able to co-exist. Yes, we don't know if they could have been able to keep the peace, but the mere fact that at one point, organics and synthetics did co-exist shows that they are able to and the Catalyst was wrong.

A "one-second" instance of peace doesn't defalsify the theory that "synthetics will EVENTUALLY turn on and destroy organics." Which is why I specifically made the point that we can't predict how long the peace will last. And again, like I said, it's possible that Shepards that didn't make that choice would not have that evidence to go back on during the discussion. Regardless I go back to what I said earlier in that it's pointless to argue the reasoning with the god child when he admits that he was wrong regardless.

A "one-second" instance of peace doesn't defalsify the theory that "synthetics will EVENTUALLY turn on and destroy organics." Which is why I specifically made the point that we can't predict how long the peace will last. And again, like I said, it's possible that Shepards that didn't make that choice would not have that evidence to go back on during the discussion. Regardless I go back to what I said earlier in that it's pointless to argue the reasoning with the god child when he admits that he was wrong regardless.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/12695580/1

Chris Priestly toys with the English language to the extent that thirteen pages later people are still trying to figure out what the hell he just said. Bottom line: The minimum requirement for getting the best (HAH!) ending in single player has been lowered so multiplayer is no longer mandatory to get enough effective military strength.

Maybe. Like I said, that's professional PR level of vagueness, so who the hell can tell for sure.

GameFront's Ross Lincon actually provides a sane article on the Extended Edition Interview - we're probably gonna get the same shit, folks.

Casey Hudson and Mac Walters clearly have no idea what they're doing and have no actual idea about why the fans despise the endings in the first place. If this is the same shit all over again except 'polished', expect yet another Internet Backdraft, which will inevitably leave Bioware wondering why the fans still aren't happy, and the 'gaming media' will continue to insult the fanbase like they have already.

• Thumbs Up 6

They might as well not even bother. I would rather have D:LC where I am just fighting the war than this bullshit. In my mind, the reaper war never ends and Black Power Shepard just continues to kick ass and fuck Liara on the way. That's all folks.

• Thumbs Up 3