Awoo.

Wii or DS for Sonic Colors?

Vulpine

In Rush Adventure's defense, they did some nice stuff with the 3D boss battles. Branched out way more than Rush did.

But yeah the caves on Planet Wisp look awful. Most bizarre is they used said location as a screenshot on the back of the box. Bizarre.

Remember how fancy Secret Base Zone looked in Advance? Alive with animation, and they even made a whole background AND cool spotlight effect JUST for the first 20 seconds of gameplay. That was neat.

Uhh no, like I said if you read my post carefully and read the quote above it mentioning Sonic 4, I was saying how I find the music in Sonic 4 so much catchier, I never mentioned anything about liking any version of the Sonic Colours soundtrack...

No, but you have said TWICE now that you dislike the Wii music, but say nothing about the DS music.

It's pretty much implied very, very strongly. I wasn't responding to your guys argument at all, I was talking about how (like I was before) the music is the same, how can you go on about ONE version and not the other.

Although what. The only good catchy song in Sonic 4 is Mad Gear 1 and 3. The rest kinda suck.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

No, but you have said TWICE now that you dislike the Wii music, but say nothing about the DS music.

It's pretty much implied very, very strongly. I wasn't responding to your guys argument at all, I was talking about how (like I was before) the music is the same, how can you go on about ONE version and not the other.

Although what. The only good catchy song in Sonic 4 is Mad Gear 1 and 3. The rest kinda suck.

Well ok I'll say it now then- the music in the DS version of Sonic Colours is shit as well xP Well, in my opinion. I just don't turn the volume up anymores, which suits me ^^

I personally loved all music in Sonic 4, best soundtrack in a game since probably Sonic Adventure, at least it actually sounded Sonicky for once! I'm personally against all this new shit SEGA come out with for 'music' nowadays, even if I'm alone in thinking it : )

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Wii version.

I was sick of all the "monster of the week" games sonic has been doing since adventure. the wii version was a nice change of pace. the DS has had enough "eggman vs super/sonic" final battles it can keep the "monster of the week" storys.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Wii version.

I was sick of all the "monster of the week" games sonic has been doing since adventure. the wii version was a nice change of pace. the DS has had enough "eggman vs super/sonic" final battles it can keep the "monster of the week" storys.

Speaking of "the monster of the week," Am I the only one who laughed at the mere sight of the Wisp Mother when someone uploaded here on this site? :lol:

Speaking of "the monster of the week," Am I the only one who laughed at the mere sight of the Wisp Mother when someone uploaded here on this site? :lol:

That Mother Wisp seems like they added her as the final boss at the very last minute just so there could be a Super Sonic battle.

That Mother Wisp seems like they added her as the final boss at the very last minute just so there could be a Super Sonic battle.

What makes you think that?

She just showed up out of nowhere until the final battle. The characters haven't mentioned anything about her in the story from what I can remembered.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

She was indeed mentioned

look at next tag if you want continued spoilers

If you take down mission 6-3, the Shadow/Omega mission, than the 4 of them will infiltrate one of Eggman's labs and recover some data about one of his failed experiments. Dubbed project "Mother" Eggman reiterates that the beastie is incredibly powerful but then goes rouge on him and rampages out of his possession (or something along those lines).

The 4 of them think little of it at the time of course.

Well, I've never even beaten that mission or any of the side stuff yet.

:P I'd thought they would have mentioned her in the main story that's why I was confused when she turned out to be the final boss.

Edited by sonfan1984

Well, I've never even beaten that mission or any of the side stuff yet.

:P I'd thought they would have mentioned her in the main story that's why I was confused when she turned out to be the final boss.

I recomend that you get on them (at least the easier ones). The missions give you little pieces of extra info, such as why specific characters are where. S ranking the missions unlocks short conversations with each character that are fun if your interested in Character interaction.

BIG OL' SPOILER POST.

She just showed up out of nowhere until the final battle. The characters haven't mentioned anything about her in the story from what I can remembered.

Edited by HunterTSF

Especially considering that she had such a little impact on the story as a whole and was an optional final boss that wasn't at all pivotal in obtaining the normal ending. Bah. HATERS GONNA HATE.

It was "optional" in the same way Perfect Chaos was optional in Sonic Adventure. A final boss is a final boss is a final boss. And it sucked. Terrible, terrible battle.

The DS version of this game is just a great example of how old habits die hard. Sonic Team just can't shake their addiction for tons of side characters and Super Sonic final battles, can't they? At least they vented their frustrations in the DS game and not the proper version.

It was "optional" in the same way Perfect Chaos was optional in Sonic Adventure. A final boss is a final boss is a final boss. And it sucked. Terrible, terrible battle.

The DS version of this game is just a great example of how old habits die hard. Sonic Team just can't shake their addiction for tons of side characters and Super Sonic final battles, can't they? At least they vented their frustrations in the DS game and not the proper version.

You mean Dimps

If it weren't for the Happy Tree Friend writers, the Wii version would have possibly had Super Sonic boss fight too.

If it weren't for the Happy Tree Friend writers, the Wii version would have possibly had Super Sonic boss fight too.

Annoyingly, the Wii version did still have the "Oh no Sonic almost dies!" ending. It's got nothing on the MOTW trend of course, but it was totally unnecessary and jarring.

Annoyingly, the Wii version did still have the "Oh no Sonic almost dies!" ending. It's got nothing on the MOTW trend of course, but it was totally unnecessary and jarring.

I thought it was fine. It was nice to see all the rescued Wisps bring their rescuer back to Earth right to Tails.

I thought it was fine. It was nice to see all the rescued Wisps bring their rescuer back to Earth right to Tails.

I thought it was a blatant ripp-off of Mario galaxy.

If anything it was most annoying because Unleashed before it had the exact same ending.

If anything it was most annoying because Unleashed before it had the exact same ending.

Which was fine by me too... :unsure:

Wow I'm so weird :blink:

I don't own a Wii or DS. But I may get a DS before a Wii. So I'll be getting the DS version then a Wii version when I buy a Wii. I was wondering which one was better myself. I'm guessing Wii of course. But Sonic Rush was really fun on the DS. So I should enjoy Sonic Colors the same way on the DS. :)

I don't think the writers can make that kind of decision...

• Thumbs Up 1

Which was fine by me too... :unsure:

Wow I'm so weird :blink:

lol, you aren't weird at all for liking the ending.

The Unleashed ending was fine, personally. It fit more with the somewhat more serious undertones in that game. It's just that Colours had no such seriousness until that point and we'd seen the same not long before.

I too noticed the similarity with Unleashed's ending. However, I think it was done intentionally, so I don't mind it. I actually quite like it.

Also, I still haven't got the DS version, but I've heard enough about it to not want it, so I shall preemptively state that I prefer the Wii version. Though I do admit I had fun with the demo of the DS version.

Edit: My 100th post us talking about Sonic games. I'm a true Sonic fan! *Shot*

Edited by Shade Vortex