Awoo.

Sonic and the Black Knight Soundtrack

eXtaticus

He doesn't like the OST that i love. I don't like his review, because it is just wrong and incorrect. For example what reason to judge it so low is "Senoue’s scrap-metal"?( I for one LOVE Jun Senoue's work, but i have already said that above.) And after things like that you are bitching about what i said. What a joke!

You don't mind his opinion about the game's OST which he thinks is wrong.. But you are against my opinion about his review which i think is full of fail. I think those were pretty poor reasons to judge the OST so low and that's also my opinion. What's wrong with that?

One unmentioned, yet rather prominent reason for Tales of Knighthood's laughably low score is actually tied to Molten Mine; despite being what is easily the best track on the entire album and a great remix in its own right, it's actually somewhat inferior to the original - in my eyes, if you make a remix of an already excellent masterwork, you have to ensure that the re-creation is better than the original for it to have a purpose. As it stands, it's by no means disappointing in itself, but really doesn't offer anything essentially brilliant to enhance the Black Dawn iteration of the tune.

A real shame, that...

Oh well; just like the rest of the soundtrack, I suppose!

Edited by eXtaticus

Alright, because I don't want this to become a second "who hates Kingdom Hearts" topic, I'm going to ask people to please keep discussion strictly on the soundtrack and civil responses to the review. And I know I participated in speaking against ArtFenix as well, so this applies to myself too.

Hm.. I suppose i did sound a bit rough.. Sorry about that. Thanks for clearing that up. Well then..I could say that the review is okay, but i wholeheartedly disagree with it. Sounds better?))

I'll be the first to admit that even though I highly enjoyed the S&TBK OST, it wasn't one of the absolute best. It had quite a few highlight tracks (Fight The Knight ~Strings~, The Blacksmith, the Excalibur Sonic themes and all the menu themes to name a few), but there really weren't any tracks that were as memorable as say music from SA1/2, Heroes. But it does get some points for all the throwback tracks based on some of the more memorable tracks of Sonic's past.

I'd say it's a solid soundtrack, but by no means a phenomenal one. The vocal CD on the other hand, is easily one of my all-time favorites.

Edited by Snatcher2047