Awoo.

Sonic 4 iPhone Trailer

Detective Shadzter

That's a nice trailer; I thought it was funny when Sonic came and pushed the iPhone. I find this trailer much better than the ones we got before. We have a better look at the gameplay, none of the pointless parts with a black background, and proper music too. I had forgotten how great Mad Gear's music was.

I know, I'm still irritated that the iPod/ iPhone version is coming first, to be honest. It's such an un-epic way to kick-start the launch. Wish the HD version was first.

Impatience is forcing me to get it. :<

I've been having a think about it and I think the reason the iPhone version is releasing first is because a lot of owners will have a console too, so releasing this version first will encourage impatient folks to buy that version while they wait for the console version. If the console versions were released first, console owners would probably not even give the iPhone version any consideration. Makes good marketing sense. I know the different digital store update dates factor into it too, but I think the reason I've stated was probably why, too.

I'd prefer to play portable first, since the console version would definitely blow it out of the water graphically and control-wise. I'd rather build up the Sonic 4 experience than start from the best version and work my way down. Consider the iPhone version to be training for the PS360 leaderboards ;)

I've been having a think about it and I think the reason the iPhone version is releasing first is because a lot of owners will have a console too, so releasing this version first will encourage impatient folks to buy that version while they wait for the console version. If the console versions were released first, console owners would probably not even give the iPhone version any consideration. Makes good marketing sense. I know the different digital store update dates factor into it too, but I think the reason I've stated was probably why, too.

If they really wanted to go all-out in terms of marketing rip-offs, they'd release the HD version last. :lol: Then impatient people would get all three versions. As it stands, the Wii version will probably go untouched by anyone with a PS3 or 360, now (whereas even I have to admit I'd have got the Wii version and the 360 version if the Wii version came out first)

You're right in a way, though- who's going to bother with an iPhone version if they can get a HD version, other than fans for the sake of portability?

Well, after DLing and playing Sonic 1&2 on my iPod Touch, I can safely say that Sonic 4 is sure to beat them in terms of stability and controls. Sonic 4 could become the most solid Sonic game on the platform. Sonic 1 is pretty good on the iPhone, but Sonic 2 was filled with slowdown, audio glitches and the annoyance of not being able to deselect Tails. He keeps f-ing up my special stage runs! Grrr...

Edited by Doctor Eggman

If they really wanted to go all-out in terms of marketing rip-offs, they'd release the HD version last. :lol: Then impatient people would get all three versions. As it stands, the Wii version will probably go untouched by anyone with a PS3 or 360, now (whereas even I have to admit I'd have got the Wii version and the 360 version if the Wii version came out first)

You're right in a way, though- who's going to bother with an iPhone version if they can get a HD version, other than fans for the sake of portability?

That's the way it's happening in the U.S. Over there, the Wii version is the first console version out, then the PS3 and then the Xbox 360 :lol: Though that's just because the Wii Shop Channel updates first over there.

Maybe, but you figure anyone obsessive enough to impulse download the Iphone version just to get it a day or so early would download it even if it did release after the console version anyway because of the different levels in LLZ and CSZ.

Nice trailer, forgot this version was coming out this week!

But why didn't I see any wheel-o-feet?...

But why didn't I see any wheel-o-feet?...

Becuase you weren't paying attention.

They only show up once though. The rest of the time Sonic's too busy being force rolled. He should have wheel-o-feeted after that corkscrew at the end though, so either this is old footage or the iPhone build hasn't seen the updates of the console version.

Edited by Blue Blood

Ken mentioned he was going to make an iPhone trailer and also said he would do an all-zones console one. We've got the iPhone one, so maybe this means we'll definitely see that all-zones one too.

Likely since the Wii and Iphone versions come out in three days.

Likely since the Wii and Iphone versions come out in three days.

Yeah, I expect we'll see it sometime this week. Wii version isn't out in 3 days though, it's out on the 11th in the U.S. and 15th in Europe, so I guess if they wanted to, they could release the all-zones console version trailer after the iPhone version is released.

Am I the only one who sees the bitter irony in fact that I can't watch this currently because I'm on an iPhone?

• Thumbs Up 6

Am I the only one who sees the bitter irony in fact that I can't watch this currently because I'm on an iPhone?

Can't watch it on YouTube? Woun uploaded it, as per usual. Link

Edited by Blue Blood

Can't watch it on YouTube? Woun uploaded it, as per usual. Link

Somehow I missed that post, thanks. Anyway, trailer looks quite cool. I just hope the rotating loops look smoother and that the controls are tighter than the Sonic 2 port. I can't even beat Metropolis Zone because I can't land on those spiked blocks :/

I'd forgotten what the game's actual music sounded like, and seeing it with gameplay, it doesn't seem bad at all, I still feel there's too much synth sometimes, but it still sounds pretty good.

I must admit I never liked the camera loops thing, even from the beginning, but hopefully you can switch it off. It seems well suited for tilt controls but if you're using the touch screen I don't think the camera should do that.

Skip to 2:29 in this video. It doesn't look like you can turn off the WHEE screen. Just be glad it doesn't rotate with Sonic as he spins.

E3 version of course, things might have changes but I wouldn't expect that too much.

LOL

...OK I want to see that now.

The only way to make the iPhone version of CSZ2 any worse.

Skip to 2:29 in this video. It doesn't look like you can turn off the WHEE screen. Just be glad it doesn't rotate with Sonic as he spins.

E3 version of course, things might have changes but I wouldn't expect that too much.

Wow. Don't remember seeing that particular E3 video. I didn't know the iPhone version had the option to move Sonic left and right with tilt controls :lol:

Wow, that actually looks pretty solid. Hell it might end up being one of the best Sega games released for the Iphone. Though, I do agree, the whole screen flipping thing with the loops is very unsettling; hell my head was dizzy after a few loops.

Just be glad it doesn't rotate with Sonic as he spins.

Man I can just picture that. It would basically cause people to fall out of their seats just from pure nausea.