Awoo.

Super Mario Bros: 25th Anniversary

Doctor MK

EU Wii owners, if you haven't seen it already, I just noticed there's a cool 'Super Mario History' video on the Nintendo Channel.

EU Wii owner Shadzter, thank you.

I saw one of those ads on TV today. Ugh... Ant and Dec.

EU Wii owner Shadzter, thank you.

I saw one of those ads on TV today. Ugh... Ant and Dec.

Yeah, I saw the ad earlier. It's a stripped down version of this video that hit the net earlier today. Nintendo love their celebs :P

Haha, wow, I completely forgot today was Mario's anniversary. That's pretty sad, considering Mario is one of my favorite franchises of all time.

Anyway, Happy 25th to the greatest plumber in the world. :D 25 years of great games and still going strong.

...and the motherfudging official Mario hat! Just ordered that for myself to commemorate today. 4000 stars, but worth it :)

Wahoo!

So I guess that "exclusive" 2008 platinum prize (which I chose over Doc Louis' Punch Out) wasn't so exclusive after all... Ah well, I guess the exclusive part was getting it for free. :D

So I guess that "exclusive" 2008 platinum prize (which I chose over Doc Louis' Punch Out) wasn't so exclusive after all... Ah well, I guess the exclusive part was getting it for free. :D

Yeah, I'm really feeling the burn of that 4000 star price tag :huh: But I hardly ever buy stuff from the Stars Catalogue and this is probably a limited edition opportunity, so I just had to get it. It'll be worth it, I'm sure!

Also, changed to a Mario avatar in honour of the moustachioed one. I think that's some new artwork, actually. Pretty cool if so.

Pretty cool. Unfortunately no one knows when Donkey Kong was released so we can't really say for sure when Mario was created... I really lost interest in Mario and don't like the NES game but happy anniversary Super Mario Bros.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Wow, I can't believe we've had 25 years of plumber action, but it's really not surprising, if anyone ever asked me what video game franchise would survive forever, my first answer would be Mario. No other franchise is so remembered and enjoyed that even it's worst moments are fun to see. As for my favorites, my favorite game has always been Super Mario Bros. 3, a close second would probably be Super Mario 64. My favorite moment, was probably, playing SM64 with my brother on the N64 we had just got for christmas.

Screw Mario there's other characters in need of recognition ya know. :P

Mostly because he needs some more spotlight time...

bowser.jpg

Without him Mario wouldn't be the hero he is now. And Bowser is pretty epic too. Remember that boss battles in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy? Those were very epic and you know it. XD Now only if he would get his own game...

hidden03.jpg

This guy helped Mario be even more fun since you could play with a friend. And also Luigi is pretty funny at times like Luigi's Mansion. :P

And yes there's always Peach who does nothing but get kidnapped all most of the time. You gotta have a reason to fight ya know.

Luigi has definately gotten enough limelight, even as Weegee.

But anyway congratulations Mario Mario, on your 25th anniversary! May you keep pummeling Kuribos and saving Princess until you've reached you own world 8-4.

On a side note, I'll be waitin' for you DK.

Mario would've gotten a shout out and some recognition on CNN today, but the broadcast was interrupted by President Obama.

In a couple of decades, Mario's anniversary will mark the start of a national holiday. :lol:

Calling all European Club Nintendo goers! The Stars Catalogue has just been updated with some awesome new Mario goodies!

Including:

- Golden Wii Wheel (4000 stars)

- Super NES Wii Classic Controller (7000 stars)

- "? Block" Sound Cube (2600 stars)

...and the motherfudging official Mario hat! Just ordered that for myself to commemorate today. 4000 stars, but worth it :)

Wahoo!

Jealous me is jealous! I'd totally want those!

But anyway, happy 25th Mario! I remember Super Mario Bros on the NES being the very first video game I've ever played and still love it to this day! Funny enough, I didn't realize it was his 25th anniversary until I saw a post from a friend about it earlier today. It's been a great 25 years, and here's to 25 more!

In a couple of decades, Mario's anniversary will mark the start of a national holiday. :lol:

Sorry dude, but today isn't Mario's anniversary. Everybody knows that it's March 10th. (March 10th can be abbreviated 'Mar10')

• Thumbs Up 1

September 13th is the original release date of SMB1 in Japan... as noted in the topic post.

The only Mario games I ended up playing today were Donkey Kong '94 and Super Princess Peach.

September 13th is the original release date of SMB1 in Japan... as noted in the topic post.

I know, I was making a funny. But seriously, since nobody actually knows when Donkey Kong came out, people just celebrate his birthday on March 10th.

Oh God do I love Mario. Super Mario World is what introduced me to video games. To this day, it's still my most cherished game, and Mario is my favorite franchise ever. It really warms my heart to know that Mario has been popular for so long and probably always will be

I feel ashamed to call myself a fan, though...I...I never actually beat Super Mario Brothers, mostly because of my lack of a working NES, but still. I am scum. :c

Also, I didn't get a chance to play a Mario game today...but I've had the Super Mario Bros. theme at loop for about 15 minutes now. Why is it that I feel like seriously crying...?

Happy birthday, my friend. One cannot deny that you and this game have done so much for the industry.

Edited by Gunthidoodles

The only Mario games I played that day were Melee and Yoshi's Island 2 (with newer music instead of the atrocious soundtrack in the game).

OH MY FUCKING GOD I PHYSICALLY CANNOT LIVE UNLESS I GET THAT SNES CLASSIC CONTROLLER FUCK WHERE CAN I GET ONE WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY WITH SHITTY FUCKING STARS?

OH MY FUCKING GOD I PHYSICALLY CANNOT LIVE UNLESS I GET THAT SNES CLASSIC CONTROLLER FUCK WHERE CAN I GET ONE WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY WITH SHITTY FUCKING STARS?

SNESControlitis is not a funny disease to make fun up Professor. It kills 100% of nerds.

Also aagghh the American 'free' shit sucks compared to Europe's.

I will pay money for someone to send me that Mario hat, coin block, or the SNES Classic Controller. I would pay so much money.

SNESControlitis is not a funny disease to make fun up Professor. It kills 100% of nerds.

Also aagghh the American 'free' shit sucks compared to Europe's.

I will pay money for someone to send me that Mario hat, coin block, or the SNES Classic Controller. I would pay so much money.

and it has to be in quid or in euros!

Goddam!

Next year Mario gets to celebrate his OTHER anniversary, huh?

DonkeyKong.jpg

"Mario made his appearance in 1981, since then he's become a worldwide phenomenon.

There's probably not a single person who doesn't know Mario. He's THAT famous"

-Colonel Roy Campbell

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

nintendo_wii_geburtstag_mario.JPG

http://www.videogame...Spielen-793381/

Summary: It's a Wii bundle coming with SMB 25th Anniversary game and a Wii Remote Plus. It's coming on the 11th of November.

Some of the ?-Blocks were changed to 25-Blocks

It would cost about 175€

Right now, it's Japan exclusive.

--------------

Looks pretty damn cool to me.

Edited by MarcelloF