Awoo.

Pixar's Up is Blammed

Nepenthe

If you're like me initially and have no idea what BLAM! is, it's a bumper series on The Disney Channel which remixes the old studio shorts with the addition of commentary and wacky sound effects. Unfortunately, the shorts are decidedly mediocre. Over-explained jokes and underwhelming timing and sound effects are simply leaving the idea dead in the water. But I believe it has potential, not only because it's actually been done well before, but specifically because of this parody--

It's actually better than Disney's output. The puns, the editing, the sarcasm and general douchey attitude of the narrator, and the making light of the film's more serious aspects are spot on. Whereas others are apparently crying over the desecration of an admittedly fantastic film, I've just been laughing my ass off. This guy should be hired, or at least put up a few more on YouTube.

But what do you think about this little endeavor?

Oh man, I feel like the worst person for laughing at the most upsetting parts of that movie.

It's just.. the delivery was spot on.

• Thumbs Up 1

That was a lot funnier than I was expecting, actually; bonus points for the narrator reminding me a little of CONSOLES.

The actual BLAM! shorts are pretty pathetic, though. I mean, I guess it's cool that they're introducing kids to classic cartoons, but I don't think any kid is stupid enough to need all of the gags obnoxiously explained to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god. That was painful to watch. Somebody made this, showed this to their superiors, and his boss did NOT immediately fire the brainless git and proceed to feed the video to a hungry flamethrower. This is 1 minute of a dumb pillock taking random clips from the movie and sodomizing it with the shallowest form of bile that DARES to call itself funny with all the cleverness and subtlety that Disney Channel's ever been (hint: NONE).

Worse yet it lowers itself to making dead baby jokes, which would actually be funny if it was done by a person with a brain in his head and not his scrotum, but this is the equivalent of holding a drunk frat party at someone's funeral.

The guy who made these jokes obviously got their comedic talent from watching a group of 13 year olds laughing at 'your mom' and penis jokes.

It really wasn't that good at all. It's just far too forced and... well... crap.

If they really want to do this then they need to take a lot of inspiration from Cult Toons as this doesn't come close to its level of humour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_x1KF-xk3I

(It starts at 0:50... my favourite bits are at 2:10, 3:55, 4:15, 4:25 - end)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43cu8Jp96w0

(My favourite bit is at 2:26 (but the whole animal feeding sequence is pretty epic))

Theres a few more parts to it. I personally love Cult Toons, but it's never been released on video or DVD, or even re-broadcast.... travesty.

Oh god. That was painful to watch. Somebody made this, showed this to their superiors, and his boss did NOT immediately fire the brainless git and proceed to feed the video to a hungry flamethrower. This is 1 minute of a dumb pillock taking random clips from the movie and sodomizing it with the shallowest form of bile that DARES to call itself funny with all the cleverness and subtlety that Disney Channel's ever been (hint: NONE).

Er... you know the Up video is a parody of the real BLAM! shorts, right? Disney Channel didn't make it.

You know the Disney Channel is in a sad state when people are thinking the Up video is official. Not that they have been anything relevant since 1997.

• Thumbs Up 3

Er... you know the Up video is a parody of the real BLAM! shorts, right? Disney Channel didn't make it.

This. The Up video is a parody. Really, it's way too crude and obnoxious for even the channel itself, and it is in that crudeness and obnoxiousness that the humor is supposed to be derived. Mmm, irony and satire. Gotta love it. :P

Anyhoo, you and I must simply have wildly different tastes, Gnasher. I didn't find either video particularly funny, but more akin to those weird Youtube Poop videos. I get the angle where each was going, but the edited footage was so subtle and indifferent as to be boring. I could only crack a smirk.

You know the Disney Channel is in a sad state when people are thinking the Up video is official. Not that they have been anything relevant since 1997.

Yeah pretty much. It only proves that anyone can smear their ass along a video tape and it'd still be no different than the official clips.

But honestly, I don't know if intentionally being crap doesn't make it any less crap........ because it's still pretty crap regardless of whether it's a parody or not.

Edited by Black Spy

This needs to become an Internet meme, pronto. Quick, someone "Blam!" the death scene from The Lion King. I think the Disney Channel just found an unintentional goldmine.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, I hate the real Blam!s. I want to watch the full version of old Mickey cartoons without an obnoxious narrator cracking jokes and repeatedly rewinding the cartoon.

I feel horrible to say this but... that was freaking hilarious. Especially considering that I watched a Blam short right before watching this. It's identical to the original and that's really the only reason I find it funny. Watch a real one before this and then you'll probably crack up.

I have to admit it actually gave me some laughs, especially at the beginning.

By the way, Gnasher, I had a good laugh at those Cult Toons you posted, so thank you for sharing those.

Are me and Gnash the only two who just simply thought it wasn't funny at all? Not it wasn't funny because the movie is sad, just, there was no humor to derive from that. I sat staring with a straight face wondering when I was supposed to laugh.

Are me and Gnash the only two who just simply thought it wasn't funny at all? Not it wasn't funny because the movie is sad, just, there was no humor to derive from that. I sat staring with a straight face wondering when I was supposed to laugh.

I really don't think anything has succeeded in being humorous unless you can smile at it without feeling awkward or forcing yourself.

This is not humorous in anyway. It's just kinda boring.

Surprisingly, I have agree with Gnasher. Even if it WAS meant to be a parody, it still fell flat on its face.

I mean, commentary over a cartoon or movie is fine. These Blam shorts, on the other hand, look like the bastard offspring of some decade-confused advertising executive who liked Mystery Science Theater 3000. Terrible.

After seeing people's opinions I'm not watching this for sure.

Frankly, to parody anything Pixar makes with crude humour or mocking emotional scenes - especially one as heartfelt and honest as Up - is just a horrific thought to me.

I really didn't want to laugh at this. However, I did.

This is just such a perfect parody, the narrator sounds exactly like the real one, and the humor just made you a little uncomfortable to laugh at.