Awoo.

"Seven things you (probably) didn't know..."

Diogenes

I think what shadevortex meant that the guy told him that

Sonic Unleashed Wii and Sonic Unleashed PS2 Both used Zero Gravity engine that been used in Sonic Riders Zero gravity,

Shadevortex propably mistaken both names of riders and rush.

Any ways it makes perfect sense, sonic riders zero gravity for Wii and PS2 Both came out at the same year Sonic Unleashed Wii and PS2 Came out

So they probably Created 1 Engine for both Games that was developed for PS2 and later ported to Wii (in both games). not to mention didn't sonic team say before the Wii and PS2 Unleashed uses a Pre-used Modified internal engine?

I think Sonic Colors uses the same concept as the hedgehog engine, as sonic Runs Fast and the Console Loads the Stage while doing so not to mention the detail.

its not the hedgehog engine but some thing that works like it.

but its not the hedgehog engine, its an engine created from scratch that does the same concept. iizuka even said its new, didn't the SEGA Guy told him that they were able to port the hedgehog engine to Wii some way?

i think he means it uses the same concept as The hedgehog engine, it Loads the Stage as you go to provide shorter load times and larger levels by doing so.

Edited by speedduelist

Same or Similar gameplay engine, but NOT the same graphics engine pretty much.

Also Shade Vortex, that guy that you interviewed sounds like something that I hear (read) out of this.

Edited by Jetronic

I can't see Unleashed Wii having used the ZG engine, since ZG actually ran in 60 frames and had an overall smoother feel to it.

Could just be due to the different devs (Dimps and ST as opposed to O-Two and ST I guess).

Bit of an odd choice of one as well, a racing engine into a platformer? Makes sense for Sonic I guess as well.

Edited by Hero of Legend

Same or Similar gameplay engine, but NOT the same graphics engine pretty much.

Also Shade Vortex, that guy that you interviewed sounds like something that I hear (read) out of this.

their is no such 'game play engine'.

an engine is an engine that handles the game play but not the game play its self, for example sonic needs to run fast and have larger levels the engine allows him to do so,

as i said before the Engine in sonic colors Does not allow the same graphics but i think it uses the same concept of the hedgehog engine, Which loads the textures as you go even before that allowing larger stages

if you played unleashed 360/ps3, you will some times textures popping out as you go. because the hedgehog engine renders them as fast as you Run,

Sonic colors engine may have been using the same concept but not the engine its self. the only similarity is colors engine allows the same features 'very large stages' while Unleashed some thing extra (HD Graphics)

this is why unleashed 360/PS3 Had larger stages, because the stages loads as you go.

I can't see Unleashed Wii having used the ZG engine, since ZG actually ran in 60 frames and had an overall smoother feel to it.

Could just be due to the different devs (Dimps and ST as opposed to O-Two and ST I guess).

Bit of an odd choice of one as well, a racing engine into a platformer? Makes sense for Sonic I guess as well.

Zero gravity Ran at 30 Frames per second in the PS2 Version. Dimps may have improved the graphics in the day stages.

the purpose of the hedgehog engine is to Load the textures fast as you run through them. if the Wii loaded them all at Once, the stage will be Short due to low video memmory

the engine sonic colors uses is similar to the hedgehog engine , it Loads the rest of the stage as you Run through the stage to Allow longer stages specially that the wisps alternate paths are demanding , the only difference is the graphics aren't HD Graphics.

of course i am just assuming from that guy at sega said.

Edited by speedduelist

I don't know. Every Sonic Colors stage looks pretty short compared to some SUHD stages. I mean they make up for it by having alternate paths but from just about every video we've seen two minutes is the average if you're just blazing through.

Edited by speedfreak

I don't know. Every Sonic Colors stage looks pretty short compared to some SUHD stages. I mean they make up for it by having alternate paths but from just about every video we've seen two minutes is the average if you're just blazing through.

Those aren't the final builds but they were shortened.

the stages were shortened to hide the alternate paths that you could reach by using the wisps (obviously to hide the other wisps power ups).

Those aren't the final builds but they were shortened.

the stages were shortened to hide the alternate paths that you could reach by using the wisps (obviously to hide the other wisps power ups).

That's only you assuming though, we don't know that to be a fact. Maybe some levels actually end with goal rings and some with capsules. Besides you don't cut a level off to hide an alternate path, you cut access to the alternate path.

That's only you assuming though, we don't know that to be a fact. Maybe some levels actually end with goal rings and some with capsules. Besides you don't cut a level off to hide an alternate path, you cut access to the alternate path.

is that so? their are enemies behind the goal ring in sweet mountain act 2 :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BAe_xXDfIk&feature=related

(Enemies behind the goal ring)

it could also describe a few changes in this build such as alternate pathes :

its obviously can't be that short. that is kind of design lacking

The fact that you can see enemies behind the goal ring is a pretty clear indicator that the level has been shortened. Also both acts of Tropical Resort end with a Wisp Capsule while only one act of Sweet Mountain does.

The fact that you can see enemies behind the goal ring is a pretty clear indicator that the level has been shortened. Also both acts of Tropical Resort end with a Wisp Capsule while only one act of Sweet Mountain does.

and planet wisp as well ends with a goal ring. i could also note level design flaws like their is only 1 rocket in planet wisp we saw, isn't it weird their isn't any other wisps to use? and the end of the stage is unusual?

you can also see a Dead part of the stage at the ending 2D of planet wisp, it feels that part specially unfinished and broken and probably beta.

People seem to be assuming the guy actually MEANT the engine being used in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity?

No, the guy said the Rush Engine was CALLED the Zero Gravity Engine. Do not confuse it with the game of the same name. But is that even the name for Rush's engine, or was he mistaken?

People seem to be assuming the guy actually MEANT the engine being used in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity?

No, the guy said the Rush Engine was CALLED the Zero Gravity Engine. Do not confuse it with the game of the same name. But is that even the name for Rush's engine, or was he mistaken?

he was probably mistaken. i think i will wait for an official word from Sonic Team them self

Zero gravity should be obvious that its Sonic Riders Zero gravity Engine... but he is right if he means Riders Zero gravity, because both uses havok.

I am guessing that sonic colors allows too much details and allows sonic to run fast in large stage, that is probably why its similar to the hedgehog engine but not the engine its self... just maybe

i made a video from the gamevideos footage showing what he exactly said :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGpaqg0OJBg&feature=player_embedded

Maybe, I guess from the way he phrased it, he did sound kind of ignorant about it. I didn't think anything of it at the time when I was at PAX and I guess I've mistakenly taken his word as fact. Anyways, he was mainly a PR for Sonic 4, so hey, let's just wait on word from someone who actually worked on the damn game.

Edited by Shade Vortex