Awoo.

Backseat modding/member conduct

Badnik Mechanic

So you would like us to report topics that have already been locked and delt with? The issue here is not so much that it's not being reported, but the fact that theres a mindset of it being ok to backseat mod and have a bash at people and then a handful of others jump in whilst the topic is getting delt with by staff. I think in most cases people are reporting the topic in question and then by the time it starts to turn into a free for all the topic is locked and the staffer has to edit in the age old line "Don't backseat mod." People still do it regardless of who on the staff team tells them not to because the mentality of it being ok to do that is still present on the board.

Don't be daft, I've got far more degrading methods of getting attention if I wanted. But if you don't want us to bring issues to the talbe anymore. Fine then, we'll just sit and wait for the next big announcement when more stuff like this starts happening.

Yes, you report offending posts to moderators with an explanation as to why, just like normal. The topic being locked doesn't change the fact that a comment was made, so why that would matter is beyond me. I haven't seen this apparent epidemic so maybe it would be fruitful to illustrate the magnitude and prevailence of this hideous blight on our precious forums. If I don't have the evidence in front of me then why the fuck would I take something like this seriously? And yes, I know you have more degrading methods of getting attention, I see you using them all the time XP. I've seen you around here for years and I know what you're all about; you love to be at the centre XP. Anyway, I take all matters on this forum seriously, but all the same I do not overreact either; if I see there is a real problem with this shit on the forum then I will deal with it, but I haven't. So like, present something or shut it.

Yes, you report offending posts to moderators with an explanation as to why, just like normal. The topic being locked doesn't change the fact that a comment was made, so why that would matter is beyond me.

Because theres a staff member in there reading the topic at the time of the lock? So people assume that it's being delt with and looked into?

I haven't seen this apparent epidemic so maybe it would be fruitful to illustrate the magnitude and prevailence of this hideous blight on our precious forums. If I don't have the evidence in front of me then why the fuck would I take something like this seriously? And yes, I know you have more degrading methods of getting attention, I see you using them all the time XP. I've seen you around here for years and I know what you're all about; you love to be at the centre XP. Anyway, I take all matters on this forum seriously, but all the same I do not overreact either; if I see there is a real problem with this shit on the forum then I will deal with it, but I haven't. So like, present something or shut it.

Yeah you're absolutely right, I made this topic just to get attention. It had nothing to do with what happened last night, or what happened to this guy when he made a few posts, or what then went on in the status updates a few days later with people openly slagging him and some other people off. Some other people in this topic have also said that they've seen similar things going on so I don't think that I am imagining it.

I'd say that example you put down is more to do with people being abusive pricks than backseat moderators. That's straight up flaming. Like I said, I'm aware people are saying they see this shit a lot but again I must reiterate fucking where, plzkthx!? Also, I did not say that this topic was only made to get you attention, I just illuminated the fact that you're an attention whore XP.

PS thanks for the blueblur360 thing, I hadn't heard about that one. I'll be looking into it because he got some seriously unwarranted abuse.

• Thumbs Up 1

PS thanks for the blueblur360 thing, I hadn't heard about that one. I'll be looking into it because he got some seriously unwarranted abuse.

He announced that he was and then got an alt account.

I really don't think that this guy is worth chasing, to be brutally honest...

Edited by Extaticus

I smell a flame war brewing among the staff....That's NO good! Besides, all we can do now is learn from the last member's mistake and figure out a better way to handle these situations without any asskissing or the like.

I'm just saying!

• Thumbs Up 1

I smell a flame war brewing among the staff....That's NO good! Besides, all we can do now is learn from the last member's mistake and figure out a better way to handle these situations without any asskissing or the like.

I'm just saying!

Without asskissing or stirring. It's hypocritical of me to say this in this situation, but comments like that just aren't needed. You don't have to say anything if there's something bad going on, just quietly report it.

And while we're on the topic of "bad things going on": why in the heck has Black Spy been suspended?

I smell a flame war brewing among the staff....That's NO good!

...You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

And while we're on the topic of "bad things going on": why in the heck has Black Spy been suspended?

Guess he broke some rules. Why don't you ask him? He should have been told.