Awoo.

Spax interviews Ken Balough

Detective Shadzter

Wow...this was painfull. He shoved the microfone into Ken's face so Ken himself had to lower it. And comparing Sonic to Johnny Bravo...oh. Talking 4 year old plot-holes. What the hell? Who cares? I remember this guy from Youtube, crying about the Sonic voice actors. Hahaha, "Trying to help out". Jeeeeesus. More sales because of the start-screen? Wow...just..wow!

There's actually a Ken Balough appreciation thread over on the SEGA America Forums.

Gotta commend the members there, they know how to respect someone when they need to. :)

Why don't people just pretend that Unleashed-style Sonic is the same Sonic as the one from the Genesis days, just that they couldn't design the character that way because it'd look funny with the palette and sprite limitations of the Genesis days?

I mean come on, you guys all know that Sonic's Advance 1-3 sprites and all these classic sprites modified to look "modern" look awful and jarring. Plus, Mario used to look like a rotund and stubby midget with red overalls with a blue shirt; but when they have throwbacks to those titles such as Donkey Kong, Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros., Mario keeps his same taller and leaner blue overalls red shirt appearance (in other words his modern design). Why can't we do the same thing with the way Sonic looks? I mean yeah, I love me the classic design sooooo much (still more than the modern design), but to go as ridiculously far as to complain about the consistency with the classic sprites right beside the modern model is silly.

Just thought I'd like to get that out there. =P

I mean come on, you guys all know that Sonic's Advance 1-3 sprites and all these classic sprites modified to look "modern" look awful and jarring.

But but but...I LIKE the advance sprites D:

There's actually a Ken Balough appreciation thread over on the SEGA America Forums.

Gotta commend the members there, they know how to respect someone when they need to. :)

I have passed this thread on to Ken himself. ;)

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=6112436&postcount=20

RubyEclipse continuing to prove how awesome he is :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Shuffling for his papers, bullying the Sega reps, demanding questions, irritating side comments, insertion of his own ideas into the interview, "trying to help", dressed like he's going to do a home invasion, trying to make people swallow the mic... I hope Spax is not what people think of when they think of Sonic fans.

Spax looks like the guy in all those alarm system commercials. Woo-woo-woo-woo, "Yes, someone just tried to break into our house!" "Help is on the way ma'am." It was Spax who tried to break into your house. You're the man Ken. Keep doing a good job. And way to go for chasing him away from the Sonic Colors booth.

Edited by Dabnikz

That Sonic 4 one was probably THE worst interview I have ever seen, all fault of Spax. I applaud Ken for keeping his cool and for having the patience of an absolute saint. Spax is nothing but a thorn in this fan base's side, and I sincerely hope Ken doesn't walk away thinking we're all as bad as that. Top marks for not walking off camera or punching the guy in the face though- I bet it was a bloody struggle not too. We need a Balough Brigade, some kind of eternal appreciation for the guy. :P

I would absolutely love to meet these lovely people and compose these interviews- how the heck is someone like that getting to do it? D:

Edited by bolt7
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

To be honest I've never liked Balough at least not until now. He handled the situation great and certainy deserves props for that

• Thumbs Up 1

Couldn't watch much of the Colours video as it was too crap at loading but yeah, it was painful to watch. She said that she couldn't hear him in the first question and he leans in pretty much as close as possible to her and it looked so creepy.

To be honest I've never liked Balough at least not until now. He handled the situation great and certainy deserves props for that

Likewise. Ken always seemed like a nice guy, but I thought most of his previous interviews were fairly awkward, honestly. He definitely deserves plenty of credit for how well he dealt with Spax, though, and I've suddenly found myself liking him a lot more. It's funny how someone as... y'know... as Spax can end up causing an emotional net positive, even if it's unintentional.

...yeah, that was a dreadful interview on Spax's part. I get second-hand embarrassment from that sort of thing very easily, so I had to stop it every minute or so to let myself recover. I really hope most of the people at SEGA don't think of Spax as an accurate representation of the average Sonic fan.

• Thumbs Up 2

Likewise. Ken always seemed like a nice guy, but I thought most of his previous interviews were fairly awkward, honestly. He definitely deserves plenty of credit for how well he dealt with Spax, though, and I've suddenly found myself liking him a lot more. It's funny how someone as... y'know... as Spax can end up causing an emotional net positive, even if it's unintentional.

...yeah, that was a dreadful interview on Spax's part. I get second-hand embarrassment from that sort of thing very easily, so I had to stop it every minute or so to let myself recover. I really hope most of the people at SEGA don't think of Spax as an accurate representation of the average Sonic fan.

Hopefully not. I'm pretty sure at least Ruby knows what most fans are like considering he was at SOS.

Heck, I've talked to him on multiple occasions, I'm pretty sure they know he's just an "odd" one.

First of all: props to Ken for putting up with his crap for 12, awkward minutes. I can't even make myself finish this video.

I can't stand this guy. Why does he have his hood up? Why is he forcing the mic in his face? Why does he expect Ken to be able to answer such specific questions? Why does he think any of these are worth answering? Why is he so rude? Why does he keep shoving his own commentary in the middle of the interview?

The whole thing was just so unprofessional. I'm stunned that he was even able to get into E3.

• Thumbs Up 2

Again, congrats to Ken for resisting the urge to punch this guy's jaw clean off his face.

That was just...horrific. How did he get into E3? Why is he allowed to keep Ken on the spot for THAT long? This guy has some serious issues. I can only say what's been said already really...just a horrible interview.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spax edited that video and cut its length... I'm sure it lasted much longer than 12 minutes.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I now have my suspicious that Ken Balough is in fact, a robot. Not only did he put up with that horrible interview with Spax without short circuiting, but now he's interviewing in Spanish. The accompanying techno music only highlights his robot-ness even more so.

Edited by bolt7
  • Thumbs Up 4

I now have my suspicious that Ken Balough is in fact, a robot. Not only did he put up with that horrible interview with Spax without short circuiting, but now he's interviewing in Spanish. The accompanying techno music only highlights his robot-ness even more so.

Well he IS in a PR rep.

God I hate Spax interviews. The guy is such a... a.... Nah, he's not worth thinking up words.

I've not watched it yet, dunno if I will, I hate the guy with a passion, and his Mike Pollock interview was just dire ("Hi Mike howcome everybody is shit but you?")

EDIT: Oh god, this is SO FUNNY *sides ache*

Edited by DistantJ

God I hate Spax interviews. The guy is such a... a.... Nah, he's not worth thinking up words.

I've not watched it yet, dunno if I will, I hate the guy with a passion, and his Mike Pollock interview was just dire ("Hi Mike howcome everybody is shit but you?")

EDIT: Oh god, this is SO FUNNY *sides ache*

He did an interview with Mike Pollock?! MUST FIND! He's so creepy it's amusing.

Spax is everything currently wrong with the fandom. He comes off as some creepy psycho. Seriously how can anyone put up with him for that long?!!

• Thumbs Up 2

He looks so ridiculously stupid wearing that hood. You should see the interview he did with AVGN at E3. I feel embarrassed for him.

• Thumbs Up 1