Awoo.

Help getting into SSR IRC

Detective Shadzter

I was wondering if anyone could help me get into the SSR IRC, it automatically loads up with Java but I always get the below message and I haven't got a clue what it means as I'm not tech savvy with this sort of thing:

Startup error : java.lang. Exception: Mandatory 'nick' parameter not provided

I got in once before a week or so ago using a Firefox add on called ChatZilla but I can't even get that to work now. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get into the IRC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Detective Shadzter

• bmn

• Blue Blood

• Spanner

I always get the same thing or an endless loading screen in Opera, but everything is hunky dory in Chrome.

Grab an IRC Client or use Mibbit. Java is slow and I wonder why people still use it.

ChatZilla is supposed to be a client and worked for me the first time but doesn't seem to be working now, I'll have to try that Mibbit thing you mentioned or get the Chrome browser as Blue Blood suggested.

Thanks bmn, it's working for me now :D You rock! ;)