Awoo.

NP interview w/Jun Senoue

Chaosmaster8753

They said after Splash Hill you can choose freely. You have to beat them all to get to the Final Zone though.

With an official statement from SEGA?

8I

Edited by JezMM

Bloody hell. That's how the game is designed. It's supposed to be an complete pick-up-and-play title. The fact that it's not all unlocked at once should be evidence enough that it's not built like this for press, demoing or testing purposes.

Bloody hell. That's how the game is designed. It's supposed to be an complete pick-up-and-play title. The fact that it's not all unlocked at once should be evidence enough that it's not built like this for press, demoing or testing purposes.

I can think of tons of pick-up and play titles that don't have all the content unlocked from the start (more or less). Sorry, I'm just finding this really hard to believe right now, and you have every right to rub it in my face if the game is released and it's still like this.

But if not, I like, totally called it or whatever.

I can think of tons of pick-up and play titles that don't have all the content unlocked from the start (more or less). Sorry, I'm just finding this really hard to believe right now, and you have every right to rub it in my face if the game is released and it's still like this.

But if not, I like, totally called it or whatever.

I just mean this game is suppposed to be very, very easy to pick up. Clear what is essentially the practice level, and you can play the game however you want to after that. If it's any different in the final build, it's cause it was changed by fan request. Being forced to the menu has been a complaint of most 3D Sonic games.

I just mean this game is suppposed to be very, very easy to pick up. Clear what is essentially the practice level, and you can play the game however you want to after that. If it's any different in the final build, it's cause it was changed by fan request. Being forced to the menu has been a complaint of most 3D Sonic games.

There's just no logic at all to it though. No Sonic game has done it before, there was no fan request for it, I sincerely can't think of anyone other than impatient kids who would want to play the levels in any order, and frankly if they did they should just do a retro throwback by including a title screen cheat code. Just... fauarharjarh it's such a random and stupid decision.

Just... fauarharjarh it's such a random and stupid decision.

You're making it sound like random and stupid decisions aren't the norm with Sonic Team. :rolleyes:

Even if you can't play the Zones in any order, I'm pretty sure they'll still drop you off at the menu screen after each act.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

There's just no logic at all to it though. No Sonic game has done it before, there was no fan request for it, I sincerely can't think of anyone other than impatient kids who would want to play the levels in any order, and frankly if they did they should just do a retro throwback by including a title screen cheat code. Just... fauarharjarh it's such a random and stupid decision.

I've just watched a video of the game that shows how this design is intentional. Afer completing SHZ1 you get a message saying "You can now play Act 1 to 3 in each zone" and you are taken to the menu.

I'm still choosing to believe, no matter how elaborate it is, it's still just done for a current preview version. @_@

I mean I guess it doesn't really affect me anyway as I'll just play them through in order regardless but... still.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm still choosing to believe, no matter how elaborate it is, it's still just done for a current preview version. @_@

I mean I guess it doesn't really affect me anyway as I'll just play them through in order regardless but... still.

It's not the current preview version, it's the old leaked build. The one that was final before SEGA got wind of the fan rage.