Awoo.

Hero of Legend exclusive: New Wii & DS screens featuring "Planet Wisp"!

Hero of Legend

The stage looks truly awesome, my only question is how on Earth is someone supposed to get through this stage without the rocket wisp? I think the wisps are cool and will be fun to use so I don't mind but I know some fans do want to play without wisps and were promised that they could do so.

Whoever said you couldn't get through it without the Rocket Wisp? Don't judge the gameplay of the entire level from just a set of screenshots. :)

Whoever said you couldn't get through it without the Rocket Wisp? Don't judge the gameplay of the entire level from just a set of screenshots. :)

Of course, you're right and it's possible that these screenshots are somewhat deceptive. I'm not saying it can't be done, but judging by the height of some of the platforms I have no idea how you would proceed without it. It should be fun though to play through the level without the wisps just because it looks like it'll add a lot of challenge.

actually its been confirmed that the wisps are optional but i don't think you will have as much as fun without them.

I will go a little off-topic here but I was thinking about this new "Wisp planet" when Sparks @Retro posted this picture:

Springyard.png

*mind blown*

• Thumbs Up 1

I will go a little off-topic here but I was thinking about this new "Wisp planet" when Sparks @Retro posted this picture:

Springyard.png

*mind blown*

Skooch over a bit, let me join you.

*mind explodes*

For anyone that didn't notice, collecting those red rings with the stars in them fills up that little 5 slot meter on the bottom right corner of those screen shots.

There's also five slots, anyone care to guess if something special happens when collecting all 5 in an act?

I think Viviroking is right, probably special stages. But...crap, I hope not. I HATED the special stage system in Sonic Advance 2, and it looks like they're doing the exact same thing here. Then again, I guess I don't know enough to be able to judge quite yet. If you can collect them one at a time and come back to get the rest when replaying a level, then fine. Just so long as we don't have to get all five at once. <_<

Springyard.png

*mind blown*

Oh great, now Sonic 4 AND Sonic Colors are both a rehash.

Do I have to say it was a joke?

• Thumbs Up 1

Springyard.png

*mind blown*

I don't get it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't get it.

Nor do I. Does it have something to do with the way the rings look like a chain?

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's more of the brownish metal structures surrounded by greenery and mountains. I don't really see much of a similarity beyond the blatant and simplistic, tho'.

Nor do I. Does it have something to do with the way the rings look like a chain?

Thanks, now I can't unsee it =/

BTW, It's like Diogenes said, just a cosmetic coincidence...

Well, they do both have spikey balls:

wii_pla_act_00.jpg

Also, I think that cannon looks slightly badnikish.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

I see the similarity. The colors, the shapes, the spike balls, the mountains. Definitely has a Spring Yard vibe. Cool find!

Colours just has Sonic style written all over it. Even Sweet Mountain which is kinda Mario-y is all made of metal.

wii_pla_act1_29.jpg

That whole structure in the back with the microscope looking things facing the chain tether is some nice detail. It makes me wonder why it's so detailed actually. Maybe we'll get to go there? I'm hoping that we see the chain break at the end of each level in an epic scene. Or even an epic boss fight in front of the chain.

That whole structure in the back with the microscope looking things facing the chain tether is some nice detail. It makes me wonder why it's so detailed actually. Maybe we'll get to go there? I'm hoping that we see the chain break at the end of each level in an epic scene. Or even an epic boss fight in front of the chain.

Oh that'd be epic! Instead of breaking open a capsule like in the Classics you break the chain and free the planet for each zone.

• Sonic News

On the red rings: they look exactly like the red rings from Secret Rings, which unlocked art and movies and other production materials in game when collected.

On the red rings: they look exactly like the red rings from Secret Rings, which unlocked art and movies and other production materials in game when collected.

Hiccup. The Fire Souls from SatSR where just red rings on fire. There were some silver rings though, worth 25 regular ones, identical to these in every way but colour.

• 2 weeks later...

From the looks of all those paper objects there, we won't be going anywhere near it.

PSI, they're all old shots.

I'm pretty sure they're all the same ones Hero of Legend got from SEGA of America's press vault, SEGA Europe have only just added them to their Flickr and EU Press Vault. I've just noticed they've added the EU box artwork to the EU Press Vault too. I'll have that up shortly in the box art topic, it's only the same as the U.S. box art though with dif ratings.

Hmmm, so far the DS bosses seem kinda samey, no?

I think I'll hold off on getting that version for a bit. The Wii one looks great but hearing the DS one is Sonic Rush without the things that made Sonic Rush fun IMO (trick system/constant boosting) I think I'll hold off for impressions or a price drop.

I'm pretty sure they're all the same ones Hero of Legend got from SEGA of America's press vault, SEGA Europe have only just added them to their Flickr and EU Press Vault. I've just noticed they've added the EU box artwork to the EU Press Vault too. I'll have that up shortly in the box art topic, it's only the same as the U.S. box art though with dif ratings.

Just checked them, and the Wisps have been moved so the rating doesn't get in the way on the USK ones. At least Germany doesn't have to worry about that this time. Also, what did they do to the Colours? Screwed them up either in saving or uploading methinks.

Just checked them, and the Wisps have been moved so the rating doesn't get in the way on the USK ones. At least Germany doesn't have to worry about that this time. Also, what did they do to the Colours? Screwed them up either in saving or uploading methinks.

Oh, are they in the Flickr too? XD

Here are my uploads from the pres vault to Imageshack anyway -

DS:

http://img32.imageshack.us/i/5147scds2dpackcobonline.jpg/

http://img830.imageshack.us/i/5148scds2dpackpegionlin.jpg/

http://img844.imageshack.us/i/5149scds2dpackuskonline.jpg/

Wii:

http://img197.imageshack.us/i/5150scwii2dpackcobonlin.jpg/

http://img338.imageshack.us/i/5151scwii2dpackpegionli.jpg/

http://img706.imageshack.us/i/5152scwii2dpackuskonlin.jpg/

Honestly, since I joined the press vault some weeks ago there has been absolutely no point. SEGA just stick everything in their blogs and Flickr as soon as it's made available anyway :lol: