Awoo.

Ghosts

Lady Lily

I aint afraid of no ghosts.

Well, my mother insists that her apartment is haunted as do other tenants, but I'm not buying it. She will tell stories of how her neighbors hear slamming or how she felt her pillow being pulled, but I just tell her that she and her neighbors are batshit, as any caring son would.

She will tell stories of how her neighbors hear slamming or how she felt her pillow being pulled

See now why would any ghost care to do that? The same goes for demonic possessions. Why would they even bother? One time my sister rented The Exorcism of Emily Rose and I was just laughing at the fact that a head hauncho demon like Belial would even waste it's time getting into some random woman's head.

I don't believe in ghosts, or spirits, souls, energies, demons, etc. When people propose that consciousness or the mind is seperate and seperable from the material there tends to be problems with those dualistic philosophies. If the mind is reducible to the brain and matter then I don't see how ghosts could be possible at all.

Like others have said I can't know for certain whether they do or don't exist, but since there is no evidence for their existence the chances are slim.

Has anyone seen that Discovery Channel special called A Haunting or something similiar? They would act out encounters by real people with "ghosts". The show really creeped me out, for the same reasons as Pelly, but I laughed almost everytime. One story that really sticks out is that a taoist exorcist comes to a home and opens up all the windows and doors to let the spirit have multiple routes or whatever. Then they kneel before an alter of food (since when do ghosts eat?!) and as they are praying they feel a cold chill which they think is the ghost. I was thinking "are you serious, you left the entire fucking house open to drafts and you really think there's a spirit?".

Dead people are dead. That's all there is too it.

Yuppity Yup Yup.

Though, without the believers, or at least without the ones who let their imaginations get the best of them, then the world would be a lot less fun, XD. Ghost, monsters, etc; I love scaring people, XD.

-Blur

I don't believe in ghosts because they don't believe in me, and how dare I believe in something that doesn't give me confidence >O!!!!!!!

Srsly, dead people are dead as it has been stated. Gotta say though that the idea of it makes for cool ideas for stories and such, but in reality - nah...not real imo.

Has anyone seen that Discovery Channel special called A Haunting or something similiar? They would act out encounters by real people with "ghosts". The show really creeped me out, for the same reasons as Pelly, but I laughed almost everytime. One story that really sticks out is that a taoist exorcist comes to a home and opens up all the windows and doors to let the spirit have multiple routes or whatever. Then they kneel before an alter of food (since when do ghosts eat?!) and as they are praying they feel a cold chill which they think is the ghost. I was thinking "are you serious, you left the entire fucking house open to drafts and you really think there's a spirit?".

Oh man I love that show. I haven't seen it in years though, if I watched it now I'd probably be a bit scared at times and be facepalming at others, but I'd still like to watch it since it's extremely entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.. I've always believed in ghosts. However, I've only ever seen one once. I was at Primary School in the girl's toilets, and I saw a shadow of an old woman go into the disabled one =/ Although I may have just been seeing things. Other than this, I've seen enough evidence on various TV programmes to make me believe ghosts are real.

Years ago, my mum couldn't get into her house as she'd lost her keys, then suddenly, a figure of her dead auntie appeared and let her in :o Amazing.

I aint afraid of no ghosts.

Well, my mother insists that her apartment is haunted as do other tenants, but I'm not buying it. She will tell stories of how her neighbors hear slamming or how she felt her pillow being pulled, but I just tell her that she and her neighbors are batshit, as any caring son would.

If there's something strange

in your neighborhood

Who ya gonna call?

See now why would any ghost care to do that? The same goes for demonic possessions. Why would they even bother? One time my sister rented The Exorcism of Emily Rose and I was just laughing at the fact that a head hauncho demon like Belial would even waste it's time getting into some random woman's head.

For shits and giggles, I guess? I don't know. People who believe in these kinds of things can come up with every explanation except as to why.

But I guess if you believe demons are able to posses the bodies of the living and take them over, then the thought of them having some sort of motive we don't know about isn't much of a stretch.

If there's something strange

in your neighborhood

Who ya gonna call?

Ghostbusters.gif

GHOSHT BUSHTAAAAHS

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Farnsworth

I would love ghosts to be real but I just don't see how it's possible. I'm really bugged by what happens when you die, REALLY bugged, is there a afterlife? is heaven/hell real? or is there just sleep without dreaming? nothingness? .... you would think that these questions would have been answered by now.

I believe in spirits, so to speak. The Holy Spirit being one that I firmly believe is around and works through me.

As for the generic white bedsheets thing going on, ehehe... no.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I wish the ye olde archives still existed for the sake of the legendary Shadow People topic...

Anyway, ghosts are one of those things that are extremely interesting to read about and makes life a bit more magical if you think they're real, but which aren't at the end of the day.

I kinda believe but I believe something different. I think that when we are alive we leave like 'footprints' which is just what we're doing as we go about our daily lives in the form of some sort of weird energy and like years later people experience the sight of such apparitions which play out in front of them; there's nothing essentially sentient or particularly aware or even alive there, just like, energy sorta like a footprint.

But I don't think science can really disprove ghosts, but it can reject them. I mean this to say, they can say there's no evidence that ghosts do exist, but they can't say ghosts don't exist outright. So it's a big grey area really. In my opinion though, they do exist in the 'footprint' form I mentioned above.

I also kinda wanna believe in the typical 'WOO I SCARE YOU' ghost that actually walks around and interacts with people, purely because it'd be cool, but nah I don't. XD

I want to believe they exist, I really do. There's too much evidence in the world for me to simply dispell the idea of their existence and I don't believe everything can be proved by science. I'm also worried about life after death. I'm terrified of ceasing to exist of simply becoming nothing for all eternity and that's why I want spirits to exist, to be able to live on in some way after I die and for those I care about to live on in some way.

Edited by CreamyBagel

I'm also worried about life after death. I'm terrified of ceasing to exist of simply becoming nothing for all eternity
A bit off topic, but this always strikes me as a weird way of putting it. To me, death is death, the end, game over, thanks for playing. If there was some sort of afterlife, or after-death, it wouldn't really be death, just a change into a new form of life, so why call it life after death?