Awoo.

SEGA @ E3 2010?

eXtaticus

I hope that Sega's surprises are actual surprises, and not things we've known about for a while already, like Sonic Adventure on XBLA/PSN etc. I want a reason to scrrreeeaaaaaamm. In a good way!

Whilst the Shenmue 3 fans are always out in force, I would personally go to a hat store and eat them out of business if a Skies of Arcadia 2 was ever announced. That is my dream!

• Thumbs Up 1

VF5: The Final Showdown and a Yakuza 4 localization sound like things they'd save for TGS (or later).

Well...Sega sure showed me on that account. I'd like to think that VF5: TFS would be announced as well, but I still doubt that one. It'll most likely need to be released in Japan (like Yakuza 4) before that one gets a Western announcement.

Well...Sega sure showed me on that account. I'd like to think that VF5: TFS would be announced as well, but I still doubt that one. It'll most likely need to be released in Japan (like Yakuza 4) before that one gets a Western announcement.

mindblown.jpg

Hopefully this time they don't cut anything (or the cuts are insignificant), this would be a really good proof to my "SEGA (Sonic Team included) is trying to be cool again" theory. :D

Edited by imarafan
  • Thumbs Up 1

Checked some new SEGA trademarks yesterday and found only one, thats new to me: 'Kingdom Conquest'. There's no information about platform oder genre. I'm looking forward for a reveal at E3.

And I also got some bad news: SEGA did not renew the trademark for Panzer Dragoon. It ended in March 2010, so we won't see another Panzer Dragoon from SEGA in the next years.

But they updated the trademarks for Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi and other Dreamcast IP's, probably to re-release them for Xbox LIVE and PSN.

Oh btw: No new Sonic title was registred.

• Thumbs Up 1

But they updated the trademarks for Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi and other Dreamcast IP's, probably to re-release them for Xbox LIVE and PSN.

Two down.

SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced plans to bring classic titles from its popular Dreamcast™ console to Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®Network later this year. Sonic Adventure™ and Crazy Taxi™ will be the first two classics made available, with Sonic leading the pack in Autumn 2010 for the 11th anniversary of the launch of the Dreamcast in Europe.

[...]

“The Dreamcast is fondly remembered by a large community of dedicated fans as a console that was ahead of its time in terms of graphics, quality and online gaming” commented Haruki Satomi, VP of Digital Business at SEGA of America and SEGA Europe. “There are few things that are more requested from us than making Dreamcast classics available for download in today’s digital market place. We’re very excited to begin offering gamers our beloved Dreamcast titles again on the current console systems.”

Sonic Adventure will be available for download in Autumn 2010. Both Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi will be on display at SEGA’s booth (#2023) at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo.

More to come? o:

Edited by Dobkeratops
  • Thumbs Up 1

They renewed the trademark for Skies of Arcadia?

*mind is blown*

Since Sonic Adventure is supposedly coming with the DX version, do you think a possible DC port would cover the Gamecube Legends version? OH DO WANT. I might own it twice, but any game worth owning twice is worth owning three times :lol:

Ditto for a possible Shenmue.

• Thumbs Up 1

> SEGA release JSR on PSN/XBLA

> It sells better than MW2

> SEGA makes lots of money

> SEGA releases new console

> SEGA releases new JSR on new console

> World peace attained

Or more realistically...

> SEGA release JSR on PSN/XBLA

> ???

> Profit!

Yeah, JSR had better be somewhere in that future line-up.

EDIT: I said "world peach attained".

Edited by Tropical Resort Zone
  • Thumbs Up 3

Here's also hoping for JSR, plus Shenmue since I've never actually had the chance to play it. *shot*

Judging by feedback online, JSR seems to be the most wanted Dreamcast game of all time, even more popular than Shenmue :o

Maybe re-releasing these old Dreamcast games is a good way to gauge public opinion of them and the possibility of sequels/remakes?

SEGA have hidden goodies in store for us

"Sega emailed me today with their weekly updates and continued within it was something that suggests that they still have a few unannounced games that will be making an appearance at this year's E3 conference.

"Anyway E3 is on the horizon – will SEGA be revealing anything juicy? You’ll just have to wait and see won’t you! I’d keep a good eye on our Twitter (@SEGA) as well as our blogs and Facebook though."

We trust that many of you will be keeping an eye on those twitter feeds over the next few days. As always, if we hear it, we'll post it. Also, why not check out our Twitter account."

Source: http://www.baxy-z.com/site_content.php?title=sega-hint-at-more-games-from-them-at-e3

SEGA....those sneaky buggers.

What are they hiding.

So many possibilities.

Also, when did SEGA ever become so.....good.

Just a few years ago they were stingy bitches.

Did any managment changes occur.

If any did, then it certainly looks to be in our favour.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anybody know what it means?

They were given out just to celebrate the re-releases of certain Dreamcast games on Xbox Live (and PS3? I'm not too sure), so nothing major unfortunately.