Awoo.

I have a question about reputation.

agoodusername

The second post in this topic remains sage advice.

I'd like to thank the guy that wrote it.

Also /slap @ whoever deleted my post on this page of the thread - whether I accidentally broke a rule or not, a /slap for you! >:o

(+1 irony if it was a forum bug that chewed up my post)

Okay, I promise to stop complaining about the rep system if you stop giving me bad rep.

That's not how it works.

Okay, I promise to stop complaining about the rep system if you stop giving me bad rep.

Even if I were the one giving you neg rep.... Please explain to me why that deal is of benefit to me? Do you seriously not see a problem with what you've just said there?

Edited by Gnasher

We can't promise anything.

1. I think you shouldn't take this reputation thing to heart. It's not that serious, really!!!

2. Really think about what you're posting. I know I said this in a post before, but what you say comes off as lacking thought. No offense! =/ If you're new to message boards, I understand. There's a certain way you should carry yourself on a forum. I think we've told you all we could, the rest you're going to have to figure out on your own.

3. Good luck. :)

Edited by eboni

Even if I were the one giving you neg rep.... Please explain to me why that deal is of benefit to me? Do you seriously not see a problem with what you've just said there?

It is because I want to have a happy, fun experience on a Sonic site. I have been playing the games since Sonic made his Genesis debut in 1991, and have been a loyal fan since. If the Sonic Stadium ends up being the wrong forum for me then I either go somewhere else or don't post on a forum at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh my goodness =o

Vulpine, please do stop whining about your rep. You're certainly disenchanting people to you with every complaint. Although perhaps that's your intention?

My theory is that you're deliberately fishing for bad rep and this is a game to you (: All you do is post about rep, and I'd like to believe that you're not SO stupid that you can't see how that gets you MORE bad rep.

So I'm going to assume you're doing it on purpose. And I'm going to ask you, in the politest way that I can, to please shut up about it.

I'd like this topic to remain a general open forum for discussion of the rep system and genuine questions rather than your personal gripe-box.

Everyone else, please just let it drop now (:

• Thumbs Up 1

For the record, I love the reputation system on this forum simply because from what I've seen of it around here there is no abuse whatsoever and for once the rep number on a post is an actual good indicator of the post's quality, including the couple of times I've been negged.

That quote from months ago still stands.

Stop making terrible posts and your rep will improve. It's that simple. You keep getting negged because you insist on sounding like an asshat in almost every post you make and that's even after all the help people have tried to give you in this thread and others.

NOTE FOR OVER-SENSITIVE PEOPLE WHO REPORT POSTS FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN THEY GOT BUTTHURT READING IT:

"SOUNDING LIKE AN ASSHAT" =/= "BEING AN ASSHAT"

less butthurt plz

Hypothetical time: If you always sound like an asshat in every post you type on the Internet, what will people think you actually are?

That's right kids! :D

To further demonstrate my point, please enjoy this useful self-help video:

not inb4 flyboy :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you.

I had to euthanize the KH topics on ethical grounds, but if anyone wishes to continue the discussion sans drama, feel free to start a new one or find an existing KH thread to bump if one exists.

I'd advise anyone with concerns about the reputation system to read this thread in full before posting because all the information and opinions in it are still relevant and up-to-date and probably always will be.

Thank you.

I had to euthanize the KH topics on ethical grounds, but if anyone wishes to continue the discussion sans drama, feel free to start a new one or find an existing KH thread to bump if one exists.

^^; I really am sorry, eboni. I didn't want to cut anyone off from legitimate posting, but the last two pages (and portions of the first ones) were nothing but drama and whining.

Please do repost in a current or new KH topic (:

I just see no point in letting a topic limp on when it's already dragging its near-carcass (and everyone clinging to it) through the mud. Had the original post been solid, I might have just trimmed the thing back... but as it stands, there was (IMHO) nothing good that could come of it.

A good quote to remember with regards to ANY forum debate where you feel you are beating your head against a wall: "Never try to argue with an idiot. (S)he'll drag you down to your level and then beat you with experience." (;

Not that I am calling ANYONE on SSMB such a thing, of course!

^^; I really am sorry, eboni. I didn't want to cut anyone off from legitimate posting, but the last two pages (and portions of the first ones) were nothing but drama and whining.

Hey Vulpine. Here's an idea on how to get better rep. Stop making topics saying how much you hate something without giving a good reason.

In fact, if you're going to judge a series based on its fans, or make topics saying that a certain game series sucks because "uhh..........teh company wHo maykeS it iz EVULLL!!!!11!1", you can forget about getting positive rep.

Oh yeah, and like Flyboy said, whining never helped anybody. Most former noobs (me included) learned that the hard way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps having "Yes I actually liked Sonic 06" in your signature would have been a tip-off as to why people don't like you. Because you obviously need to join the crowd and be like everyone else to be accepted, because mother and father won't let us be different, we're all the same, aaaaaaaall the same~

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 4