Awoo.

TSS: April Fool!

Dreadknux

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed our little April Fools gag there. You know us – we’re always game for a laugh on April 1st, and this year was no exception. Instead of tricking you all with some round-the-gardens thing again, we decided to let one of the best characters in the Sonic universe take centre stage.

BIGNEWS is the premier site dedicated to Big the Cat news. Be sure to give all of those articles a read, as it provides some fascinating insight into the world of the lazy cat we’ve all come to love – or hate.

Don’t worry about losing BIGNEWS either – we’re keeping it in archive well after April Fools’ day is over, so you can enjoy all the hard work Big put into this. It’s probably the most effort he’s put into something, so he hopes you’ll appreciate it to some degree. Or maybe he doesn’t hope that at all – he’s likely just snoozing in the Mystic Ruins again. Whatever.

Have a good day today – and don’t fall foul to any nasty tricks!

View the full article

That and to take a well needed swipe at Tee Ess Ess Zed News

Not that I'm suggesting anything.

Edit: You censoring... Inflammatory -T

Edited by New Gerkuman

Surprise, BIGNEWS is being taken over by a kind fellow Big met on his travels by the name of Diego.

(God that was a good year XD)

I still have about 3 hours to go before it is officially April Fools day where I live, so I was a bit caught off gaurd by the little Big trick. :lol: Well anyway, I'll be on my gaurd for any tricks tomorrow at school, and of course the internet. :rolleyes:

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool

"Bear in mind this material may be subject to our recently established sensitivity guidelines."

Freaking ace.

Haha, this is great, I totally forgot its April 1st. When I wa sloading th epage and read BIG NEWS I thought a game was anounced or something and yo guys were making a joke about cute fluffy kittens by saying big news.

At least I was half right.

Loved it, It was great. I honestly wasn't expecting something as awesome as this on sonic stadium. Nice job guys. =)

Loved it, It was great. I honestly wasn't expecting something as awesome as this on sonic stadium. Nice job guys. =)

buuuuuurn.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm impressed to see an April Fools effort that actually made me laugh. Well done indeed.

Almost as good as Knuckles DS.

Edited by The Good Doctor

I almost want a whole spin-off website updated fortnightly, because you can never have enough Big.

One of my favorite April Fool's jokes today - enough so that I actually registered just to post this.

Well done, guys!

• Thumbs Up 7

You guys really out did yourselves this year. I went to TSS this morning expecting the BIGNEWS to be a fake announcement, but heck was I wrong! :lol:

Well played!

You guys really did more work than last year. I went to The Sonic Stadium this morning expecting the BIGaNEWSa to be a farse, but hell, was I totaly incorrect!

Well done!

BIGNEWS is great. Great April fools joke, guys! I got a good laugh out of it. :lol:

Last year was fun =D

Haha, yeah. The backwards page and "Stadium the Hedgehog" filter made it awesome. XD

One of my favorite April Fool's jokes today - enough so that I actually registered just to post this.

Well done, guys!

Holy crap, it's RubyEclipse! This may be a bit off topic, but nice to see you on the forums. Hope you decide to stick around a while; having both you and AAUK on this board would be excellent. :)

TSS's April Fools joke was nothing compared to OC Remix's.

Those guys almost made theirs really convincing. The whole Remixanator thing almost got me until I caught on to the other parts where they said they were no longer accepting submissions from that point onward AND that their judges were relieved of their duties.

From what it looked, however, it seems I should've played along as I got a 1-day suspension for pointing it out in their topic on the forums.

It's all good tho, it's not exactly an actual ban, because they gave me this as the reason for being banned. I can't exactly wrap my finger about what this particular joke is suppose to meam to me, but they could've been kind enough to give me a steak to use the stuff on. :lol:

The steak sauce's brand name is A1: April 1st.

The steak sauce's brand name is A1: April 1st.

Oh...

Well that makes sense. :lol:

So then...

Dread Chuckles squad.... what was that all about?

Well a few nights about, in a tiny chat thingy, a couple of us were 'chatting' and someone mentioned that it was April Fools day in a few days time. So I suggested that we try and pull a prank on the forum staff since they tend to pull pranks on us lot.

After a few suggestions I said. "How about we all change our user names to one of the staff and then add the world "Chuckle" at the end. We change our signatures and profiles to match that staffer. Only have a picture of Barry Chuckle as our avatar.

So usernames might have been

"Grump Dread Chuckle"

"Happy Flyboy Chuckle"

"Funny Aoi Chuckle"

This one was the decided pic for avatars.

barry_chuckle.jpg

However, as discussions went on, it quickly turned into a "Lets all try and copy Dread!"

So when April 1st came a couple of guys started, including changing their status updates, as the day went on it gradually snowballed and there was even some variations of the Barry Chuckle avatar, a couple of them had me howling with laughter.

So yes, Happy April Chuckle.

TSS's April Fools joke was nothing compared to OC Remix's.

You seem to have forgotten about the epic April Fools joke a few years back for the Smash Cards. (:

I'd love to see a website top THAT one. Dayum.

You seem to have forgotten about the epic April Fools joke a few years back for the Smash Cards. (:

I'd love to see a website top THAT one. Dayum.

April Fools joke? No man - Smash Cards is still coming. We just had a technical hitch that delayed us indefinitely...

;)

It's funny because I have no idea who Barry Chuckle is anyway. :P