Awoo.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions

Badnik Mechanic

spiderman_shattered_dimensions_boxart.jpg

Boxart revealed! It's interesting to see 2099 take center stage on it. Maybe every version's boxart will have a different Spidey in front. It's also interesting to see what lengths they'll go to to keep the identity of the fourth Spider secret.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

spiderman_shattered_dimensions_boxart.jpg

Boxart revealed! It's interesting to see 2099 take center stage on it. Maybe every version's boxart will have a different Spidey in front. It's also interesting to see what lengths they'll go to to keep the identity of the fourth Spider secret.

Uh... what boxart?

Try this link.

And 2099 looks tight, but I find Noir to be the most appealing of the three. Now we have just one more to wait for. Any guesses on who the last one will look like? I'm going more for a bright type. Closer to the Amazing spiderman, but a little darker. It might even be Venom Spider-man.

- Edit -

Dang, Crash beat me to it.

Anywho I'll leave the link just in case the image decides it doesn't want to show again.

Edited by A.C.193

And 2099 looks tight, but I find Noir to be the most appealing of the three. Now we have just one more to wait for. Any guesses on who the last one will look like? I'm going more for a bright type. Closer to the Amazing spiderman, but a little darker. It might even be Venom Spider-man.

If the pre-order bonus is correct, it'll be symbiote spiderman... but if you ask me, they missed a trick if they don't have Marvel Zombies spiderman.

Probably a different take on Symbiote Spiderman than the ordinary since they already have Amazing Spiderman. Maybe Ultimate Symbiote Spidey?

Also I second the notion that Zombie Spidey would be a great idea.

2099 Spidey looks great. I dunno if that's the Hobgoblin or Green Goblin 2099. I'm not too familiar with 2099 continuity, but the building they fight in front of seems to say Oscorp, which is Norman's company in the present. People are saying the last one is a symbiote. Maybe if Noir Spidey is dark, Symbiote Spidey is evil?

If the pre-order bonus is correct, it'll be symbiote spiderman... but if you ask me, they missed a trick if they don't have Marvel Zombies spiderman.

That isn't a bad idea. They still might have the Zombie Spiderman, while symbiote Spiderman might just be an extra skin for general play. If not, then your right. They're missing out on something.

I'm guessing the last reveal that we see a glimpse of at the end of the trailer is Spider Carnage, or something similar.

CostumeSpiderCarnage.gif

It'd make a nice change from playing as the venom symbiote again.

• 1 month later...

New 2099 Trailer introducing Scorpion.

Honestly, I'm not loving the monstorous direction they're taking with most of the villains. I prefer it when they're normal people in costumes like Spider-Man himself. Doesn't look half bad though.

Comic-Con's coming up, so the final dimension will be revealed soon.

Honestly, I'm not loving the monstorous direction they're taking with most of the villains. I prefer it when they're normal people in costumes like Spider-Man himself. Doesn't look half bad though.

Spider-Man is someone who was bitten by a freak spider and gained the ability to scale walls and shoot webbing out of his fucking wrists.

I think the villains are just fine in comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Spider-Man is someone who was bitten by a freak spider and gained the ability to scale walls and shoot webbing out of his fucking wrists.

He isn't a monster though. He still has the appearance of a typical human.

Most of the villains I love I usually the same. Of course this doesn't apply to the likes of Venom or Lizard, but I'm not too fond of Goblin and Scorpion being just as beastly.

He isn't a monster though. He still has the appearance of a typical human.

So, this guy was bitten by a radioactive scorpion and just wasn't so lucky.

How can you make fun of someone's bad luck like that so easily? This is a disability he has I am ashamed of you.

So, this guy was bitten by a radioactive scorpion and just wasn't so lucky.

lolwut? Scorpion was never bitten like Spidey. Sure you know what you're talking about? And how am I making how am I making fun of him? I just said that I don't like his design in this game.

All I was saying is that I liked Scorpion's design better like this:

Scorpy.gif

More like a human in a costume rather than a monster. Maybe you missed the point.

lolwut? Scorpion was never bitten like Spidey.

of course he wasn't bitten like spidey.

he was bitten by a scorpion, duh.

Actually in the 2099 universe Spidey and Scorpion do share an origin. The same accident that mixed Miguel's DNA with a spider mixed the local high school jackass Kron's DNA with a scorpion. And Scorpion 2099 has always been a mutated freak like that as opposed to the costumed Scorpion of Spectacular and Amazing Spidey's comics.

Considering Scorpion 2099 is in I bet we'll see Venom 2099 too considering Kron later played host to the symbiote.

Actually in the 2099 universe Spidey and Scorpion do share an origin. The same accident that mixed Miguel's DNA with a spider mixed the local high school jackass Kron's DNA with a scorpion.

Heh. How 'bout that...

Personally, I think the last dimension will be Symbiote specific and have Venom in that. If not, then Venom 2099 would be my next guess.

I always prefer the 'monster' versions of enemies, men in suits are so tacky, hahah. I read Ultimate Spider-Man, in which the Green Goblin even is a hulk-like monster creature, I always found it much more fun, so I'm cool with whatever this game wants to do, and each dimension, well, they're using the versions of the villains from that particular comic series.

So do we know what the four dimensions are now? Normal Spider-Man, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Man 2099 and...? I'd love if the other was Ultimate Spider-Man, though it's probably not since it's so similar to the main universe.

Unsurprisingly, the last dimension is Ultimate (Symbiote).

Not sure why they saved such an obvious pick for last, but it looks pretty cool. And hey, it's got Deadpool!

Also, if anyone hasn't seen it yet, Juggernaut has been added to the Amazing universe.

We also have confirmation that Josh Keaton will play Ultimate Spidey. That makes sense given Spectacular Spider-Man was based on elements from the Ultimate universe. So, that makes our four spideys:

Amazing Spidey - Neil Patrick Harris (New Animated Series Spidey)

Noir Spidey - Christopher Daniel Barnes (90's Animated Series Spidey)

Spidey 2099 - Dan Gilvezan (Amazing Friends Spidey)

Ulimate Spidey - Josh Keaton (Spectacular Spidey)

(Neil Patrick Harris isn't really confirmed yet, but the Spidey lines in the Juggernaut trailer and announcement trailer do sound very much like him.)

In short, the voices of the Spider-Men are taken from every Spidey cartoon released after the original 80's show, save for Unlimited. They've definitely went all out on this game as far as casting is concerned.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey cool, I was right about the last dimension being Ultimate Symbiote Spidey. It looks like he's going to be a lot of fun to play too. Like a combination of Spidey's normal skills with Ultimate Venom's powers in the Ultimate Spiderman game. Glad to see they brought back the cel-shaded visuals for this dimension too.