Awoo.

PS3's are fixed. It's alive! MUHAHAHA!

Badnik Mechanic

I'm going to have to go home and try this myself... I'm at work atm.

Although i find it hard that the problem just fixed itself...

Edited by Lunar

Ill wait for official word before I try anything. Until then my PS3 stays off.

I don't want to risk anything.

Edited by Shade737

Everything seems functional on my PS3 now. Was able to boot up Valkyria Chronicles and all of my game data seems to be intact. PSN is working as it should be as well. The nightmare is over! If we can even call it one. :)

Edited by Light

Noooo, I wanted my free Slim!!

Don't worry! We can still get our free slim.... where is S0L. He'll get us a free slim... Oh crap this isn't the ASR topic! Quick! Move this post! Merge the topics!

Valkyria Chronicles

lol that was one of the few games you could play...

Ok I'm going to try it... if It doesn't work I'll post the video of someone loosing. If it works I'll post that video of "It's alive!"

*Turns on PS3.*

Ohhhhhhh.... *puts on AVP* It's loading.... It's loading.... Ohhhhh! It's ALIVE IT'S ALIVE!!! OHHHHH!!! IT'S ALIVE! *dramatic music* IN THE NAME OF GOD! NOW I KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE GOD!

Edited by Casanova

lol that was one of the few games you could play...

Lol really? Haha, it just happened to be in there and I didn't bother to see if it actually worked during the error XP

Nice to hear that IT'S ALIVE for more phat owners!!

PS3 is so powerful it fixes it's own firmware errors

Looking at my PS3's settings... you would be correct.

Right now my date is 1/3 (1st march) and the time is 1:07am. My clock is normally an hour fast anyway.... so all whats happened is like I said a few pages back, Sony have done nothing and waited for the global time (for one kind of timezone), to hit March 2nd, PS3 actually thinks it's march 1st, and has corrected itself...

Lets think about this, chances are that somewhere in Sony theres a test lab that has a few PS3's with their dates set forward a few days.... I wonder if they knew that this problem would fix itself.... Mind you they would have lost a lot of money today from PSN sales which went down the toilet. I bet theres a few less sales this week to.

So yes. Time killed the PS3, Sonic All stars Racing punched a hole through time. Then time fixed the PS3.... Or Doctor Who fixed it... whats more likely to you?

the problem "fixing" it self can be due to the fact that some of you kept the ps3 plugged in via AC plug and ethernet/wireless. The ps3 still recieves information when powered down in Stand-by.

The problem was speculated to by with the BIOS clock, not the one the user sees, and that clock is set to GMT time... so all PS3's have that clock set to roughly the same time. presumably the era was some Y2K esque dealing with a leap year shit.

even if you unplugged your PS3 for a week it still would've fixed itself when the clock ticked over.

So there was no firmware/software issue or update? It had to do with the internal clock solely?

What about recently obtained trophy information?

Tried signing on after word got out that everything was fixed. It worked.

Then I booted up Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing and stood there with a stupid grin on my face as I re-earned all the trophies I lost one at a time. Everything's good!

Edited by Top Cat

Tried signing on after word got out that everything was fixed. It worked.

Then I booted up Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing and stood there with a stupid grin on my face as I re-earned all the trophies I lost one at a time. Everything's good!

Huzzah! lol... I wasn't too worried about ASR since it was one of those games you can still play while PSN was down... what about download-able games that reverted back to trial versions of themselve (Like MvC2 and Bomberman Ultra), can the full versions be played now?

I'll just sit here and wait for my Gold and Silver carts to repair themselves, shall I? [/joke]

Cool to hear that this is fixed, but it's somewhat anti-climatic you know.

Good news. I have been itching to get back on ASR for a day or two now. It is actually quite addicting. I wuv my PS3 phat.

Yay! I can go back to losing sleep while playing SaSAR.

I just wish my Xbox wold fix itself, ever since I got it, it seems to have issues with crashing. No RRoD yet though.

Yay!!! Mine is fine, trophies, data etc... are all fine :D Edited the calendar to 2nd March now. Cant believe something as trivial as the consoles calendar could cause all that trouble.

I can't wait to see what happens when the PS3s of the world encounter their first leap year. ;)

I can't wait to see what happens when the PS3s of the world encounter their first leap year. ;)

They already did in 2008 don't know why it screwed up this time.

Either way, I'm back to playing some SASASR right now. I don't care if I have finals to work on this deserves a celebration. PHATPOCOLYPS3 2010 is over.:D

Edited by Dat Kool Bat Guy

Lucky for myself, I got a slim, but I was playing Xbox anyway. But it must've been serious; I heard an announcement on the radio about it.

Some 30 million units of a mass-market product going BOOM worldwide all at once is kind of a big issue.

Edited by Blue Blood

Yeah... but no one is really going to give a shit tomorrow. Unless of course they lost a trophy that was a pain in the ass to get.