Awoo.

Sonic X anime

Morphed Chaos

If you think the 4Kids version of Sonic X is terrible, you won't stand the Italian version of the show. Horrible translation, terrible VAs (except Eggman's), more censored scenes and we don't even have an open ending: the last episode was never transmitted because they couldn't cut Cosmo's death. <_<

EDIT: And the most beautiful songs were changed. For example... Do you remember "Live and Learn", played during the Biohazard's fight? In Italy they replaced it with a custom, shitty music.

same here. *Look below*

if you want to see what a shitty job they did to 77's ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdgSWmuHzi8

SUPER AWESOME FRIENDS FOREVER!! <_<

also the final battle in the SA2 arc:

^^^ That scene right there when shadow uses full power is the reason i stopped watching the American version.

Ending of the SA2 arc:

Japanese = more game like.

But for some odd reason the 4kids VAs improved since their days in Sonic X sonic sounds waaay different. still don't like them though just more tolerable in my case.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sean

• Morphed Chaos

• Erazor

• Blazey Firekitty

I dunno why people hate episode 53+, I mean, sure, 52 was great, but did you expect Chris to just stand idle? And besides, Episode 53+ introduced Tails First love interest that works for him. (Second if you count Fiona the Fox in the SatAM comics, but then she was what... 18?) Not to mention, you actually see the power of the Master Emerald for once, when do you ever see it being used for anything OTHER then disabling the Chaos Emeralds?

And its interesting how they left things open at the end. They might not continue the series, but at least some of what transpired in the anime has gone to games, such as Cosmo in Tails' workshop in Sonic Chronicles.

I can't really judge the show since I've never fully seen it, but at it stands now, I'd say it was a strange, somewhat misguided experiement, but at least one that probably gave us the most emotionally honest take on Sega Sonic Tails that we've yet seen.

I definitely wouldn't say that 4Kids tore the show to shreds like they did One Piece, but I would say that by cutting out much of the emotional content, they made it harder to connect with the characters, and made the show seem more generic and souless than it really was.

I remember when I used to be very addicted to "SONIC DRIVE".

Not so anymore, but it holds a pretty special place in my musical heart nonetheless.

I love Sonic X, it's currently my favourite Sonic cartoon. I've watched all eps of it in English and 68 eps in Japanese. My favourite's the Japanese sub but I like the English version too, I really don't see what's so bad about it other than the awful voices and UK opening. I shall now give my opinion on it! =D

I loved the storyline and the fact Sonic was in our world, I actually liked the human characters and I didn't mind Chris, I actually felt really sorry for him in episode 51 and 52 =[ Alot of episodes were sad and made me cry, especially 51 & 52, I cried my eyes out when I first watched those eps! T_T At the time I never thought Sonic and Chris would be able to see each other again, but I'm glad they did :] It broke my heart seeing Sonic cry. I LOVED season 1 and 2, but I disliked season 3.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Chris were the only characters I liked in it. I skipped the parts Amy, Cream, Cheese, Rouge, Eggman, Tikal, Big, Chaotix, Cosmo etc. were in, I found those characters sooo boring.

I adore the way Sonic looks in this anime, I ALWAYS fall in love with him when I watch it, he's such a cutie in this and I adore his pretty eyes. I didn't like his personality much, he was too laid back, quiet, unsocialable and he seemed to sleep most of the time. The best Sonic parts to me was when he showed his fear of water ^-^ I actually didn't mind Shadow in Sonic X, he was less annoying back then and I was actually upset when I first watched the ep where he 'died' (or at least that's what I thought at the time). Amy was an annoying selfish b***h, I wish she'd of just left poor Sonic alone, Cream's a pathetic creature with a HIGHLY annoying voice; Cheese too, the rest of the characters were majorly boring and I hated how Rouge got alot of show time, she was just too boring.

I absolutely hated the UK Sonic X opening, it's one of the worst songs (that's even if it could be classed as that) I've ever heard in my life. The US opening wasn't QUITE so bad. The Japanese opening, however was AWESOME! I love Sonic Drive, I was addicted to it for weeks when I first watched it. I loved the first Japanese ending with Sonic watching himself on TV, I still watch it even now. I didn't like the 2nd ending as much, but I love the sad part which plays just before the episode ends, it's the main thing which brings tears to my eyes on particular sad eps.

Now onto the voices... I hate alot of the English voices, Sonic's voice just doesn't suit him, but I didn't mind it, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Shadow, Big, Tikal, Bokkun and Cosmo's voice were alright, but I HATE Amy, Cream, Rouge and Chris' voice. All the Japanese voices were great but the one that really stands out is Sonic's, his voice is gorgeous, words can't express how much I love his voice, Jun'ichi Kanemaru is easily my favourite Sonic voice actor, his voice suits Sonic to a tea, he's even better at voicing Sonic in English than his current one!

The main thing I love about the Japanese episodes of Sonic X is Sonic's Engrish, it's one of the most adorable things ever <333 I watch this video on YouTube of Sonic talking English EVERY single day, I've already watched it twice today. My favourite Sonic Engrish lines are no probrem and uv course, I especially like the sexy way he looks and says it in episode 44, I also like the tone of voice he uses to say it in other eps aswell.

I see I got a bit carried away with my opinions on Sonic X, I really like that anime :]

Edited by S o n i c

I'm one of the few fans who absolutely loved Sonic X. So much so that I adamantly refused to believe it wasn't canon to the games' storyline until it became undeniable that I was wrong. I loved it because it actually had some nice characters and writings. And I loved how it fleshed out Station Square and gave it more personality.

I've never seen eps 53-78 in japanese because I could never find subs for them. They were still great in french though.

If anyone could direct toward japanese eps with english subs, I would appreciate it.

As I said, the french eps with english subtitles were great. 4kids should take dubbing lessons from the french.

eps 1-52 were also a real treat, seeing them in japanese with english subtitles.

I adore the way Sonic looks in this anime, I ALWAYS fall in love with him when I watch it, he's such a cutie in this and I adore his pretty eyes.

I gotta admit that when Sonic is on model in Sonic X (Which is an all too rare occurence), he has a wide-eyed cute innocent look about him. Maybe it's because his eyes are more lime green than emerald green though I can't put my finger on precisely why that gives the impression of adorability.

But he'd be more adorable if he wasn't an occasional jerkass.

I just couldn't stand that part in episode 78 where Tails is sobbing his heart out, practically destroyed because he had to kill Cosmo and Sonic just stands there. I know that Tails was blaming him for not saving Cosmo and it's pretty likely Sonic was upset at Cosmo's death especially considering he was the bullet that killed her but just standing there almost as if disappointed by Tails' display and not even making any indication to comfort the poor little fox was a huge moment killer. It would have felt like a crowning moment of heartwarming had Sonic subtly tried to stop Tails striking him and soothe him with a hug or something.

That said, I was pretty fond of Sonic X but now I think it's meh-ish. The animation could get totally atrocious and episodes 40 and 41 had the grandaddy of all idiot plots. If they were aiming to make Sonic a 'misunderstood' and yet deeply clever character who saw what no one else did, they should have least have done it through a sensical and believable plot.

There was also inconsistency with character traits and very little character development in regards to the characters other than Chris. Sonic just felt like a tool to push Chris' characterization along and whilst I always thought that Sonic was the chilled-out kind of guy, it's a bit over the top for him to be lying on rooftops sleeping practically all day every day apart from the fight with the monster of the week.

A bit of negativity aside, it did have some magical moments. Like episode 52, the opening and endings, OFF COURSE songs being included in the tv broadcasted versions and a few morals.

I've never seen eps 53-78 in japanese because I could never find subs for them. They were still great in french though.

If anyone could direct toward japanese eps with english subs, I would appreciate it.

As I said, the french eps with english subtitles were great. 4kids should take dubbing lessons from the french.

eps 1-52 were also a real treat, seeing them in japanese with english subtitles.

If what I heard is right (So don't hold me to it) Series 3 wasn't acctually released in Japan because Series 1 & 2 were that bad (Just quoteing what I heard)

I had to go French too because of that, though they stick close to the original anyway so it doesn't really matter.

They released Season 2 (Or as you say, Season 3) in Japan after some time, there are very few episodes with Subs though.

I found a website that had all the Sonic X episodes in Japanese with subtitles. I used to watch one episode per day, but around the start of the Sonic Adventure 2 story, I lost my internet connection. And by the time I got my internet connection back, they had taken the episodes down, so I could not finish watching them. It would be nice to find another place that hosts them. I don't want to watch 4kids dub.

Despite the Sonic Cartoon Tradition of focusing the spotlight on original characters, I liked Sonic X. It was nice to see a cartoon putting their spin on some of the games. As far as I know, none of the other cartoons covered any of the games, unless you count Sonic Underground's Knuckles intro as a Sonic 3 cover.

Dr. Eggman was easily the most interesting part of the show. In almost every cartoon, Dr. Robotnik gets new underlings. Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun, are great. ( I prefer the SSSSS squad though. But they're better than Sleet, Dingo, and Snivley for sure. )

Possibly the worst thing 4Kids did to Sonic X was change the music.

Dr. Eggman was easily the most interesting part of the show. In almost every cartoon, Dr. Robotnik gets new underlings. Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun, are great. ( I prefer the SSSSS squad though. But they're better than Sleet, Dingo, and Snivley for sure. )

I've long wondered if perhaps Decoe, Bocoe, and Bokkun were included as a direct homage to the SSSSSS. Tall guy and short guy who stick together and follow the doc around a lot, and little eccentric guy with bombs with a bit more of an idependent streak.

I'd be surprised if anybody at Sonic Team had watched a single episode of either AoStH or SatAM to intentionally make homages for either of the two cartoons.

I'd be surprised if anybody at Sonic Team had watched a single episode of either AoStH or SatAM to intentionally make homages for either of the two cartoons.

Hmm, could just be different writers coincidentally coming up with similar archetypes...

Great minds think alike? :lol:

Ok so I too love Sonic X and it is my favourite of all Sonic shows. Like all shows it had some good episodes and some crap ones. However it had all my favourite character, Eggman playing an active role rather than just ordering lackeys around, lots of Sonic fighting action and a plot that was funny at times and emotional in others. Chris is the kid I love to hate as in I just like to insult him for being an annoying wuss. A lot of people say he improved during the Metarex Saga but I disagree as even though he played a less major role someti,es they just went out of their way to make Chris a hero despite other characters being around and available who would be better suited but then this was in the other series as well. Anything in which Amy or the Chaotix play are major role are usually my favourite episodes cos they're just so funny. Especially what they did to poor Knuckles during the Metarex Saga.

But I'm a little confused about the whole series/season thing. See I thought the first season went up until the second Chaos Control and Angel Island appearing on Earth. Then the second season features the game adaptions. Then season 3 is the Metarex Saga. Series 1 is all the episodes on Earth, Season 1 and 2 while Series 2 is season 3 the Metarex Saga. It makes sense with a season being a season on Tc (26 episodes each) with the new series deviating from the original series. But I've seen Series 2 called Season 2 and Series 3 and now I'm confused.

The 4kids dub was awesome because it had egg-puns. Also, Eggman used the term "Dumbots". That makes it right there.

In all seriousness though, the show was pretty terrible. The animation was awful-characters weren't even drawn well half the time. The original stories usually sucked, often following the same formula each time. There were several game adaptations, in which the writers often took the creative liberty of removing the good parts. They also shoehorned Chris into the game adaptations (and every other scene in the show they possibly could) because they were determined to make the show boring. The second series (the one where they're in space) was especially awful, because they had Chris basically take Tails' role as pilot, with Tails just sitting aboard his ship picking his nose half the time.

Series 1 and 2 are fairly nostalgic for me. I used to watch them on Jetix before I went to bed n_n

Few things bugged me though:

1. Chris- I don't know why he was created. Not so bad in the original dub but 4kids made him public enemy number one, he stole Amy's speech to Shadow and he stole Rouge's "Where is Shadow" line >_<

2. Cosmo and Tails-I thought Cosmo was a big Mary Sue and to be honest the idea of Tails having a girlfriend is a little creepy to me.

3. The Metarex season.

4. 4kids replacing Live and Learn with generic background music.

Other than that I enjoyed the series, I'm even fond of the dub.

Series 1 and 2 are fairly nostalgic for me. I used to watch them on Jetix before I went to bed n_n

Few things bugged me though:

1. Chris- I don't know why he was created. Not so bad in the original dub but 4kids made him public enemy number one, he stole Amy's speech to Shadow and he stole Rouge's "Where is Shadow" line >_<

Yeah, I don't understand why Chris existed, since it seems like anything he did could have been accomplished by Tails or Amy.O_o

That's actually another reason I disliked series 2. It left so many unanswered questions at the end. Episode 52 was such a perfect closure. EVERYTHING was wrapped up. Then they decided to do more and ruin that.

*Verte's long post =P*

I agree here with JezMM and Verte. I used to really like Sonic X, but now I just think it's average, and from the anime I've seen the worst too. =/ The animation is so-so, the filler episodes are silly, characters don't really develop (Season 2 was supposed to be set 6 months after the events, and nothing seemed different!), and yes...Sonic's personality was horrible. Why was he so cruel to Tails? Why was he just standing there?! >_< And Tails getting a girlfriend at the age of 8...ehhh. Not to mention that yes, because of it ending on a cliff hanger they really shouldn't have made a second series in the first place. There's no way in hell that a new third season is coming out of nowhere.

I think I liked the first season more than the second tbh. The second one was WAY too dark and violent sometimes, and because of that it was like I was watching some kind of sci-fi mecha anime most of the time.

The 4Kids dub? Never listen to it much, it's awful. I'll always hate them for ruining episode 38, 52 and 77/78.

Edited by Gabz Girl

They released Season 2 (Or as you say, Season 3) in Japan after some time, there are very few episodes with Subs though.

Wait.....what?!

are you talking about the trigon project? because those are just french encodes with japanese voiceover with horrible subs.

if not, please do go on.

Wait.....what?!

are you talking about the trigon project? because those are just french encodes with japanese voiceover with horrible subs.

if not, please do go on.

I'm not sure myself, but I saw some of the Sonic X episodes being played over in Japan (Meterex ones). I also have Episode 77 and 78 subbed, but the person didn't do too hot with it. (Translator and all.)

I'm not sure myself, but I saw some of the Sonic X episodes being played over in Japan (Meterex ones). I also have Episode 77 and 78 subbed, but the person didn't do too hot with it. (Translator and all.)

The subs were from the HK DVDs which are the only released versions that were unedited as it is still to be released in Japan, they are also the HK subs and if you don't already know HK subs are imfamous for being bad, hence bad translation. Last I checked Japanese wikipedia Sonic X season 2 was still to air in Japan, but that's not the most reliable source and it was sometime last year I checked.

This isn't uncommon though, there are lots of Japanese series that do better in US and UK so US pay for the studio to do a second series, this happened with The Big O.

Edited by ZERO_ninja

any subs that are on youtube are a part of the trigon project a fansub group who appearently didnt have a proofreader or checked any of their work seriously look at the episode 77 comparison vid i posted sometime back youll see. are there any japanese TV episodes released on the net?

any subs that are on youtube are a part of the trigon project a fansub group who appearently didnt have a proofreader or checked any of their work seriously look at the episode 77 comparison vid i posted sometime back youll see. are there any japanese TV episodes released on the net?

Pretty sure I saw episode 52-78 on some site...

http://www.dailymotion.com No subs though.

It's hard to find Sonic X subbed or dubbed anywhere on the net. Most of the videos uploaded are removed, but if you wait a little while someone eventually uploads them again.