Awoo.

Sonic Underground. Your thoughts.

SABRINA

Sonic X is actually my favourite Sonic cartoon, and I'm sure it could have been better if 4Kids handled it better, or it they just... didn't. What's not to like? It was dull at times, but it had Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge and of course Sonic in all their glory. Aside from Rouge's VA and Chris (all of him) it wasn't any worse than the old Sonic cartoons.

Chris did have way too much screen time, but it did get better towards the end of the series and in the 2nd series. Sonic Underground is just embarassing though... It has absolutely zero to do with Sonic, other than the titular character and his nemesis. Seriously, why did they do that to Sonic instead of making another series of the other cartoons?

I did like it, but that's because I was a kid. Kids would even enjoy the Crazy Frog Racer if they got it for Christmas, so yeah.

Edited by SuperLink

IMO, the only redeeming thing about Sonic X was Super Sonic, but half the time he was there, it was in game adaptations anyway!

I hated that show. It was such a shame that the only American cartoon with Knuckles had no Tails.

Speaking of old Sonic cartoons, is there any truth to the statements found here, regarding a SatAM revival?

http://boards2.sega.com/sega_board/viewtop...8e0aa6ba102551e

I kinda doubt it but I haven't been paying much attention lately. But I assume something like this woulda been all over the place...

It was a big deal for a while, but it unfortunately failed in the end. There have been signs it may have been all just a hoax to get "Mysterious Animator X" fifteen minutes of fame.

I kinda liked. I was disappointed that Tails wasn't in the show. I just didn't get into the show as much as I did with Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic X season 1 and 2.

STRANGER than Adventures of Sonic!?

Well, that show was strange in a random kind of way, from what I've seen of it. SU was weird because of the plot, pretty much. I just think it's odd that Sonic fights with a laser-shooting guitar, for one.

I just think it's odd that Sonic fights with a laser-shooting guitar, for one.

What about a .50 Caliber bullet shooting one? LMFAO

LINK

I've never been a huge fan of Sonic Underground, I think I've watched every episode, but I'm not sure. It's my least favourite Sonic cartoon and the only one I never bothered taping when it was on TV a few years back, I even disliked it when I was a kid. There's some good things and alot of bad things about Sonic Underground, which I'll mention in the next few paragraphs.

Things I like

The storyline. I really quite enjoyed what went on, I mean it didn't really feel Sonicky or anything but I didn't exactly find the episodes boring.

Manic. I love Manic, he's awesome, the best thing in Sonic Underground. I love his personality and looks, he'd easily be my 2nd favourite character if he was a regular character in the Sonic series.

Things I dislike

Sonia. I can't stand her, along with Shadow she's one of my least favourite characters. Her voice is TERRIBLE, so's her personality and she's ugly. She's easily the worst thing in Sonic Underground.

Absence of Tails. Tails not being in it is a huge letdown, he's one of the main characters and one of the most popular, the Sonic series is nothing without Tails, and this cartoon's low popularity proves it.

The singing. Ugh, I hated the songs! They were all so cheesy and cringeworthy. In fact the only ones I can think of I like are Society Girl, Part of the Problem, True Blue Friend and I Wish I Could Go Faster. I also hated how stupid they acted while they were singing.

Sonic's voice and appearance. Usually I love everything about Sonic, but I just can't seem to like him as much in this cartoon. His voice is kind of annoying, Jaleel's voice seemed to have changed alot since SatAM, it's not as bad as Sonia's though, she sounded terrible. Manic sounded awesome though.

Since his last cartoon, it seems Sonic's been piling on the pounds from eating way too many chillidogs, and it shows in this cartoon. He's pretty ugly too, his head's too big, his quills look weird and he's just too fat, he's more ugly than cute, unfortunately =[

• Thumbs Up 1

it seems Sonic's been piling on the pounds from eating way too many chillidogs

Where did Sonic's Chillidog obsession come from? In all the American cartoons he seems to stuff his face with them.

Its the one thing that really bugs me...

• 3 months later...

Think I'll Bump this topic. There are a lot of new members on the forum and I'm sure they want to get their opinion out about this

(NOTE: to the mods: I will NEVER do this again. Promise)

While I think it's better than Sonic X (see my own thread on that show elaboration on that point) it's still a pretty awful show with a god awful storyline, annoying side characters (Sonia's voice gives me nightmares :mellow: ) annoying as hell songs etc...

The absence of Tails also annoyed me, as a big fan of the character.

Definatley the worst DiC Sonic show in my mind, no questions asked.

Edited by Leon K Fox

I am a big fan of the show! It's not part of the canon, but at the time when the show was on (bear in mind this was around SA time more-or-less), it didn't bother me. Indeed, it still doesn't. Not all of the episodes excited me, but I did enjoy the balance of comedy with the more sadder moments. Plus, Sleet and Dingo are a pretty funny duo (not as funny as Scratch and Grounder but still...). Dingo's love for Sonia is a rather funny running joke. As for the songs, considering the wide variety of genres they cover, there's bound to be a few stinkers, but more often than not, they were pretty catchy (Learn To Overcome and Someday at the very least).

Come to think of it, the only thing that bugged me was the scrolling from one part of the scenery to anothe - it was too "smooth" and bugged me ever so slightly.

Considering you can get the entire boxset for less then £20, it's worth a watch. The Chaos Emerald 3-part episodes are as good as anything on AoStH or SatAM.

Come to think of it, the only thing that bugged me was the scrolling from one part of the scenery to anothe - it was too "smooth" and bugged me ever so slightly.

Considering you can get the entire boxset for less then £20, it's worth a watch. The Chaos Emerald 3-part episodes are as good as anything on AoStH or SatAM.

That's how I was. I myself liked it BECAUSE it was different.

And I was big into rock at a young age.

That scrolling thing bugged me too. Weird how something like that can bug you.LOL

I beg to differ, I thought AoStH and SatAM were much better shows (AoSTH was funnier and SatAM had a better storyline) but to each their own.

Think I'll Bump this topic. There are a lot of new members on the forum and I'm sure they want to get their opinion out about this

(NOTE: to the mods: I will NEVER do this again. Promise)

Lol, nothing wrong with bumping old threads, there's no law that says you're not allowed to bump.

And don't get me started on Sonia's voice. <_<

I don't get why they got Jaleel to do her voice rather than just getting an actual girl. I couldn't take her seriously because of it, it was grating and unfitting.

The show as a whole wasn't very good IMO. The only Sonic cartoon I can tolerate is Sonic X and sometimes SatAm. I didn't like the storyline, which was kind of dull and it never really went anywhere. Personally I thought fighting with guitars was kind of lame, at least for Sonic.

Every time I have tried to watch this it has failed to grip me because I just find it boring and Knuckles is FAR too happy in the series.

It was...pretty lame. The songs, the story (they never found their mom in the last episode, so what the hey?), those awful songs AND no Tails. But Knuckles was in it. He was so cute!

Overall, not a very good show. I used to like it a few years back, but now not so much. XD

I don't get why everyone hates Knuckles' voice though. I think it fits him! :0 Old school Knux wouldn't sound right with Dan Green's voice, trust me on this one. =P

My thoughts on Sonic Underground? I'd rather eat the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk, and then down it with beer. And maybe top it off with a fag, just to add a modicum of lung poison to the already disgusting equasion.

So yeah, I didn't like it. AT ALL.

It was...pretty lame. The songs, the story (they never found their mom in the last episode, so what the hey?),

I think that's because there were supposed to be 65 episodes, but only 40 were made.

I hated Underground. The music was so awful and fighting with guitars was stupid, but the characters were OK. I only have the Vol. 1 DVD just for my Sonic collection.

And the vote is unanimous! The show stunk! LOL

As much as I hate to say it. I loved the shite out of it. I liked it better than all of them.

I don't like it as much as I used to, but thats just because I watched the dvd's so friggin much

that I wore the show plumb out.

Sonia and Manic are STILL my fav. characters though

I like AOSTH more now. But I'd take SU over Satam or X any day of the week.

I think the reason Underground was a fail was the fact that it was a sonic cartoon

It was SO different than what we as Sonic fans knew as Sonic.

If the show would have NOT been a Sonic Show, if it would have been its OWN show with original

characters and BETTER songwriting, it would have PWNED

Edited by Stuart Twentythree

Hmm, I'm trying to see your point Stuart but taking everything into consideration it was more than just the inlcusion of Sonic characters that caused it to suck for me.

If it wasn't a Sonic show I would still find it kind of lacking. Another huge problem I had with it was the animation. I can't watch a cartoon if I hate the animation, no matter how great the story is and I hated SU animation.