Awoo.

Sonic Team's Open For More Sonic Remasters, Especially Fan Requested Ones

Shiny Gems

Posted (edited)

Sega, if you buy ChaosX's fan made remake of 06 and build off it to include the countless cut content that was planned such as 4P mode, Online Multiplayer, Customization, Crisis City Hub World, Metal Sonic Episode, Buyable Classic Sonic Music, Rainbow Gem, Super Hard Mode, Power-Ups, Sonic & Shadow Co-Op episode, and more, I will gladly buy 100 copies of the game and give them away in a contest to my followers on YouTube. I don't care what crap anyone has to say about 06, it is the most epic Sonic experience that we've ever had in the games. From time-travel, to multiple playable characters, to the apocalypse, to the devil in hedgehog form, to exploring Sonic's romantic side, to an intimidating Eggman, to everyone coming together to bring Sonic back from the dead; This game had such a disservice in it's development with Yuji Naka leaving, Sonic Team being split in half to work on Secret Ring, Sega demanding 9 Sonic games to be released in the span of 2 years, Sonic Team dealing with new hardware, etc. Please Sega, there was clear passion behind this project, sure games like Colors and Forces are fundamentally better in terms of function, but the childish dialogue and 2D focused game design just made recent Sonic games of late just feel boring and soulless. ChaosX's P-06 proves that this game would have been a fun experience, if it had proper development time. 06 was the last game to use the Adventure formula that made me fall in love with this franchise as a teenager, but was unfairly shot down due to its infamously poor development cycle. Even a game like Zelda OoT would have turned out to be a mess if it had the dev time as 06. I'm such a fanboy that I even made a petition last year to encourage  Sega to remake 06 by building off of ChaosX's work. I know it will probably never go anywhere, but I don't care, 06 had some of the coolest ideas to ever stem from the games in this franchise for the past 2 decades! :P

https://www.change.org/p/sega-hire-chaosx-and-his-team-to-remake-sonic-06-or-to-give-adventure-sonic-the-mania-tr

Edited by OtakuHedgehog
  • Way Past Cool 1

I'm not surprised to hear folks say Sonic 06. And I have to say that if they remaster Sonic 06 and that game succeeds, I don't want to hear SHIT about how impossible it is to fix something.

• Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 2

1.  Bring back Unleashed.

2. Let Marza cook w/ their ghost mascots.

3. Profit

• Fist Bump 2

39 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

1.  Bring back Unleashed.

2. Let Marza cook w/ their ghost mascots.

3. Profit

Realest post ever

• Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, Phoenix said:

It's great, but no bosses, no last story, and no storyline. It's not just gameplay that needs fixing, it's also overall story.

Also, ChaosX said on Twitter (X) that he's going to be done with the project once he finishes the boss release. This means he has no intention of touching the Hub Worlds or town missions either. As a fan, there's only so much that ChaosX can work with, if Sega decided to revisit the game though, there's so much cut content locked away at the Sega of Japan HQ that they can bring to light such as the scrapped Super Hard Mode, Metal Sonic Episode, Crisis City Hub World, Sonic & Shadow Co-Op Episode, etc. Also, P-06 is only available to people with a mid to high-end gaming PC.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CrownSlayers Shadow said:

I'm not surprised to hear folks say Sonic 06. And I have to say that if they remaster Sonic 06 and that game succeeds, I don't want to hear SHIT about how impossible it is to fix something.

Damn, imagine if they remade 06 to be much better... It had a LOT of potential.

Edited by Maple Syrup
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now that i'm at a computer to type out more drawn-out responses, lemme keep going with this Sonic Collection idea. For now, let's call it something that means his roots, and also Something that's 90s like.

Sonic: Blasted Beginnings

That name sucks, but let's keep it rolling, right? So like I said, in this theoretical Remaster (Or how I'm about to word it, collection), this would probably have either an Original Art Direction, or take a page out of Mania, and make it Inspired by classic sprites. Then, i'd give the music a revamp too. something like Mania/Gen's remixes? Having Character-Specific Routes makes it all the better, as if you choose to play as a character, there's PLENTY of replayability.

Let's talk about Customization, right? Remember the Islands back in Origins? Let's revamp that into something like Smash's Trophy room, where you can place where you want each setpeice to be on the island! Choosing whenever the little planet is Mettallic or Saved, Chained or free, stuff like that is the little details most fans will love Sega for. Matter of Fact, why don't we do something like this, but for the D.A. Garden. Better: Make the D.A. Garden a Chao Garden. Doesn't make sense for a Classic Sonic Collection, but whatever. Another thing we need is Skins/Colors. Let's bring back Colors Ultimate's Custom Sonic thing here for each Character! Hats, shoes, Accessories, Fur color, all of it! on the skin side, i'd love to see Sonic have his Rabbit and Christmas stuff, but what about a addition to Sonic's Shadow PJ's? let him actually skate, that would be cool!

Gameplay-Wise, I'd do something like Mania, and let you customize your run, and even saving it onto multiple files. one file could be Amy and Tails paired, with 4:3 Screen, lives off, and Enerald Powers on, stuff like that! another can be Sonic and Knux, 16:9, live on, and Sonic having every move he knows, and switch between the two. cool, right? the pair system should be Akin to Advance 3/2's, as I'd love to see a name between Amy and Knuckles, or knuckles and Tails. Some more playable characters would be nice too, as many fan-games have Different characters avalible, such as Metal Sonic, Fang or even Trip and Honey! Making Movesets that fit every game might be hard, but why not, right?

Anything else would be cool, such as earning Coins for achievements, them being useable in shops, like buying these customizations, and other stuff. nothing is nessisarly coming to mind as of now, but let me know what you guys think!

• Way Past Cool 1

You know, call me crazy, but I would love to see Sonic 3D Blast or even Sonic R get a remaster. I loved those games as a kid, especially and mostly Sonic R. Despite its flaws, that was a fun game. Sonic 3D Blast was good, too, especially the Saturn version with its graphics and music.

• Fist Bump 1

I'd love an Unleashed remaster, but I'm one of maybe two people who liked the Werehog. Just make those stages shorter and adjust how the combat music is used I think you'd have a great game on your hands.

• Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, Amalgamous said:

I'd love an Unleashed remaster, but I'm one of maybe two people who liked the Werehog. Just make those stages shorter and adjust how the combat music is used I think you'd have a great game on your hands.

Make it three, because I liked the Werehog, myself. I do agree, though, that shorter stages and adjusted combat music for the Werheog would be better.

I think Adventure 1&2 absolutely deserve to get a remaster or remake.

Although, I think Sonic Team will stick to remastering the boost games, so I think a remaster of Unleashed is inevitable.

5 hours ago, JPearce said:

If they did 4, they would have to build it from the ground up. Also, I thought 4 was deemed not canon.

I don't know if things changed again, I'm not up to date with informations, but I think the last time I've read about it, Sonic 4 was still canon even if the story was not completed, somehow. In fact there's White Park in IDW. What's not canon is that's set right after Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

I also believe that it doesn't need to be rebuilt from the ground, just improved. I don't want them to change the physics too much, just to fix them, but leave the same air mobility as the original game, because that's what made it unique and in some places it can be fun to exploit the broken jump. Many levels from Ep 1 are almost ok, you just have to cap those bottomless pits with a new lower route, and refine the badniks' behavior to be less unfair (Mad Gear), as well as reprogram the gimmicks to be less janky and more fun to interact with.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Fix your recent stuff before overpromising Sega. If the remasters we get are of the same quality as Colors Ultimate or Origins then we're better off without them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

Sonic Heroes. Come on, make one of the best Sonic games even better Sonic Team.

On 6/9/2024 at 4:57 AM, Jango said:

Heeeroooooeeeess

Yeah. Heroes might be the one that needs a remaster more than the rest, seeing as there hasn't been a notable re-release since the game first came out. I think there was a PS3 port, maybe? Either way it's past due. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

They're thankfully fast running out of "easy" games to do so hopefully we'll start getting into more interesting territory.

The last one they could really take the easy way out on is Lost World since that's already a pretty modern game, and has a PC version to build off.

Unleashed is probably the most popular one to remaster, the game just needs a solid frame rate and resolution boost to bring it up to modern standards. Adventures / Heroes are more likely looking at an outright remake to come back, though I'd gladly see a trilogy collection of cleaned-up ports. Shadow & 06 aren't likely ever coming back, Shadow Gens is probably the closest they'll get.

Anything else either has some legal/technical roadblock, or would need to be a port bundled in with other games. In the case of something like Riders, I think they'd sooner just make a new game.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

On 6/9/2024 at 4:17 AM, Iko said:

How can I request an Advance series remaster?

On 6/9/2024 at 7:21 AM, Maple Syrup said:

I second that! 

Third for this. We need an Advance Series remaster for Switch! (hell, put it on other consoles too!)

I also want a Heroes remaster.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

6 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Yeah. Heroes might be the one that needs a remaster more than the rest, seeing as there hasn't been a notable re-release since the game first came out. I think there was a PS3 port, maybe? Either way it's past due. 

Yes, but it was exclusive to the european PSN. And it was a dogshit emulation of the already worst version of all, the PS2 one.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

10 minutes ago, Jango said:

Yes, but it was exclusive to the european PSN. And it was a dogshit emulation of the already worst version of all, the PS2 one.

That is true but if we’re talking raw demand of what games fan want to see remastered/remade I’d say Heroes is right rock bottom in terms of the mainline 3D games. Unleashed, 06, the Adventure games heck, even Shadow might have more of an audience demmand (and make more sense marketing wise to ride the hype of the year of Shadow).

2 hours ago, Soniman said:

That is true but if we’re talking raw demand of what games fan want to see remastered/remade I’d say Heroes is right rock bottom in terms of the mainline 3D games. Unleashed, 06, the Adventure games heck, even Shadow might have more of an audience demmand (and make more sense marketing wise to ride the hype of the year of Shadow).

I actually think the moment is better than ever to remaster/remake Heroes considering Sonic Team is finally over the "only Sonic -or variations of him- can be playable!!!" phase. Imagine if they go as far as adding a whole new team like they intended way back then. Tikal, Chaos and Gamma.

• Fist Bump 1

8 minutes ago, Jango said:

Tikal, Chaos and Gamma.

Tikal? How would that work? Isn’t she dead or in the past? And isn’t Chaos dead too?

41 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Tikal? How would that work? Isn’t she dead or in the past? And isn’t Chaos dead too?

And so is Gamma. Team Dead!

(but I think Chaos is canonically alive, as of Sonic Battle)

1 hour ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

.....so was Shadow at that point :P

From Retro:

The original cast of characters intended for the game are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Rouge, Chaos, E-102 γ, Big, Espio, Charmy, Vector, Fang, Bean, Bark, Metal Sonic, Ray and Mighty.

So yeah, Tikal wasn't planned, but Gamma and Chaos were. In any case, if they could be added, I only expect the extra teams to be playable in Challenge mode, not the story, of course.

9 minutes ago, Jango said:

.....so was Shadow at that point :P

From Retro:

So yeah, Tikal wasn't planned, but Gamma and Chaos were. In any case, if they could be added, I only expect the extra teams to be playable in Challenge mode, not the story, of course.

Rouge was going to be team rose?

I love The Encore duo’s pair, but I would replace Scrooge with Metal.

get it? Green, yellow, red?

Game.com Sonic Jam. Do it you cowards.

• Chuckle 4