Awoo.

Sonic Team's Open For More Sonic Remasters, Especially Fan Requested Ones

Shiny Gems

Slowly but surely, information has been trickling out in regards to Sonic X Shadow Generations from Summer Game Fest. We've gotten some gameplay, and Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka is starting to make appearances at Summer Game Fest Play Days to participate in interviews. Of course, this new remaster has resulted in a lot of fan interest in regards to future Sonic remasters. Iizuka himself addressed the matter, revealing that Sonic Team is open to doing more remasters, especially ones that have a lot of fan demand!

Iizuka's remarks come from an interview with IGN. The interview itself wasn't very long. Only a handful of questions were asked. We learned that Shadow's episode is running in parallel with the story-line of the Sonics, and we also learned that Shadow's episode is a "nice good chunk" but not as long as Sonic Generations itself is. But the biggest question, as previously mentioned, was in regards to future Sonic remasters.

When addressing it, Iizuka acknowledged that the main reason why Sonic Generations got remastered is because it was what fans wanted after the release of Sonic Colors Ultimate. This is the same plan they have going forward. Iizuka said that "depending on what people like out there, if there’s a title people like, we’ll think about it for the next remaster". No games were specifically mentioned, but the IGN audience that was there cheered loudly for Sonic Unleashed. If you want to see the interview  for yourself, check it out right here:

Sonic News Tips Credit:
Shiny Gems
Original Post Content:
Here it is. So, IGN essentially did an interview with the head of Sonic Team here, and there were a number of questions answered by Iizuka himself. That said, the video is less than 15 minutes long, and if you have a question, it might have been answered in this here video.

Any thoughts on this?

View full story

• Way Past Cool 1

How can I request an Advance series remaster?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

If they are taking requests, can I request a Tails Adventure remaster please?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

3 hours ago, Iko said:

How can I request an Advance series remaster?

I second that! 

• Fist Bump 1

UNLEASHED!!! Hope someone from Sega visits Sonic Stadium for ideas :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

11 minutes ago, ShadowForever said:

Funny thing is, I want an Unleashed remaster, too!

43 minutes ago, ShadowForever said:

SEGA, if you're seeing this, I hope you know that we need an Unleashed remaster! And on PC too! 

• Fist Bump 2

Posted (edited)

Easy win...."The SA remastered collection"

Its like origins with SA1 and 2 remastered, but also has Advance 1,2 and 3.

The inevitable "plus" add on 1b2months includes Battle and Heroes.

With Adventure, do a rebuild from the ground up, avoid the DX, do a "Blade Runner" and call it "the final cut" lol

Edited by castell-neath
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

06. Finally do it justice.

I second that. 06 had some great ideas, but they were just executed horribly. Also, remove that infamous scene of Elise kissing Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

4 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

It's great, but no bosses, no last story, and no storyline. It's not just gameplay that needs fixing, it's also overall story.

5 minutes ago, JPearce said:

I second that. 06 had some great ideas, but they were just executed horribly. Also, remove that infamous scene of Elise kissing Sonic.

You know, I would love to see that ring and speed system actually implemented in a Sonic 06 remaster; the one which would have had Sonic’s speed increase the more rings he collected.

• Way Past Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Shiny Gems said:

You know, I would love to see that ring and speed system actually implemented in a Sonic 06 remaster; the one which would have had Sonic’s speed increase the more rings he collected.

That would be great if they did that. But would they even take the risk of doing an 06 remaster? 

I don't think they'll ever do it, but 06 is the one title that was just so close from going to god awful to actually good, imho.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Rush & Sonic Heroes remaster/remakes please SEGA!  I would appreciate those very much!

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, JPearce said:

That would be great if they did that. But would they even take the risk of doing an 06 remaster? 

Beats me, but if they did, and they did it right, I do think it would be something fun to play in a way.

If they're willing to reference Ow the Edge of all things in Sonic Generations + Shadow's Fury, then I don't think even Sonic '06 is completely off the table.

Am I allowed to say Sonic Spinball just because I want the Knothole Freedom Fighters back?

• Promotion 1

SA1!!!

4 hours ago, Phoenix said:

06. Finally do it justice.

Some things are best left forgotten.

10 minutes ago, Knight Terror said:

Some things are best left forgotten.

As if anyone can forget that horror.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

If they do a Sonic Unleashed remaster, Knuckles would be playable without a night form with a combination of daytime and nighttime gameplay.

AND if they did a Sonic 06 remaster, they should give Silver a Venice the Mink skin.

• Way Past Cool 1

This may sound silly and redundant, but what about the classic games? (1, CD, 2, 3, 4 because why not?)

I know, I know: we have games like Origins and Mania, Especially fan projects like 3 AIR, and 1 Forever, but can we get what we wanted from Origins, just a tad more better?

the Story Mode and Regular gameplay can be tooken from Origins, but I’d like to see Game-Specific Achievements, Skins, Different characters, and SO much more.

in the case for Sonic 4, I’d love to see the whole thing in 16-Bit. Not only that, but every Episode together.

• Way Past Cool 2

If they did 4, they would have to build it from the ground up. Also, I thought 4 was deemed not canon.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JPearce said:

If they did 4, they would have to build it from the ground up. Also, I thought 4 was deemed not canon.

I’m pretty sure it is, but if tails is getting some, why not 4?

Edited by Cyb3rkn1ght