Awoo.

Who do you main in Smash Bros?

Cuz

and is there a reason. Do you like the characters? Their playstyles?Β 

I main Donkey Kong purely because of his playstyle. If this was Smash 64 or Melee he'd be kicked to the curb. He's too slow and readable in those versions, but from Smash 4 onwards he's been feeling faster and or agile for his weight class. Also Sonic used to have a hard time killing so it was nice to play a character that had power in spades for a change.Β 

Sonic of course I love the character go figure, I also am among the apparent few that like his playstyle. Though I wish he still had his Spin Shot trick move in Ultimate. He's still pretty rascally so I don't hold it agaisnt him too much. I still remember the hype I felt when Brawls anouncement for him debuted.Β 

I've been clamoring for King K Rool since Brawl came out. I love his personality in the cartoon and his play style in Smash is perfect. I still have the traditional heavy weight issues with him but a couple of projectiles a comand throw and super armor really make him his own.Β 

Sonic has been my main since Brawl, so naturally I've had a lot of time to get accustomed to him. He could use a revamp in his moveset though.

Otherwise, I see that I'm pretty good with Pikachu, Pyra and Mythra and Mario as secondaries.

• Fist Bump 1

Mains? Bet, lets go down the list, but first, a lil context: Personally, I like fighting up close and fast, so closing stocks is my life. Its a mixed bag, but mostly Rush-Downs, and I choose any of the following:

• Mario
  • Dr.Mario
  • Kirby
  • Pikachu (Rarely)
  • Bowser
  • Young Link
  • Meta Knight
  • PitΒ (Rarely)
  • SonicΒ (Rarely)
  • Villiger
  • Mega ManΒ (Rarely)
  • Pac-Man

I don't mind doing random, and I do know many Fighters well due to random! My older cousin does smash competitive, yet my friends and younger cousins do the best move EVER:

✨SPAM✨

Β 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Hm. Weirdly, I have almost no feelings whatsoever about Sonic in Smash. I guess I've always seen the games through a more competitive mindset, so.. eh..? I see him as a tool more than a representation of a franchise I'm into.
I really flip-flop on my mains, half the time I'm just picking random. If you told me to pick a handful of characters I really liked playing, in Ult it'd probably be Bayonetta, Samus, ZSS and Hero/DDD for fun. I was a hard ZSS main in Smash 4 and an Ike player in Brawl.

I love the options of these characters. ZSS is really consistent and easy to pick up, Samus has her mindgames around her projectiles being a threat, and Bayo has.. uh.. a very particular playstyle and asks you to really learn her fundamentals before you can accomplish anything. That's cool! I'm into that. I've never wildly loved the Bayonetta series, though I've played the first game and thought it was pretty harmlessly good.

• Fist Bump 1

I don't have Smash but I play it at other people's houses, and I play Sonic, of course!

In Smash my mains are Sonic, Fox and Cap.Falcon.

The reason is that I normally chose characters that resembles my personality and the way I fight in real life, so normally I always play with agile, rushdown characters that normally uses more the legs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've recently gotten good with Cloud. The dude's OP if you know how to use him. I also play as Ganon, but most of the time I just spam smash attacks. I'm good with Kirby, Toon Link, and Captain Falcon. Sometimes i'll play as Sonic. I'm accepting challengers.Β 

I have three mains, and who I choose really depends on who I'm fighting. Normally I only really play when my cousin comes to visit, and I always choose whichever character I know will make him the angriest. So, usually Sonic. It's mean, but I spam his homing attack relentlessly and it drives my cousin insane. If I'm looking for a bit more substance from a fighter I go with Pyra/Mythra (though I keep Mythra the whole fight because she's faster). My old main, and still a fond choice every now and then is Mewtwo. He's my favorite Pokemon and remains my favorite fighter in Ultimate.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I Main Mario, Sonic (Ofc) Luigi, Sheik, and Sometimes Kirby when I wanna be annoying lmao

• Fist Bump 1

3 minutes ago, SpeedyChilidogs said:

I Main Mario, Sonic (Ofc) Luigi, Sheik, and Sometimes Kirby when I wanna be annoying lmao

ooooh, weegee fan!

• Fist Bump 1

5 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

ooooh, weegee fan!

Haha Yeaa! and I dominateΒ 

1 hour ago, SpeedyChilidogs said:

weegee silly i like weegee

• Chuckle 1

I also have a lot of success with Luigi. Surpising degree of power behind thoses tilts, and smashes.

I don't play Smash Bros. anymore, but back in the Wii U days I played a lot of Smash 4. In fact, I was still playing Smash 4 offline well into Ultimate's existence! Helps that it was easy to install mods on the 3DS version.

I usually played either Bowser of Kirby. Other characters I liked were Corrin, Yoshi, Ike and Zero Suit Samus. I mostly used a full glass cannon build with critical hits and as many attack increases as possible for custom fighter setups as well.

• Nice Smile 1

I started off in Brawl. My mains there were Sonic and Kirby. Now I typically play ultimate, and hop between Meta Knight, Sonic, Weegie, and Mewtwo. Sonic is almost entirely due to character bias. I’m not too fond of his moveset. The others are a mash of β€œlove the character” and β€œlove the moveset.”

Marth. Pretty average in speed, strength, and weight, solid Air Smash attacks allowing excellent spacing against slow fighters, very solid fighter with no clear weaknesses, or strengths. King K. Rool is a close second, with a very flexible Special move pool and a decent counter as well.

Premise (in spoiler because it's long):

Spoiler

I also don't play Smash anymore. In the past I used to play Smash with my friends more or less every week, now some of them moved elsewhere (another region, another country), others have work and family and we don't meet so often anymore, and the ones who remained, changed their interests and don't want to play Smash anymore.

I still like Smash, though I don't play it anymore because it's boring to play offline, and I don't like online Smash with lag and all (plus I don't have Smash Ultimate). I just have nobody to play local multiplayer with anymore, that's it.

Besides... I main Kirby, I always mained Kirby, even in Melee... mostly because I like Kirby, outside of Smash I mean.

Over the years I also attempted to use some secondary options, my most used after Kirby was probably Link, but I also used Captain Falcon, Bowser, Yoshi, Sonic, a little bit of Megaman and Villager, and probably someone else that at the moment I can't remember.

I really wanted to play as Metaknight, Dedede and Wario too, but I don't like their movesets and their interpretation in Smash (that's also a thing with Sonic, but I can tolerate him a bit more).

I wish there were more Kirby characters to choose from, sadly I have to stick with the main character only. I really wish I could play as Adeleine, I really wanted that character in Smash since Brawl, sadly she didn't even get referenced through stickers nor spirits. I have a lot of fun playing as her in Star Allies in the boss rush (solo), Adeleine vs Morpho Knight is a very fun and unexpectedly balanced fight.

8 minutes ago, Iko said:

I wish there were more Kirby characters to choose from, sadly I have to stick with the main character only. I really wish I could play as Adeleine, I really wanted that character in Smash since Brawl, sadly she didn't even get referenced through stickers nor spirits. I have a lot of fun playing as her in Star Allies in the boss rush (solo), Adeleine vs Morpho Knight is a very fun and unexpectedly balanced fight.

Bandana Dee For smash say He-eey!Β (We sound a lot alike in choosing characters)

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Bandana Dee For smash say He-eey!Β (We sound a lot alike in choosing characters)

The issue with that is that Bandana Dee is like the only character from the Kirby series that I don't like... I mean Star Allies let me play as all those characters with unique skills and personalities/identities, I would be really disappointed if after all these years (decades) the only additional entry in the Kirby roster is the most basic of all of them. I'd prefer someone more unique and who represents other sides of the Kirby series that are currently unrepresented... besides Dream Friends, even someone such as Dark Matter (with a sword) or Chef Kawasaki would be nice. It would be a different thing if Bandana Dee is added along with other Kirby characters, but if he's the only addition it wouldn't be much different than the current situation for me.

Besides, yeah I also like characters who fight in close range, I don't really like spamming much unless it requires strategy (such as Villager's tree or the bowling ball). Like, the one of my friends who I played with more often mained Samus, and we did countless Kirby vs Samus fights, imagine the spam.

EDIT: the only spam heavy character I consistently used for a while was Link/Young Link, and that was mostly due to the shield that blocked Samus' shots.

Edited by Iko
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Iko said:

The issue with that is that Bandana Dee is like the only character from the Kirby series that I don't like

D: BASIC???

i feel theatened, but technically, you are right, but he's cute tho.

3 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

you are right, but he's cute tho.

Real I love him too

Β 

Does anyone play as Bowers cuz like Bowser players are like crazy good man, Same thing with Donkey Kong, My Brother destroys me mann.Β Β 

33 minutes ago, SpeedyChilidogs said:

Does anyone play as Bowers cuz like Bowser players are like crazy good man

Yo im absolutely PHSYCO as bowser

On 4/30/2024 at 12:27 PM, Cuz said:

@ChaosCTRLHow's Meta Knight play since Brawl? :B

He’s been nerfed big time, but this was absolutely necessary lol. He still plays alright and I can work with his moveset pretty well

• Thumbs Up 1