Awoo.

What Sonic show would you like to see?

Xandur

I don't think a topic like this has been written already, but I apologize in advance if I end up being wrong.Β 

With the recent less-than-ideal discourse surrounding Knuckles and Sonic Prime, it got me thinking about ideas for future Sonic shows. Since a lot of you seem pretty peeved at how Knuckles turned out (so am I, admittedly), what show idea would you guys pitch if you were handed over the reins for a day?

It can be anything. A brand new show, a continuation of an old show, a total reboot of an existing show, whatever. Anything goes. There are no rules.

Personally, I would love to see a What If-style show set in the universe of Sonic. With how many significant plot points have permeated the games, it makes you wonder how altered the game continuity would be, had events gone differently. This opens a lot of windows for a show similar to Marvel's "What If", where each episode explores a separate alternative universe where some key climactic scene or decision went differently. There's a bunch of stuff they could do, like "What if the Resistance lost the War?", "What if Shadow never regained his memories?", "What if Maria Robotnik survived?", etc. That's just a few that I can name off the top of my head - there's so much more besides those three that could be explored. It'd be amazing.

Tell me your thoughts!

Chaotix. The What if sounds cool too! Like, What If Knuckles was on Robotnik's side? What if Robotnik actually died?

• Thumbs Up 1

*Epic Gutair Riff*

TRIPLETS BORN

THE THRONE AWAITS

SEERS WARNS OF A DEADLY FATE

CEASE YOUR CHILDREN, SEPERATE

BID YOUR TIME

LIE AND WAIT!

Sonic underground reboot. we deserve this man.

• Fist Bump 4

12 minutes ago, Maple Syrup said:

Chaotix.

Oh man, I didn't even think about that. Good idea - they need some more love for sure.

• Fist Bump 1

It's been awhile since this topic was brought up, and I relish the chance to talk Sonic cartoons.

An Sonic OVA continuation, with characters from around the franchise mixed in. Instead of inventing a new character to act as audience surrogateΒ I'd use Cream to introduce the world of the OVA. Robotink's using people to power his robots. A lot of treasure hunting, power rings, power stones, chaos emeralds. There's Sonic, Tails, Cream, Vector, Espio, Charmy, Amy, Tekno, Knuckles, Rouge, Robotnik, Sara.Β 

Cream's separated from Vanilla and the season arc is the gang helping Cream locate her mother.Β Missing persons are a bit of common occurrence as Robotnik is doing the living batteries thing from the classic games. The Chaotix position as a detective agency actually fits stupid wellΒ in this scenario, and I love the Chaotix so of course I've gotta incorporate them.Β Β Again all of this is in the backdrop of the OVA setting, plenty of travel by plane, and venturing in and out of the land of darkness.Β 

Rouge works with Robotnik for awhile secretly working for the president to find the missing people. She also gets side tracked racing against Knuckles for treasures. For now I'd focus on playing up her villainy, and skill atΒ subterfugeΒ for, and establish her as a rival treasure hunter to Knuckles. I'd probably have her use Tekno's history from StC as aΒ former weapon engineer for Robotnik as blackmail

Team Rose: Amy exists, and together with Tekno have been making a name for themselves as treasure hunters. Her crush is intact,Β but she's at the "doing things to impress Sonic"Β stage, and so might come off as downplayed. Treasure Hunting would be a major theme of the series, (so much so I'd probably title the series "Treasures", or ""Treasure R" or something along those lines),Β and when not focused on the central arc of the season I'd give way to misadventures searching ruins and caves for chaos emeralds,Β power rings, and the like. Once the season arcΒ with Cream is established I'd introduceΒ Amy with aΒ lead on a treasure and asking Sonic for an assist, and yes my ideal team rose roster would be Amy, Tekno, and Cream, but with how I'm using Cream there's a bit of legwork to do there. If Amy were to encounter Sara they'd be chatty friends and maybe occasionally buck heads a bit over Sonic.

It's not to well thought out.

Edited by Cuz
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Cuz said:

No, no, let it cook.

1 hour ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Actually, the more i think on this, the more i want to expand on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

A Tails-centric show.

I don't care what the premise is, as long as it's fully animated and doesn't shove the title character to the side in favour of forgettable human characters that no one cares about!

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Cuz said:

It's super well thought out!Β I'm definitely on board with that idea. I always found the world that the OVA established to be pretty interesting, and it's strange how it was literally never expanded upon after that (except for a brief appearance in Archie). The Land of the Sky and Land of Darkness are neat concepts.
Β 

3 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

A Tails-centric show.

I don't care what the premise is, as long as it's fully animated and doesn't shove the title character to the side in favour of forgettable human characters that no one cares about!

I absolutely agree. Tails needs some time in the spotlight for sure. He was already robbed by Chris in Sonic X...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Something akin to Archie Sonic.

As in, a Sonic Universe where Eggman already won. I suppose that's Satam, where Archie pulls most of its initial ideas from. But I would like it to be a similar style to either late pre-reboot Archie or post-reboot. Where it uses modern elements and heavy game inspiration but there's still high stakes involved. Action based, lots of fighting, but for every Sonic victory, Eggman pulls out something to smack the Freedom Resistance around and sets them back some.

It was a nice dynamic. I miss it.

• Promotion 2

An anime adaptation of the IDW comics would be the dream. Failing that, a standard 2D animated show about Sonic going on adventures with his friends and fighting bad guys is all I need.

• Fist Bump 2

I'd personally like to see them have another go at doing a Sonic anime, but with better animation, pacing and storytelling thanΒ Sonic X. Don't get me wrong, whilst it does have it appeals,Β XΒ also has it's issues, which I think can be rectified in a new anime.Β 

I wouldn't mind TMS producing it, but I think they should cooperate with another studio to help out with the animation, either Production I.G., Madhouse, Pierrot (who worked on the OVA), or Bones. If you're wondering why I haven't put down MAPPA, simply put, those guys have enough on their plate as it is! Honestly, with the right studio involved, the fight scenes could be animated gorgeously and could be on par with the Knuckles short that was made forΒ Frontiers.

As for story content, I think it should be its own thing, which includes characters from both the game series and the IDW comics, but not adapt any stories from either. Instead, it contains new original stories that feature these characters and maybe create new ones that are introduced as the series goes on. I'd also think it would be a good opportunity to explore new settings that will help expand the worldbuilding and create diverse range of stories that they could tell. These can range from big, sprawling, larger than life adventures, to more grounded and character driven arcs.Β 

If there is one thing thatΒ Sonic XΒ did that I wouldn't mind seeing in a new anime, is the inclusion of human characters, as long as their written well and don't overshadow the game characters we know and love! In fact, I think it would be interesting if G.U.N. were included as well and they could be involved in story arcs, particularly ones that include Team Dark.Β 

And the last thing I'd want a new Sonic anime to do, is to not be afraid to go into "darker" territory. Whilst other Sonic anime/cartoons have explored this sort of thing (namelyΒ SATAMΒ and the 'Metarex Saga' fromΒ X), it is something that most tv adaptations tend to mostly avoid. But I think it could give writers more storytelling potential to explore darker themes and narratives, which could give the show a bit of an "edge" that other Sonic media doesn't. I'm not saying go super violent and make depressing storylines, alaΒ Jujutsu KaisenΒ orΒ Chainsaw Man, but have a nice mix of both lighthearted and dark, similar toΒ One PieceΒ orΒ Hunter x Hunter.Β 

But if there were to be a Sonic anime had a bit of an "edge" and it were to be licensed and dubbed into English, it should have both a "cut" and "uncut" versions. This would be similar to how whenΒ Dragon Ball Z KaiΒ aired on Nicktoons, they used to censored version that removed most of/all the blood and swearing, whilst the home media releases were left unedited that contained what was omitted. My scenario for my Sonic anime idea broadcast would be that they air the censored version on somewhere like Cartoon Network in the afternoons, before later on airing the "uncut" version on Adult Swim and also releasing this version on home media and on streaming services. The dub should also include the current game cast, even though I am aware that not everyone is a fan of the "Studiopolis cast", but it honestly just makes more sense to use them for a new Sonic anime.Β 

But yeah, this is just my idea and it may not even work. I'd still like to see them try and take another shot at doing another anime, but that just depends on if SEGA/Sonic Team would be interested.Β 

• Fist Bump 1

A series going over game sonics origins/past. Because if look at him, you realize that we basically know nothing about him.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/26/2024 at 3:27 PM, Maple Syrup said:

Chaotix.

Yes yes yes. I would love to see a Chaotix centered show about their lives as detectives. A buddycop adventure with some sitcom elements would be the perfect vibe for the Chaotix crew

On 4/26/2024 at 3:33 PM, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

*Epic Gutair Riff*

TRIPLETS BORN

THE THRONE AWAITS

SEERS WARNS OF A DEADLY FATE

CEASE YOUR CHILDREN, SEPERATE

BID YOUR TIME

LIE AND WAIT!

Absolutely. They promised us their mother will be found, and they have yet to find her

19 minutes ago, ChaosCTRL said:

Absolutely. They promised us their mother will be found, and they have yet to find her

Actually, now that I think about it: I haven’t finished underground.

huh.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Actually, now that I think about it: I haven’t finished underground.

huh.

Me neither. I haven’t watched it since they started randomly playing reruns on Disney XD of all places lol

Aaa Wasn't it unfinished?

22 hours ago, Spagonia Bowl said:

'd personally like to see them have another go at doing a Sonic anime, but with better animation, pacing and storytelling thanΒ Sonic X. Don't get me wrong, whilst it does have it appeals,Β XΒ also has it's issues, which I think can be rectified in a new anime.Β 

BRO I agree I was honestly just about to say that! I want a Modern Sonic Anime! Sonic X was truly wonderful but I watched it as a kid and it gives me a ton of nostalgia watching it now I can't help but say it really is a "Kids Show" for me, Tho it did have its super cool parts. Maybe just maybe if we were to have a New Sonic Anime we could get characters like SIlver, Blaze, and CHARMYY?!?! Like bro, they have so many other characters, but they like to forget them.. I guess Idk but the show's premise has what they were going for in forces, I really know they could've done the story way better, Maybe a story based on Sonic Adventure or 06!Β Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, SpeedyChilidogs said:

CHARMYY?!?!

Charmy did appear inΒ X, along with the rest of the Chaotix.

13 hours ago, SpeedyChilidogs said:

Maybe a story based on Sonic Adventure or 06!Β Β 

Adventure 1 and 2 were already adapted inΒ XΒ and I think it would be better if they just avoid adapting any of the games and instead, just make new stories.Β 

5 hours ago, Spagonia Bowl said:

Adventure 1 and 2 were already adapted inΒ XΒ and I think it would be better if they just avoid adapting any of the games and instead, just make new stories.Β 

Hmmm Fair fair I do love when they do it thoΒ