Awoo.

Thoughts on Knuckles Chaotix?

KingKnucklesFan134

So I booted up Knuckles Chaotix again recently, I've been having a good time with it, and to celebrate out beloved red Echidna, how about we have a discussion about our thoughts and opinions about his (currently) only game to his name.

I played Knuckles Chaotix once a couple of years ago and had a fun time with it, I never actually completed the thing, but being about halfway through the campaign, I'd say I've got a good feel to how it plays, controls, and looks.

Graphics wise, it's a sight to behold being on the Sega 32x add-on for the Sega Genesis, having a wide variety of colors to play around with each zone. Lots of bright greens and magentas are accompanied by various shades of blue and green, giving it a very Sonic CC style to its design.

Level design is pretty solid, nothing jumping out to me personally, besides the vertical design in lieu of Sonic CD, making use of the Buddi system pretty well to warrant its placement within the game. Speaking of which, the Buddi system is alright, it really just feels bare bones through out the campaign, normally, it isn't that big of a deal, but it can sometimes be quite irritating, specifically during slopes going up and down. It's unintrusive at best, and annoying at worst.

That's my two cents.

Feels like they stretched maybe half a game to fit a full length adventure and it just doesn't really work out. Any appeal it has disappears well before the credits roll, despite some cool ideas and broadly fantastic presentation. I don't really care for the ring tether system or partner system (nevermind how bad the AI is) although I do think the level roulette and the more uniquely attributed playable characters  are interesting - if mostly for how different it is from the usual Sonic platformers. In practice, the game leaves a lot to be desired even if there are plenty of isolated elements I enjoy. Bring back Heavy and Bomb, though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

It is a good game to me...at most. At the least, it is an okay game. It has its flaws, sure, but I did enjoy what I played of it. In fact, I did enjoy the game when I beat it. It was, and still is one of the game I would like to see remade, or put in a a collection of Sonic the Hedgehog games in one game in the future.

I will say it was stretched, as ZinogreVolt said, and the game did seem rushed, for a lack of a better word.

• Nice Smile 1