Awoo.

RUMOR: Sonic x Transformers Figures Leaked Via Chinese Retailer?

Failinhearts

Sonic and robots... they don't often get along. You'll often find the blue blur smashing into robots far more often than you see him allying with them. But this time, if this leak is to be believed... he might actually BECOME a robot this time. Better yet, he could very well be a Transformer!

image(78).png.789200f46fef1d6cd313a888819f1845.png

According to a leaked Chinese stocking document from Hasbro pertaining to the Transformers Generations toyline, the premiere subline for Transformers figures designed for older children and adult collectors, item ID G07135L00 alludes to a "Collab" figure named "Sonic", with both a red and blue variant.

The translation of these listings come from TFW2005 user kubi. TFW2005 is for Transformers fans as the Sonic Stadium is for us, which can add further validity to these claims. 

Sonic isn't the only character apparently found in a Transformers listing, either. A while back, a similar leak from a retail database listed another "Collab" figure under the codename "Tails". Coincidence? Maybe. But at the same time, it's pretty interesting how in the same year, crossover toy listings are coming out with the codename of Sonic and Tails.

While this could very well be the most ambitious crossover, pitting Sonic in the iconic, plastic battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons, this isn't the first time the two brands crossed paths.

In 2014, the mighty Megatron, evil leader of the Decepticons assumed the form of a Mega Drive in order to do battle with his bitter rival: PlayStation Optimus Prime. This crossover figure even came with a miniature Japanese copy of Sonic 1! A year later, a Genesis variant released with the North American Sonic 1 cartridge, as well as a golden lottery variant. No Sonic included in that one, though.

Additionally, considering the Sonic and Transformers movies are helmed under Paramount, the Bumblebee social media account is no stranger to cross promotion. The Autobot scout can sometimes be seen making small little nods to his fellow movie star. Sonic himself even decided to watch Bumblebee in record time!

Most recently in their latest film, 2023's Transformers: Rise of the Beasts has main human lead Noah Diaz and his little brother Kris refer to each other by the cheeky codenames "Sonic" and "Tails". Their Autobot friend Mirage even gets the third codename of "Knuckles".

All of these little nods just point to the fact that slowly but surely, the worlds of Transformers and Sonic are beginning to collide. This just adds to the possibility of this toy leak being very much real, and we'll be seeing Sonic Transformers hitting store shelves very soon.

Do you think this leak is real? Or is this a bunch of Beryllium baloney? Or maybe this is just an excuse for me to flex my extensive Transformers knowledge?

I'll never tell.

Sonic News Tips Credit:
JosepHenry
Original Post Content:

View full story

WHAT THE ACTUAL SHITTT I NEED ITTTTT

• Fist Bump 2

Transformers Collaboration figures are usually iconic vehicles from the IPs they're collaborating with (e.g. Turtle Van, DeLorean, Blackbird) turned into Transformers. Maybe they'll be the Tornado or even the Donpa Motors cars.

• Fist Bump 1

WHAT?!?! SONIC AND TRANSFORMERS COLLAB?! That is interesting to know.

• Fist Bump 1

Man, first Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles get mentioned in Rise of the Beasts, now they are getting collab figures too!?!?! Blur should have a Sonic paintjob and he could turn into the  Speed Star!

Nice. I kinda have wanted to see something like this in the past. This will be more than meets the eye...

...Yeah, I see the door to my left.

• Chuckle 2

Interested to see where this goes. Not sure if the two are a good match though.

At least it's actual Transformers and not Transmutation Formers!

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, seeing this reminds me of this ongoing fan series on YouTube called Sonic and the Autobots, which I saw an episode of. It was funny seeing this a while after I saw that episode.