Awoo.

Scott the Woz and Sam Procrastinates go on a journey to find the Ultimate Sonic Game!

Ryannumber1gamer

Hey all, new Scott talking about Sonic games with a special guest star video here!

Released a few days ago on Scott the Woz's secondary channel - Scott's Stash, both Scott and Sam Procrastinates sat down and discussed almost every Sonic game in the series, mainline and spinoff, in order to find the game that the two of them deem the peak of the series, the ultimate example of a Sonic game!

Both of these guys have a pretty solid history with the Sonic series, Scott having grown up with quite a few Sonic games as you can see in his Childhood Game Collection video from last year, from Sonic 1 and 2, to Mega Collection, and more. Scott's also done quite a few reviews of Sonic games, from the Genesis trilogy, to CD, and the spinoffs, which you can see here. 

Still, it's fun seeing Scott get to talk more about the rest of the series, mainline or otherwise, considering we only really got brief glimpses in the childhood games video, and otherwise, just the Genesis titles. 

Sam on the other hand, if you've been keeping your eye on the site news today, you would have noticed that he's launched a full blown charity event based around raising money by streaming Sonic games. There's also the absolute bucket-load of Sonic merch and games you can see in his background, so to say he knows a thing or two about the series is a understatement. 

The video's a pretty lengthy watch as you would expect from them discussing so many games, nearly hitting the three hour mark, and it's of course not nearly as scripted as your regular Scott video, but still, it's pretty fun seeing both of them just talk about a series that means so much to them, especially when it comes to games like Sonic 2, or Mania, or Adventure.

Have you seen the video? Do you agree with their rankings? (Personally, I probably would've had Gens win out over Sonic 2). What do you think about it? It's not often that we get such a massive YouTuber talking about Sonic in such a longform fashion, so it seemed only right to give this a discussion topic. 

Great video and I love the format they use. Need to watch all parts in depth...i did a skim and scan viewing of 5 min here and there for 30 min. I 100% agree with the the 3&k v mania debate.

Im really torn on the Sonic 2 v Gens one. If Gens was a bit longer....I think it would be easier! Lol

I thought the ultimate sonic game was Sonic 2 on sega genesis

• Fist Bump 1
  • Confused 1

I was really into this at first, though... ^^; once I saw that Sonic 2 beat Generations, I glanced at the preview for the next two hours and realized it was just going to be Mania/S3&K/S2. Clocked out there. Not that I would immediately disagree, but it didn't seem like it was going to be a very interesting discussion

I wish them luck....:ohyou1:

Oh hey, it’s the guy who owns Sonic Jam.

Edited by Bortificatin
  • Chuckle 2

2 hours ago, Bortificatin said:

Oh hey, it’s the guy who owns Sonic Jam.

uhm actually in the scott the woz canon, he no longer is known as the man who owns sonic jam because his entire game collection was repossessed. 

4 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

uhm actually in the scott the woz canon, he no longer is known as the man who owns sonic jam because his entire game collection was repossessed. 

He owns Sonic 2 With a Line.