Awoo.

What Was Your First Exposure To/First Experience With Video Games?

The DOMinator

8 hours ago, SpeedyChilidogs said:

They should make another game of 3d Frogger I loved it. 

Well, aside from the 2nd one in the photo, there seems to be plenty of them, although, I have little knowledge of them, so that may not be exactly accurate. All I know is, amongst all of them, this one is most certainly not Frogger:

062101_Frogger_11-236288.jpg.acda42c0a9fd13bf6e9f39577bf49ce4.jpgfrogger-tgq-2.png.6463873766aef2981bb9d529feb73a1e.png303573-frogger-the-great-quest-windows-screenshot-a-mad-cow.webp.70360d63fd8d467dcae955f0681facc2.webp

"Frogger: The Great Quest" they call it. Frogger it is most certainly not.

BRO IM RESPONDING AND IM IN MY ENGLISH CLASS-. . . LIKE RN

image.png.91a3f12ad51d6e4243067dcc8678a332.png

I never played the DS Version but I'd assume they are the same but on another console..? Unless it's like Sonic Genreation's DS version.

Yeah, it's like Sonic Generations' 3DS version, with it being a completely different game done all in 2D. However, it's built on the same engine as the Sonic Rush games and made by the same developers (Dimps), and reuses some models and gameplay aspects. Essentially, it's Sonic Rush 3. Even Sonic's friends show up in bonus missions scattered throughout the game!

39 minutes ago, Maple Syrup said:

I only started playing Roblox this year!

I only just got back into Roblox as of last year (after a long absence), with me getting an Xbox One (and now the game's port to PS4) and it being available on it/them, as well as Sonic Speed Simulator being the main thing that's pulling me back in. I remember enjoying my time on it though, with all of the cool games and experiences available, and always wanting to create one of my own. Unfortunately, my device(s) did not support Roblox Studio. Anyways, have fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

BRO IM RESPONDING AND IM IN MY ENGLISH CLASS-. . . LIKE RN

I'm just gonna rage at English Class now, but SOMEHOW MY ENGLISH TEACHER MANAGED TO MAKE A TEST HARDER THAN THE STATE TESTS!!!! AND THIS GUY CHEATED AND SHE MADE US TAKE ANOTHER ONE, HARDER THAN BEFORE!!!

• My Emmerdoods 1

25 minutes ago, The DOMinator said:

Well, aside from the 2nd one in the photo, there seems to be plenty of them, although, I have little knowledge of them, so that may not be exactly accurate. All I know is, amongst all of them, this one is most certainly not Frogger:

Oh, That is NOT Frogger... 😭

27 minutes ago, The DOMinator said:

eah, it's like Sonic Generations' 3DS version, with it being a completely different game done all in 2D. However, it's built on the same engine as the Sonic Rush games and made by the same developers (Dimps), and reuses some models and gameplay aspects. Essentially, it's Sonic Rush 3. Even Sonic's friends show up in bonus missions scattered throughout the game!

OH! Totally didn't know that lol, Glad I know now, I had my assumptions idk why Sega do that tho. 

7 minutes ago, Maple Syrup said:

I'm just gonna rage at English Class now, but SOMEHOW MY ENGLISH TEACHER MANAGED TO MAKE A TEST HARDER THAN THE STATE TESTS!!!! AND THIS GUY CHEATED AND SHE MADE US TAKE ANOTHER ONE, HARDER THAN BEFORE!!!

Ohhh, nah I couldn't have your class mann I'd be SOOOO Mad! XD

• Chuckle 1

24 minutes ago, Maple Syrup said:

I can sort of get behind an incredibly hard test (although, a hard test is still a hard test, and a hard test always sucks), but for someone to cheat, and in response, make everyone take another, and even harder at that? :gasp:!!!:ded:You have my sympathy. :absolutely:

• Fist Bump 1

I imagine I had some encounters early then this, but I think the first time I remember was one Christmas. One of my cousins had gotten an NES and had brought it with him to our Grandma's. He only had Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros. 3. I was pretty bad at the Mario games but decent Duck Hunt. Nonetheless, I was pretty obsessed by Mario and video games in general... much to my parents' chagrin. 

I know I talked about it more on my Mario Day stream.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/20/2024 at 8:30 PM, captobvious42 said:

One of my cousins had gotten an NES and had brought it with him to our Grandma's. He only had Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros. 3.

Still, a pretty good line up all things considered. Bit of a shame games like Dunk Hunt can't be played on modern TVs.

On 4/20/2024 at 8:30 PM, captobvious42 said:

Nonetheless, I was pretty obsessed by Mario and video games in general... much to my parents' chagrin.

Funnily enough, despite having had access to more Sonic games, I somehow ended up with more Mario merchandise when I was younger, and it stayed that way (as in an uneven ratio) for a while. Of course, I like both franchises about equally. And oh boy, those kind of parents.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/22/2024 at 6:33 AM, The DOMinator said:

Still, a pretty good line up all things considered. Bit of a shame games like Dunk Hunt can't be played on modern TVs.

Funnily enough, despite having had access to more Sonic games, I somehow ended up with more Mario merchandise when I was younger, and it stayed that way (as in an uneven ratio) for a while. Of course, I like both franchises about equally. And oh boy, those kind of parents.

First point: The did port Duck Hunt to the Wii U. I did get it but never got around to playing it. Not sure if it was emulation or a remake.

Second point: This was years before Sonic was even a thing; I'm that zarking old. I did get into Sonic when another cousin got a Genesis... though for whatever reason, we didn't get along. Things have mellowed out substantially since then, but he doesn't remember the reason for the beef between us.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, captobvious42 said:

First point: The did port Duck Hunt to the Wii U. I did get it but never got around to playing it. Not sure if it was emulation or a remake.

I'm mainly referring to the original version of the game here, and really light gun based games as a whole. In fact, I recall there being a port of Duck Hunt to the original Wii as well, which used the Wii remote and sensor to simulate the gameplay.

1 hour ago, captobvious42 said:

Second point: This was years before Sonic was even a thing; I'm that zarking old.

Well, I didn't know how old you were, but regardless, I was just recalling a memory of my own that yours made me think of.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note; I've been at least around these games since I was a literal baby, so I literally do not remember a day without gaming at least being part of my life. But the first game I remember ever playing in my life, if not the first I actually did play, was Super Mario World. A game that still holds a place in my heart even today. We had the SNES as a family, but while my siblings were old enough to have seen the console war firsthand, I wasn't; to me, the SNES and Game Boy might as well have been the only systems in existence until the Nintendo 64. That little bit I do remember.

Edited by Agie
  • Nice Smile 1

On 4/23/2024 at 10:19 PM, Agie said:

Note; I've been at least around these games since I was a literal baby, so I literally do not remember a day without gaming at least being part of my life.

Same here! I can't remember and pinpoint any specific time I started or was first exposed. My earliest memories I can conjure up are of me fiddling around games across several consoles, like the Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64. At even at that point, whatever age I was at, I already sort of had a grasp at what I was doing.

On 4/23/2024 at 10:19 PM, Agie said:

But the first game I remember ever playing in my life, if not the first I actually did play, was Super Mario World. A game that still holds a place in my heart even today. We had the SNES as a family, but while my siblings were old enough to have seen the console war firsthand, I wasn't; to me, the SNES and Game Boy might as well have been the only systems in existence until the Nintendo 64.

A pretty good game to start with, all things considered. Simple enough to understand, and getting more challenging as you go on, but never complete overkill. Likewise in regards to what consoles your family owned. Some of the best video games in history (of course varying in opinion from person to person) were released on those systems, including some that, unfortunately, are inaccessible (that is without said consoles) in the modern day on current platforms due to lack of rereleases.

19 hours ago, The DOMinator said:

Same here! I can't remember and pinpoint any specific time I started or was first exposed. My earliest memories I can conjure up are of me fiddling around games across several consoles, like the Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64. At even at that point, whatever age I was at, I already sort of had a grasp at what I was doing.

A pretty good game to start with, all things considered. Simple enough to understand, and getting more challenging as you go on, but never complete overkill. Likewise in regards to what consoles your family owned. Some of the best video games in history (of course varying in opinion from person to person) were released on those systems, including some that, unfortunately, are inaccessible (that is without said consoles) in the modern day on current platforms due to lack of rereleases.

Funny you mentioned Super Mario World, for I started with Sonic, so I have been a Sonic fan, but I fell in love with Mario soon after with Super Mario World.

• Nice Smile 1