Awoo.

Golden Axe animated series set to air on Comedy Central

Shiny Gems

Why Golden Axe? Why Comedy Central?

I'm not the biggest Golden Axe fan, but I'm sure it deserves better than a light-hearted show on a comedy-focused channel!

Unless I'm missing something here?

Edited by MGA_Gamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Why Golden Axe? Why Comedy Central?

I'm not the biggest Golden Axe fan, but I'm sure it deserves better than a light-hearted show on a comedy-focused channel!

Unless I'm missing something here?

I was wondering the same thing! All on why Golden Axe and why Comedy Central, that is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting on a few levels. Firstly, the fact that it's a Comedy Central production. This means that more than likely, there's going to be some sort of comedic angle to this, which, well, is... interesting. Sorry for the lack of words, but the series kind of leans on a more serious, story telling angle. That's not to say there's a few light hearted moments in the games (I guess the thieves that appear in the earlier games whom you can kick around are kind of funny). On a more positive note (?) though is that since Comedy Central's shows are adult-oriented, it means that there will be no restrictions on violence, which isn't exactly necessary, since all but Beast Rider is really violent, but it's welcomed, so long as the show doesn't just rely on it. On another note, Comedy Central is owned by Paramount, which explains how it ended up in CC's hands, given the Sonic movies. This does make me curious if it'll have the same amount of care put into it, not that I'm doubting them or anything, but I'm just a bit skeptical. It also does make me wonder if there's some kind of deal being worked on behind the scenes regarding Sega's future adaptations being made by Paramount. Now on that note, if Comedy Central was to work on a Decap Attack or Crazy Taxi adaptation...

• Thumbs Up 1

There's some good talent behind this like the creator of Star Trek Lower Decks, so it could be pretty cool. 

• Thumbs Up 1