Awoo.

Just Toys Goes Classic With Wave 2 Of Sonic Buildable Figures

Failinhearts

Talk about a switch up... Literally! Found by the ever reliable Sonic Merch News on Twitter, figure company Just Toys has unveiled on Amazon their second wave of Sonic Buildable Figures. This time, they are stepping out of the Modern era and into the Classic!

Meet the Classic Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Super Sonic Buildable line!

So what are these buildable figures? Is it like a LEGO Minifigure? A Gundam model kit? Not exactly, if you see the packaging. The figures are pretty much pre-made. The only exceptions that give the figures their names are the swapping arms.

Each figure comes packaged with 4 arms, each sculpted to depict a different pose or is holding a different accessory. As such, you can freely customize and swap out hands to make a small variety of different display options. So one would say the figures are less "buildable", and more... interchangeable.

Beyond the more squat proportions and black eyes, what sets this wave apart from its Modern counterparts is that Just Toys is looking to inject a bit more urgency into collecting their figures.

That's right, there's chase variants!

For each figure, there is a 1 out of 10 chance it will come packaged with a more premium paint job, like a metallic Piko Piko Hammer, or a glow in the dark Emerald. So keep an eye out, if you're looking to nab any of these mix-and-matchers!

What do you think about this latest reveal? Do any of these figures spike the sensation to swap within you? Or are you giving into the FOMO for that shiny hammer? 

Original Post Content:

View full story

• Thumbs Up 2

Aww... They're so cute! I am a big Classic Amy fan, i'll probably snag her if I can! 

Edited by Maple Syrup
I didn't mean to rhyme

Great edition change swapping character arms one by one. 👍🏻

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

oo the different arms and poses seems very cool, hope we get more like these in the future!

Passed on the modern ones but may bitw with these. They look great!