Awoo.

Two Years Later... Ben Schwartz Teases The Return of The Travel Sonic Plush!

Failinhearts

Sonic the Hedgehog may be the fastest thing alive, who loves adventure and seeing the world... But naturally, Sonic MERCHANDISE don't often get the same luxury. Soon however, that might change... provided he doesn't get stolen again.

What am I talking about? Why, I'm talking about the ill fated plush known simply as Travel Sonic.

To celebrate the release of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in theaters, Sonic actor Ben Schwartz left behind a Jakks Sonic plush at the Los Angeles International Airport. With this "Travel Sonic", as Ben dubbed it, is a note.

image(27).thumb.png.42eb5021628ea2e8589c9fc7f6a8f672.png

image(28).thumb.png.c72ad900db391931fe87dfa2b71735b2.png

Why helllloooo!

You have just found a travel Sonic. Wherever you are going, this Sonic would love to join you on your adventure. Then before you return home, give him to someone else to continue the adventure. Let's see how far this little guy can travel!

Mark whatever new cities Sonic has traveled to in marker on his socks and shoes. You can even add it to this letter if you remember to leave this with him for the next person.

That's it. That's the whole thing. Try your best to keep him clean. Feel free to take PG photos with him around the world. Or if this was just stolen right off the bat, I hope you enjoy your brand new Sonic and it brings you joy.

SAFE TRAVELS!

Ben Schwartz.

Ben intended for this Sonic to be passed along from person to person, from airport to airport and hoping to see reports of where Travel Sonic might be, and how many people he has met. Upon hearing of his disappearance from the LA airport, Ben awaited with baited breath for any sign of life from Travel Sonic!

Screenshot2024-03-20181407.png.560d90f4577672d8461be40147a7bb31.png

...And sadly, no sign came. Two years passed, and still no word from Travel Sonic, who has most likely been taken by a child and is (hopefully) being taken care of. At least Ben knew it being stolen without a word would be a possibility.

Today, Ben released a tweet lamenting the loss of his failed Travel Sonic project... But also a sign of hope ahead.

Screenshot2024-03-20181647.png.1fcf2cbf034978b9dd7f5c43e517b045.png

It looks like Ben isn't done with Travel Sonic yet! With the third movie on the horizon, Ben is looking to resurrect the idea of Travel Sonic with a safer, and more foolproof way to track his travels.

How exactly will it be done? Only time will tell this December. But when that day comes, check around your airport next time you go on a trip. You might be bringing along a fluffy blue companion who is just as eager to see the world as you do!

Edited by Failinhearts
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 3

I recently was in LA and went to LAX. I tried to search for the little guy so he could go with a stuffed Knuckles and Shadow! Poor thing.

Ooooh, im about to go to LA for spring break! ill keep my eyes peeled!

Oh, it's such a cute idea! Hope this time he won't get lost! Happy traveling to him and his new friends!

Edited by ShadowForever