Awoo.

SEGA Japan Launches New 'Sonic Carnival Tokyo' Merchandise Range in April

Dreadknux

SEGA Japan is launching a new set of accessory and stationary merchandise featuring Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends, in a collection called 'SONIC CARNIVAL - TOKYO'. The range includes acrylic character stands, t-shirts, tote bags, clear files and more, and is due to go on general sale on April 4.

The concept for this line of merchandise follows an online art series from Sonic Channel themed after a lively carnival. As a result, the following line of toys, which are now available to pre-order, feature vibrant colours and playful patterns - particularly on the hand towels and tote bags, where you can see Sonic, Shadow and co bouncing around the place.

The acrylic stand set, pictured below, is also the result of a fan survey that polled which images to use for each character. You might recognise some of the poses from the games, or even previous Sonic Channel artworks, like the Mighty arcade one there.

If you want to order some stuff, note that Amazon JP ships worldwide so you can pick up the below items with ease! Take a look!

2024-carnival-acrylic.png

Sonic the Hedgehog Acrylic Stand Collection (10 pc)
Buy on Amazon JP - ¥7,700 / ~$51.18 USD

2024-carnival-towel-sonic.png 2024-carnival-towel-shadow.png

Sonic the Hedgehog Hand Towel
Buy Sonic the Hedgehog version on Amazon JP - ¥1,100 / ~$7.31 USD
Buy Shadow the Hedgehog version on Amazon JP - ¥1,100 / ~$7.31 USD

2024-carnival-shirt-f.png 2024-carnival-shirt-b.png

'SONIC CARNIVAL TOKYO' T-Shirt
Buy M size on Amazon JP - ¥3,900 / ~$25.91 USD
Buy L size on Amazon JP - ¥3,900 / ~$25.91 USD
Buy XL size on Amazon JP - ¥3,900 / ~$25.91 USD

2024-carnival-tote-1.png 2024-carnival-tote-2.png

'SONIC CARNIVAL TOKYO' Mini Tote Bag
Buy on Amazon JP - ¥2,500 / ~$16.60 USD

2024-carnival-lanyard1.png 2024-carnival-lanyard2.png

'SONIC CARNIVAL TOKYO' Lanyard & Tag
Buy Sonic the Hedgehog version on Amazon JP - ¥2,200 / ~$14.61 USD
Buy Shadow the Hedgehog version on Amazon JP - ¥2,200 / ~$14.61 USD

2024-carnival-file1.png 2024-carnival-file2.png

'SONIC CARNIVAL TOKYO' Set of 2 Clear Files (Sonic & Shadow)
Buy on Amazon JP - ¥1,100 / ~$7.30 USD

These items were all formally revealed on the official Sonic Channel website back in January, but as we get closer to April we're now being given the chance to purchase these items for ourselves. The same items can also be found on the SEGA Ebten online store as well.

Original Post Content:

View full story

These are cute!

Really cute how classic espio is being used in the acrylic designs! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I kind of dig this design. I usually do t go for the cutest look, but I could see getting a few of the hand towels. But I've ordered some acrylic standees in the past and half the time they come in broken.

• 1 month later...

Huh, they’re acknowledging Knuckles’ Chaotix with that Espio one with the bound ring. I wonder if that means a Chaotix release is in the cards…

Classic Espio?!?! How’d he get in? I thought they disowned the Classic Chaotix, but there goes the most obvious avenue for the Freedom Fighters to be added into canon…

Chaotix rerelease being possible is exciting, for one, but now I wonder if we’ll see R, Saturn 3D Blast, Sonic 2 Master System, or most of the non-Japanese developed games again too.