Awoo.

Crazy Star Wars Beer Commercials That Ran in Chile in 2003

Dreadknux

I know I'm late to the party (well, a day, but that's a lifetime in Internet Years), but there's been a lot of chat about Chilean beer 'Cerveza Cristal' recently... because of how it was worked into Star Wars movie re-runs on TV.

In place of commercial breaks, when the Star Wars Trilogy was aired on TV in Chile in 2003, the network decided to get imaginative and integrate adverts within the movies themselves. It's totally, 100% real, and I've been laughing my butt off ever since discovering these:

There's a link to a news story about this weird phenomenon too, and there are YouTube videos out there with various clips. It's incredible.

Anyway, it has entered Meme Status now and everybody's doing it. Let's share the best ones!

Actually belly-laughed at the IGN one, which inspired me to make... this one... :wheeze:

CERVEZA CRISTAL!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

10 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

I know I'm late to the party (well, a day, but that's a lifetime in Internet Years), but there's been a lot of chat about Chilean beer 'Cerveza Cristal' recently... because of how it was worked into Star Wars movie re-runs on TV.

In place of commercial breaks, when the Star Wars Trilogy was aired on TV in Chile in 2003, the network decided to get imaginative and integrate adverts within the movies themselves. It's totally, 100% real, and I've been laughing my butt off ever since discovering these:

There's a link to a news story about this weird phenomenon too, and there are YouTube videos out there with various clips. It's incredible.

Anyway, it has entered Meme Status now and everybody's doing it. Let's share the best ones!

Actually belly-laughed at the IGN one, which inspired me to make... this one... :wheeze:

CERVEZA CRISTAL!

I wish they would of released these star wars edits on DVD, or in some shape or form of media. I would give an arm or a leg to own these. I've seen this trilogy so much, but they never did anything like this in the US.

A very funny story and meme to be honest. I actually watched a video last night that not only revealed that apparently other movies are out there with the same edits (Gladiator being one of them), but Lucasfilm actually ended up suing the TV studio for adding unauthorised edits to their movies. 

It’s absolute madness honestly, but it’s the best kind of light hearted meme. I’m surprised it took so long for this to resurface.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazingly, there are multiple moments in the Sonic movies where they could do this!

But as for other 'product placements' apparently LOST, yes the TV show with the people trapped on the spooky island, also had the edits! There's no footage of these anywhere so currently they're classified as LOST media... yes Lost media of Lost I know!

But given what that show was like, can you imagine what these would have looked like!?

• Chuckle 2