Awoo.

Justin Scarpone, formerly of Disney, to lead global transmedia strategy for Sega in April

Shiny Gems

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/02/sega-appoints-former-disney-and-scopely-executive-justin-scarpone-to-lead-global-transmedia-strategy

Pretty nice! This former executive of Disney has been involved with games like Kingdom Hearts. Question is, given the date he is supposed to start doing this, is this going to be an April Fools joke? I am kidding, of course.

• Thumbs Up 2

We can finally see who rules it all. Chili dogs, or Hot dogs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopely

He worked for this company that put out Walking Dead: Road to Survival, Star Trek Fleet Command, and the company recently put out a Fall Guys clone named Stumble Guys.

What did he do at Disney as an exec again?

Man, Haruki Satomi sure loves his mobile phone tech bros huh? More to force cryptocurrency micro-macrotransactions into all your favourite games as you enjoy your "live services"!

So... Sega's pushing for scamming all of its customers hard is what's going on.

Oh, Sega.

Rayman2BadEndingMeme.thumb.png.2a1c2f3d346293493d25b063461401fb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Given the dumpster fire Disney has been lately, I hope he wasn't in charge of the lame movies there.

But the rest of his resume seems pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sonic Blast said:

Given the dumpster fire Disney has been lately, I hope he wasn't in charge of the lame movies there.

But the rest of his resume seems pretty good.

You know, when Sonic's output has been arguably better than Disney's, Hell hath froze over.

• Chuckle 4

Don’t wanna see Justin Scarpone and partner Disney make uncomfortable screw working at new trans media Sega, for their IPS and Sega IPS safe natural good should be.

• Confused 1

SEGA Disney is the company you want to stay clear away from...

• Chuckle 1

Yeesh…the times we’re in when having Disney is seen in a bad light.

Not that I can’t see why, but man…strange times.

I don't know how I feel about this yet, but I hope it works out better than it did when GameStop hired Reggie after Nintendo made him retire.

9 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

SEGA Disney is the company you want to stay clear away from...

It's not necessarily wrong. They will milk a franchise until it nearly loses all credibility. Not going to say any names... 😅

15 hours ago, SadVlad said:

It's not necessarily wrong. They will milk a franchise until it nearly loses all credibility. Not going to say any names... 😅

Star Wars and the MCU.

I ain’t gonna sugarcoat it.

Although I question how much control this person actually had over making the decisions. It’s not like directing trans media means you have final say over what is approved or not…right?

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Star Wars and the MCU.

I ain’t gonna sugarcoat it.

Although I question how much control this person actually had over making the decisions. It’s not like directing trans media means you have final say over what is approved or not…right?

Yea, I'm pretty sure there is a board of directors that dictates everything that comes in and out of their studio department.