Awoo.

I don't make topics very often but this has been on my mind.

I don't think any story in the franchise ever brought me to tears but I was curious if anyone else has ever cried over a sonic story. Sonic and nine's reconciliation at the end of sonic prime comes close for me though. What about y'all?

The Metal Virus of course! Especially when you are tracking Cream. So depressing. Just imagine if you are a young child whose only parent and her pets turned into zombies and your home has been taken away. Even then, she didn't stop fighting. I shed a tear in that arc.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 4

It didn't exactly made me cry, but I thought that the ending of Sonic and the Black Knight was very touching and had a pretty good message.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

I cried at the end of Sonic X Season 3, and I'm shameless about it. I was having a rough week, so maybe that contributed, but I admit I still cried when Cosmo died. She just deserved better as a character, and it was heartbreaking to see her meet such an unfortunate end...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

Honestly, the thing that made me cry was in Sonic Frontiers when Sonic's friends sacrificed themselves to end Sonic's Corruption...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1b4fc76dadc0ecc29b5c69ee75bfe57f.png

image.thumb.png.16682b41a310fd13eaed89ab7c274d5c.png

image.thumb.png.c58d9efeb27573b13329516641028161.png

Don't you lie to me. This hit like a truck for all of us.

Edited by LongcrierCat
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 3

The ending of Sonic Adventure 2 where Shadow sacrificed himself made me a bit teary eyed.  Sure, Shadow eventually comes back, but we didn't know at the time that Shadow would survive that fall and the fact that it ended with Sonic saying "Sayanora, Shadow the Hedgehog" was pretty heartbreaking to me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

41 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

The ending of Sonic Adventure 2 where Shadow sacrificed himself made me a bit teary eyed.  Sure, Shadow eventually comes back, but we didn't know at the time that Shadow would survive that fall and the fact that it ended with Sonic saying "Sayanora, Shadow the Hedgehog" was pretty heartbreaking to me.

Plus after Shadow's Sacrifice Robotnik starts to consider his family legacy and you get the hint that he's thinking he needs to change his ways.

... only for him to go back to his old ways in Shadow the Hedgehog onwards until... Sonic Frontiers.

I am really, really hoping Sonic Frontiers is when we start to see his Redemption Arc really take off and that the next big main game follows that same through line. I want to see Robotnik really come to grasp that he now finally has the family G.U.N. took away from him and that that causes a major change of heart for him and he can go to be a non malignant toy maker and amusement man.

Like Mr. Tinker in the IDW Sonic books.

The pieces are all here.

I am so wanting to see the redemption arc of everyone's favourite robotics mad scientist. I have so many ideas for how they can go take off in that direction after Frontiers and a lot of it sounds incredibly satisfying for New and Old Fans. He'd still have to answer for all he's done wrong. However... seeing that he now has a family, something tells me if he realized his own actions could take that family away from him that he's now going to want to change to ensure he doesn't have the same fate his Grandfather fell into happen to him.

It would break his heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

Metal Virus was close at times, but for me it happened only once: Archie Sonic 234. Antoine's bombastic fight with Metal Sonic.

3 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

I am really, really hoping Sonic Frontiers is when we start to see his {Eggman} Redemption Arc

Umm..yeah. Don't hold your breath too tightly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I just realized how heartbreaking Sonic stories may be. First, Shadow's tragic backstory. It's always been sad, but when I watched Project Shadow fan movie, yes, I cried. And that "Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog..." Second, Surge and Kit. Just children Starline kidnapped and ruined their life. It hurts to watch them sometimes, but I cried at the moment where Kit found discharged Surge, while thinking she was gone. Also, Sonic Frontiers. I didn't play it yet, but I know it's awesome. It has lots of touching moments, and songs Dear Father and I'm With You are so emotional...

Huh, this topic is too sad. Here's a happy Chao for you!:char_chao:

• Fist Bump 1

6 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Metal Virus was close at times, but for me it happened only once: Archie Sonic 234. Antoine's bombastic fight with Metal Sonic.

Ohhhhhh don't remind me. I don't know if I actually cried cried, but that hit hard.

• Thumbs Up 1