Awoo.

[EVENT] The Sonic Stadium 52 Game Challenge 2024! - New Prizes every week! Current Prize: Sonic Battle Profile gift!

Ryannumber1gamer

On 3/14/2024 at 7:25 PM, sonic_the_cuber said:

Nice job guys!

+

4 hours ago, Leeboss2005 said:

This seems like a cool event, can't wait to see where it goes from here

Just an FYI, your comments are appreciated but you won't receive any account rewards (profile gifts, Rings, etc) unless you actively contribute in the event. If you want to participate, make a new post talking about the game/s you're currently playing and keep a list of the ones you've completed/100%'d (games have to have been started and completed this year to count - more details in the OP).

I will do my own check-in for this week shortly, just wanted to get that out there. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer
This post was recognized by Ryannumber1gamer!

Danj86 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 40 points.

Registered Games

1. Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble 16Bit

2. The Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown  -  1st: 100% Completion

3. Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series P1 - Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

4. Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series P2 - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

5. The Pedestrian

6. Another Code: Recollection P1 - Another Code: Two Memories

7. Another Code: Recollection P2 - Another Code: R - A Journey into Lost Memories

8. Touhou: Luna Nights - 2nd: 100% Completion

9. Afterimage - 3rd: 100% Completion

10. Yohane The Parhelion -Blaze in the Deepblue- - 4th: 100% Completion

New Addition

• 11. Metroid Dread - 5th 100% Completion
Spoiler

image.png.a00197ac0073b617d88b4ae11327b4b3.png

March-o-vania continues with my very first playthrough of the first half of this genre. The newest one too, Metroid Dread. With hindsight, it was pretty bold of me to play this on Normal mode because I remember seriously questioning if I was going to be able to succeed at all. But with a little perseverance, patience and possibly luck, I managed eventually. Even then, I was convinced I wouldn't be able to complete a 100% run after discovering the type of tricks needed to find some. But just like with boss runs, you get better with each attempt, I'm talking specifically about the ShineSpark puzzles.

Perhaps due to me being convinced of a poor performance, I actually got a sense of accomplishment when I completed the game with 100% since it was also my first Metroid game. With how it literally puts dread within the player, I'd also call it a horror game. Which would make it a first for me to complete in that genre too. Though calling Metroid a horror game will vary from opinion to opinion.

But I don't need a lame jump scare or Eldridge horror to show up when an E.M.M.I. is more than enough. That fear doesn't go away when you have the power to smash those fuckers too. You gotta also find the best place to shoot it and for gods sake, don't miss. As you progress, I swear the game got meaner, deliberately spawning the E.M.M.I. in places that would guarantee it'll hear you. I've only been good at stealth when the game makes it easy like in the Arkham titles, here I opted for the strategy of run like hell. It didn't always work... Oh, the colourful language you'd hear as you blindly run into an unmapped area, being chased by an E.M.M.I. but forced to double back as you happened to run into a dead end.

With that done, I have a handful of Mario Vs Donkey Kong challenges left to complete which breaks the Metroidvania themed month briefly, then I can move on to my second Metroid game. Metroid Prime Remastered. But I should be careful. I think I'm running out of Metroidvanias...

• Thumbs Up 2

Ryannumber1gamer

Agie was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Games beaten so far.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:41 PM, Agie said:

1. Super Mario RPG Remake

2. Kaze and the Wild Masks

3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (100%)

4. Mega Man 1

5. Mega Man 2

6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game

7. Twinkle Star Sprites

8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (100%)

9. Sunset Riders

10. Mega Man 3

11. Mega Man 4 (sequel wars version)

12. Terminator Salvation (arcade)

13. Roll-Chan 5 (hack of Mega Man 5)

14. Kiki KaiKai

15. Roll-Chan 6 (hack of Mega Man 6)

16. Beeny

17. Roll-Chan World (hack of Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge)

18. Roll-Chan: Mini World (hack of Game Gear Mega Man)

19. Duke Nukem 1

20. Roll-Chan World 2 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man II)

21. Earthworm Jim

22. 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 1

23. Duke Nukem II

24. Roll-Chan World 3 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man III)

25. The New Zealand Story

26. Sonic the Hedgehog CD

27. Roll-Chan World 4 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man IV)

28. Momodora

29. Roll-Chan World 5 (hack of Game Boy Mega Man V)

30. Mega Man: The Wily Wars (Wily Tower)

31. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From the Sewers

32. Mega Man: Powered Up

33. Mega Man 7 Restoration + Refit (100%)

34. Mega Man: The Power Battle

35. Duke Nukem 3D: Total Meltdown

I decided to go to an arcade to celebrate my first week at my new job, and not a moment too soon; I was able to beat not one, but two games at the arcade. Decided I should do this while the memory is still relatively fresh in my mind.

36. The Simpsons Arcade (Konami)

Maggie got a gem in her mouth, and apparently, Smithers, rather than just take the gem out of her mouth and call it good, takes Maggie herself. It's up to Homer, Marge, Bart and Maggie to go out and save her from Smithers and Mr. Burns! But they better watch out; apparently, almost everyone in Springfield wants their blood in this adventure, with only a few allies helping them.

This beat-em-up by Konami is very similar to the TMNT games, even having the same soundfont; some of this music would not be out of place in a TMNT game. I'd say Marge is closest to Donnie, but I also found Lisa to be a good one. However, I played this on an actual arcade; every time I had to put in more money, I would switch just based on which was more comfortable for me. I found Homer to have the most comfortable position on the cab for me.

I enjoyed my time with it, though, and I think it should've gotten a port...but other than a home computer port (that didn't even make it everywhere), a delisted Xbox Live Arcade version, and a fanmade Genesis port that's still in the works, the game had remained unavailable on consoles more often than not. I was lucky to know a place that had the actual machine, but not everyone is like that. Even that Arcade 1up home cab is expensive.

As for 100%? Well, it's an arcade game, and it seems for this one, 100% is beating the game at all.

I think it's a good game you should check out Any Way You Can.

IMG_20240316_1557222.thumb.jpg.5d53917cb81b1a424c42a17216401378.jpg

37. Jurassic Park Arcade (Raw Thrills)

Dinosaurs have escaped from their containment centers, and it's up to you and your allies to "save" the dinos and "tranquilize" them. That's the plot.

The gameplay is very much like the Terminator Salvation game, right down to having to shoot obstacles out of the way. I will say it's nice to get weapons like an electric weapon and a freeze ray, in addition to the usual machine guns. Also, are you sure we're tranquilizing the smaller dinos? Many of them seem to explode into bits and pieces! Also, insects have to be shot down, too.

I guess I can say I 100% this one, since seeing the end screen requires you to beat all of the selectable campaigns. I will say the final big dino I took on was very tough; took me multiple tries to be able to beat him, and even then, I had to use grenades to even have a chance.

I'll also say I didn't find this one to be as much of a quarter muncher as the Terminator Salvation machine, though whether that's the game itself or if the operators set it up that way, I can't say. It still requires a lot of credits either way, so be prepared.

IMG_20240316_164539.thumb.jpg.9d8fdba824325ff5b18f0da3aa5ffb64.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

8th(?) Game: Sonic Colors Ultimate:

I hate this game. That’s it, that’s all I have to say. Happy St. Patrick’s, everyone.

CF73C5D2-6C4E-4029-9343-D70EE63D27B9.thumb.jpeg.e422d69fcfe486dab34c7e6940dc3979.jpeg2FAB8064-BDCA-4BA5-8706-9602CF59DDFF.thumb.jpeg.85b1d75df51d5b84e0e22a738f445110.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I'm gonna 100% everything in sonic frontiers... literally everything. Gonna take me a couple weeks since I have school, tennis comps, and cubing comps...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

Tornado was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

image.thumb.png.a47a953aab4c79dde3ed6d3b27531759.png

image.thumb.png.20612ba3518b6a15fa001a5a812049af.png

image.thumb.png.3a82dc03b2fa450ba22ef72193247aac.png

This game honestly isn't bad so long as you remember one key specific gameplay element when you play:

Always be gliding.

The first Bubsy is so extremely momentum-based that it makes Spinball blush so this can seem daunting but you have fucking tons of hitbox invincibility so long as you are doing two things:

1. Gliding
  2. Descending vertically

It doesn't matter if your character is hurtling to the side at humongous speed (in fact doing it like that makes bosses easier to ping-pong off of), it doesn't matter if you are only one frame past the apex of your jump, it doesn't matter if you seem like you're barely a pixel off the ground and the enemy is well "above" you:

BubsyinClawsEncountersoftheFurredKind-004.thumb.png.0e8faafe5715261c979d15c867c8c07b.pngBubsyinClawsEncountersoftheFurredKind-005.thumb.png.e983effed63835681042f9c64a0cdd78.png

And it doesn't even matter if the enemy is in the middle of an attack animation that increases their hitbox:

BubsyinClawsEncountersoftheFurredKind-002.thumb.png.66aa57c71ea0680003cf205bec4234d7.pngBubsyinClawsEncountersoftheFurredKind-003.thumb.png.ee4563217f90507457d6b03c958618e5.png

If you're gliding, and you have any horizontal momentum (no matter how minute) and are falling downward (no matter how slowly), you will kill them when you hit them anywhere on their hitbox. There are some additional idiosyncracies at play (Woolie enemies make Bubsy have knockback of a fixed amount after bouncing off from them at a glide, and most other enemies knock Bubsy back at a vertical momentum inverse to what Bubsy's downward speed when hitting them) and you can still get shot out of the air by enemies with projectiles (and cheese wheels override your hitbox unless you are hitting them in the upper half of their hitbox when gliding); but combine this with the fact that you can get out of a glide immediately after letting off the glide button and you realize you can jump immediately into a glide to take out an enemy, then choose to drop out of it as soon as the enemy is gone to offset any additional momentum you might not desire after hitting an enemy. I made a video largely to showcase this nearly a decade ago that I forgot about until after I had already made those screenshots so whatever here you go:

The other thing to keep in mind is that Bubsy jumps very quickly immediately so if you find yourself about to get hit if you're fast enough you can usually jump straight up out of danger. You can combine this with the fact that (on the SNES version) you can manually move the camera to the left or right with the trigger buttons even while moving, allowing you to have Bubsy on the far left of the screen when you're running right or vice versa. The Genesis version technically has this as an option but it requires holding the C-Button and a direction so it's effectively useless. Along those lines, the Genesis version is one of the most blatant examples that comes to mind to me of a game that looks superficially similar at a glance but in actual practice very blatantly was not the targeted system when developing the game. Tons of little visual effects and background animations are gone entirely and while I think the music sounds better (and seems to be the version of the music that the Windows port a couple of years later was based on) the rest of the game is definitely markedly inferior in practice even if you wouldn't think so from looking at screenshots.

Yes this is another 16-bit game I rushed out a playthrough of because my other, bigger game is taking up more time than I expected. That being said, next week...

Spoiler

shot0014.thumb.png.109c4b206b5eda70a3003e083a0a581d.png

Is gonna be so fire.

• Thumbs Up 1

things happened so i dont think im gonna get a review out this week. next week is very loaded though

Weekly Check-In:

Been busy this week, so haven’t had a time of time to play games. The time I have had for them I’ve been spending on FF7 Rebirth. That game has already sucked me in and made me forget just how long I’ve been playing it in one sitting. I’ve also been getting back into Overwatch since the Cowboy Bebop collaboration dropped this week. I want to get the challenges done and everything, which also gave me a chance to play with one of my best friends, so it’s been a lot of fun.

So progress is slow, but step by step, I’m getting through my games. I am regretting starting so many at once, especially given how long each game is, but they were games I was interested in playing anyways. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep chipping away and report one of them as finished here soon!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Game 9 by my count. 

Whoops! Thanks for the correction :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't done much progress on games this week. Have made some very minor progress on Super Mario 64 DS and Super Mario 3D Land, but otherwise... yeah... I don't recall completing and/or playing any other game past that.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, WorksOfMagic said:

Haven't done much progress on games this week. Have made some very minor progress on Super Mario 64 DS and Super Mario 3D Land, but otherwise... yeah... I don't recall completing and/or playing any other game past that.

Also, I thought I'd share a doc compiling each game I've completed (along with their specified dates of completion) so far and those I've yet to beat/complete. I will include it at the start of every post in which I complete a game starting today.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ENT18rQXcoLnvIuqKfLuxfCcvveb5vO1yL5Cbm0oVNY/edit?usp=drivesdk

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

NegaMix was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Well, this certainly took longer than I'd have liked:

Spoiler

Screenshot(176).thumb.png.6564eda909fd33804b1caf868ba29861.png

Screenshot(177).thumb.png.3c20f715ebb90fcb25f086014e9bb30e.png

Screenshot(178).thumb.png.80550a8f033f92715cf7cf176fc2117f.png

IRL obstacles aside, I had good fun revisiting Spyro 1. It's a comfortable, relaxing platformer from start to finish, only really upping the challenge in the final few levels and if you're going for the game's skill points (and even then, there's very few of them I'd really consider remotely challenging to accomplish; some are more tedious and confusing than challenging). If someone new to the genre ever asked me to recommend a 3D platformer to start out with, this is usually up there as one of my first picks, even now. And it only gets better with the next game in the series.

Anyway, I collected all the skill points, gems, dragons and eggs scattered throughout the game, as well as the bonus level unlocked after reaching 100%. There's no platinum trophy/achievement or equivalent for this game IIRC, and I'm only missing a couple achievements related to pretty menial tasks, but I feel like getting the full 120% in-game would count as completion. If not, then I'm happy to change the ranking.

GAMES COMPLETED:

1. Spyro the Dragon (120%)

So next on the agenda should logically be Spyro 2, right? ...Well, not for me. I'm actually gonna be returning to a different Insomniac Games sequel, one which recently got a shiny New Game+ update.

Edited by NegaMix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

ouenji was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

It may be month three haha, but I've finally got full completion on a game! Combined with my first, I've now got 1 Finished story (SA2) + 1 Full completion. I got all of the achivements on one of my Picross games, after just below 20 hours of playtime. The puzzles were all either dogs, cats, or items for either of them, letting you decorate a garden with all of what you collect by beating the puzzles! Got all the achivements through beating every puzzle, beating enough randomised puzzles, and putting down specific combos in the garden.

They might be more casual gameplay wise, but I'll always have a soft spot for puzzle games alongside everything else. With being so much more busy lately, it's a nice way to enjoy a hobby at a slower pace! Hoping to beat more Sonic games this year though, haha!! Maybe reading week this coming Easter will give me time to breathe lol, upcoming midterms are making progress slower than I'd like!!

image.png.df94fe5fa8f7296dbb827bc273d72715.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryannumber1gamer

TheKarmaCollector1994 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Games Finished/Completed So Far:

1: Power Wash Simulator (XBOX One) - Finished 25/02/24

2: Unpacking (XBOX One) - Finished 07/03/24 - 100%

3: Tecmo Bowl (NES (Switch Online)) - Finished 09/03/24 - 100%

4:  Sonic the Fighters (XBOX 360) - Finished 10/03/24 - 100%

Hey guys! Just a short update for my weekly check-in this time around. Unfortunately, I haven’t finished or completed any more games this week as IRL has been kicking me in the butt all week, but I did manage to get some playthroughs started and I should be able to get some of them finished next week.

As previously mentioned in my previous check-in post, I would be starting a few runs through of some Mario titles to mark MAR10 Day - at present I am close to finishing the main part of the original Super Mario Bros. (but with a twist… ooh, what could that be?!), and I would have tried to finish it tonight had I not been so tired whilst writing this. I have also started on a full 120-star run of Super Mario 64, which I should have completed by next week’s update. May there be more Mario titles to complete as the weeks come and go? Who knows?! (Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten about Sonic either - I have a few more of the Blue Blur’s games scheduled soon.) I might also try to cram in a few other titles as well if I get chance.

Again, sorry that I haven’t been able to get any games completed this time around, but hopefully next week’s update will have a lot more content in it for you to enjoy - let’s see how many more games I can add to the list once I’ve recharged my batteries. And so - to bed. See you soon! Zzzzzz….

(P.S. Hope you all enjoyed St. Patrick’s Day. Lá fhéile Pádraig sona dhuit!)

Games Finished: 4

Games 100% Completed: 3

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just checking in again this week. Unfortunately I'm still busier than I'd like, but I'm hoping to have some more time soon. I really want to make some more progress on Penny's Big Breakaway since I really enjoyed the admittedly small amount that I've played of it, so hopefully I should be writing about that soon!

• Thumbs Up 1

Update:

not much progress was made this week, still have not finished the first run of FF7R. Will pick up the speed next week again.

Ryannumber1gamer

Dreadknux was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Progress update: Finally made some moves on my backlog! I ploughed through some smaller titles this past week when I had a spare second:

- Limbo (Nintendo Switch): I had already completed this on 360 way back when but it's such a cracking little indie game that I had to replay it on modern hardware. I got all the secret eggs too (making it 100%) but there's no way for me to prove it in this version of the game somehow, so... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ah bums, I'll post a snap when I get a second!

- Jetpac (Rare Replay): Rare's earliest game, originally released on the ZX Spectrum I think. You play as a space man collecting rocket parts and fuel to escape planets while dodging alien enemies. It doesn't blow anyone away by today's standards but it's still fun for a half hour, and it's great to be able to play these early games. It's incredibly short but just to make it a bit more interesting I not only completed all levels (before it loops) but I accomplished all the Snapshot challenges for this game too from the Rare Replay compilation package. So this one's 100%.

jetpac2.jpg jetpac1.jpg

- Revenge of Shinobi (SEGA Vintage Collection, Xbox 360): Finally completed this Mega Drive Classic! I had always played the first stage or two before getting annoyed at the insane difficulty of this game, but I fought through it this time and accomplished the good ending too (which I think counts as 100% as I don't believe there are any other collectibles in this game). I've heard the legends of all the licensed cameos (that got edited in this version I'm playing) so it was interesting to see "not-Batman", "not-Spider-Man" and "not-Godzilla" etc as Neo Zeed bosses, haha! Despite the difficulty (and the wonky double jump), the gameplay here is a banger!

shinobi.jpg

- Pentiment (Xbox Series X): I actually forgot I completed this one a while ago... what a phenomenal game. I had heard good things about it, but don't let the 2D art style fool you - this is a deep and thoughtful experience. Obsidian's latest is short and not quite as in-depth as a full-scale 3D RPG, but it's a fantastic bite-size adventure and I've not seen many games look or feel quite like this one. It's a murder mystery set in ye olden times, and there's a LOT of ancient historical content in here. It's fascinating to play. :) Anyway, I have listed it as simply 'completed' as I haven't all the achievements yet and there are multiple... let's say 'routes' through the game, so I'm not entirely sure I've "seen" everything yet. Going to give it another playthrough and see.

pentiment.jpg 

I'll share screenshots/proof and an updated list for me tomorrow, when I can get to a computer. :) But that's three more in the bag!

Beaten:

1. Sonic Adventure (Xbox 360)
  2. Turnip Boy Robs a Bank (Xbox Series X)
  3. Murder by Numbers (Nintendo Switch)
  4. Tunic (Xbox Series X)
  5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Ace Attorney Trilogy, Xbox Series X)
  6. Pentiment (Xbox Series X)
  7. Limbo (Nintendo Switch)
  8. Jetpac (Rare Replay, Xbox Series X)
  9. Revenge of Shinobi (SEGA Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co., Xbox 360)

100%'d:

1. Sonic Adventure (Xbox 360)
  2. Turnip Boy Robs a Bank (Xbox Series X)
  3. Murder by Numbers (Nintendo Switch)
  4. Tunic (Xbox Series X)
  5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Ace Attorney Trilogy, Xbox Series X)
  6. Limbo (Nintendo Switch)
  7. Jetpac (Rare Replay, Xbox Series X)
  8. Revenge of Shinobi (SEGA Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co., Xbox 360)

In Progress:

• Halo Anniversary (Xbox Series X / Halo: The Master Chief Collection)
  • Judgment (PlayStation 4)
  • Club Nintendo Picross Plus (Nintendo 3DS)
  • Super Hang On (Xbox 360 / SEGA Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.)
  • South Park: Let's Go Tower Defence Play! (Xbox 360)
  • Alien Breed: Episode 1 (Xbox 360)
  • Phoenix Wright: Justice For All (Ace Attorney Trilogy, Xbox Series X)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Time for a very quick status update to quench my JPEG FOMO.

I got to Chapter 6 in Yo-Kai Watch 3 which I presume is around the midpoint. I've also been playing Meteos on the original DS and have finished the "campaign" twice, although I won't consider it beaten until I can finish all three campaign options at the very least on one of the harder difficulties.

• Thumbs Up 1

Game 8.- Hello everyone, here is the game I finished, " Sonic Advance 3", I had a lot of fun, see you for check-in tomorrow, byee.

Screenshot_20240315-185220.thumb.png.22faf0cb5dba96cf8a08d945a21d343e.pngScreenshot_20240315-185254.thumb.png.6550d3a7cede0824739eab9b96ead9a3.pngScreenshot_20240315-185324.thumb.png.1c235bbbc5e2ad487c3f603b3ba9ebf9.pngScreenshot_20240315-185337.thumb.png.64459381deed46ac0a977ddca2809058.pngScreenshot_20240315-185348.thumb.png.7ef90a88c0b1f9a6393b285188ce9f85.pngScreenshot_20240315-185403.thumb.png.fe8402eed3b253608e8b96664abd5c2b.pngScreenshot_20240315-185503.thumb.png.494b819ec5fee684f1dab94e5728f512.pngScreenshot_20240315-190003.thumb.png.0db7cfd799c524a43771e7bc4693fb9d.pngScreenshot_20240315-190018.thumb.png.850b22aff5c7801fd24d5a7af8aa1364.pngScreenshot_20240315-190026.thumb.png.69ea35054c719b4c58db154a75e6b6bc.pngScreenshot_20240315-190042.thumb.png.51324c05bc53148be1ec87c714029c59.pngScreenshot_20240315-190056.thumb.png.6027a619a0cd7d9d65438d8fb95129ec.pngScreenshot_20240315-190104.thumb.png.c370fb6ee1166ed41a89cab4e17ec0ca.pngScreenshot_20240315-190110.thumb.png.85277e87c4e3eba3d5cbcfb86e9e8adc.pngScreenshot_20240315-190134.thumb.png.ad5095a5ddad9c616139877069534117.pngScreenshot_20240315-190447.thumb.png.3d08d5a8dc76cfb80197bea38a78a153.png

Game Number 14/52: Super Mario Bros Wonder (Finished)

A fantastic entry in the Super Mario Bros. Series, with overhauled graphics compared to the New series and a new world away from the Mushroom Kingdom. Personally, I never had a problem with the New series compared to a lot of people apparently, but this game didn't disappoint.

Game Rating: 5 Out Of 5:2024031415480000s.jpg.3ea569d79084a981c04ff655576c92f9.jpg

Game Number 15/52: Mega Man 7 (100% Complete)

One of the better Mega Man entries in the series. Honestly, it's difficult to find a truly bad game in the Mega Man series. This game's on the SNES, so we're rewarded with 16 bit graphics that look fantastic, an all new soundfont with instant classics in my book, and more hardware space for...the same old Mega Man stories we know and love(?). Only drawback being Slash man and Wily Capsule being a big pain, but that doesn't stop this being an excellent entry in this already amazing franchise.

Game Rating: 4 Out Of 5:2024031723034800s.jpg.590a7a11af446161674d9b55e558766a.jpg

Game Number 16/52: Sonic Adventure (Finished)

Obviously the best Sonic game. Hilarious cutscenes, a solid story viewed from six different perspectives, and excellent gameplay still able to stand the test of time. Yes, even Big The Cat's gameplay is decent! We'll see if Sonic Team can top this masterpiece.

Game Rating: 5 Out Of 5:345638562892.png.5021358d14bd95b17605a17dfca48323.png

Games Finished: 10

Games Completed: 6

• Thumbs Up 1

Was hoping to get a proper write up  done, but I'll just say that I've got the other three Game Boy Mega Man games finished up, along with It Takes Two and Skylanders Superchargers.

Also currently working on Simpsons Hit and Run.

Ryannumber1gamer

Winston was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 50 points.

Here is a very late update, which I apologize for adding on here last minute, but I really wanted to make sure that I could add on this completed game that me and Ryan were working on, but first, I'll start off with a replay of a recent title.

GAME #16 - Spider-Man 2 - FInished

spacer.png

This will be the most likely game here that I will return to and fully complete. I've already done it before, and I also want to get all the Ultimate Level skins from New Game Plus. I specifically replayed this game for New Game Plus finally being released, even though I fully completed it probably back in November which was not that long ago. I just really wanted to be able to use my choice of suits in the cutscenes, which was nice being able to use the Raimi Red and Blue Suit along with the Raimi Symbiote suit in collaboration for the most part for this symbiote story. It gave me some nostalgia and was just a cool thing to have. I might one day replay again, with the classic comic symbiote suit as my main one instead of the Raimi one, but I couldn't resist using the Raimi one.

I'm already working on full completion of it, but I'm not sure exactly when I will go back, especially considering I have every trophy and have done it before. I'm not in any rush, but one of these update posts, I'm sure will contain a completion update for Spider-Man 2. I want to focus on Final Fantasy VII Rebirth first and a few other co-op games. And this might not be the only Spider-Man 2 I revisit for this challenge (hint, hint, I suppose). Anyways, Spider-Man 2 is a great game in my opinion.

The gameplay and webswinging are definitely a step above the original to me, even if I do kinda miss the wackier gadgets of the original. They're more focused here, which I kinda understand, but still, it was nice having them there for the original. I also am a big fan of the symbiote powers in this game, even if I am still disappointed you can't swap to a symbiote suit with just a button press like you can in most Spider-Man games where the symbiote suit is integral to the story. Disappointing, but not a dealbreaker.

The big problem here is probably the story, which is pretty good, but there is a lot of shit here that just is way too obvious or not developed enough. It feels extremely rushed, especially the whole final act of the game. I don't want to spoil too much, especially for those who have not played it, but it's not the best Venom story out there. There's plenty of better adaptations IMO, even if Tony Todd is one of the best voices for Venom ever. It's a shame he doesn't have a lot to do here, and I'm hoping he gets a chance to do Venom again, or at least have his own spin-off game if that's possible. At the end of the day, Spidey 2 is a great game, but it doesn't exactly live up to the storytelling of the first in my opinion. While the gameplay may be better over-all, I would've liked a story that lived up to the original a bit more. I also think some of the costume choices here are a bit weird, with a ton of ugly ones replacing ones from the original PS4 title that just feel like... why didn't you add these ones back? Maybe I'm being too harsh, but again, I reiterate, Spidey 2 is a great game. The New Game Plus Update especially makes it worthwhile. I'll give a bit more detail into the completion aspect of it once I do get back to it, but I will give you a hint, not a ton of the extra content is my favorite.

GAME #17 - It Takes Two - Completed

spacer.png

Now here we come to It Takes Two. Ryan bought this game, and he can vouch that me and him fully completed it together. He said he'll post his achievement list/screenshot of completion later. Sadly, with the free trial version, you don't get achievements yourself, but I literally did everything Ryan did. So this is a completion for me, and not too bad of one either. Sure, it's a bit annoying to go back to find annoying hidden stuff, but at least it has a decent chapter system that allows you to revisit locations and find what you missed. It could probably be done on a first run too, if you search wide and far. We were just trying to do it casually at first, so not too much of a focus on that until the end.

Anyways, moving past completion, It Takes Two is a great game. I can see why it got the acclaim it did when it came out. A very fun co-op platformer, that only requires one person to own the game. As said before, those who do not own it do not get achievements, but even still, the fact only one person needs to own a game and can invite someone for free to play without them owning it in this day and age is a big plus. Especially with a game as great as this. Is it perfect? Definitely not. There are a ton of gimmicks that seem either underutilized or not polished enough, combat is not always the greatest here, and I would say like half of the bosses are pretty mediocre, annoying, or too long lasting. The platforming and puzzles though are nearly great across every chapter. Some of them could feel a little iffy, but for the most part, the platforming and puzzles are almost always great, and they get better as the games go along. The pacing is a little weird in terms of gameplay though, the first part is pretty fast paced with the amount of areas you get to, but the final chapters are pretty slow and long. Maybe it's because the final chapters are the more emotional parts of the story, but it does really stick out compared to the quick and brief natures of the previous chapters of the game.

Is It Takes Two worth it? Absolutely, especially if it's on sale. It requires only one person to purchase it, and it's a pretty breezy game to get through with a ton of side content that you can find with exploring the levels a bit. It's also an easy enough completion. There's also a pretty good story here, even if it is pretty depressing throughout. We don't get a ton of online co-op puzzle platformers, so if you love them, give this one a chance. It'll be fun with a buddy, and I'm sure Ryan will back me up on this.

That's my update for the week. I sadly didn't get anything else done, but at least I got two games finished here. I had a lot of fun with them too. Thanks for reading! 

• Thumbs Up 2

I’m flying through Final Fantasy VII right now. I swear it was harder on my other play throughs and I’m trying not to grind for some challenge! Going for 100% still so got a lot to work on. 

Game 4 - Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (PSN) -100% completed

image.thumb.png.e64282279761373be789b0419535f9cc.png

This is a game I haven't played in 20 years. I was never able to complete it as a kid, the level with the Cyborg Werewolf was way too hard for me. Now I'm matured (I think) it wasn't too bad. Had fun going back to this, its a bit repetitive but its true to the show and fun overall.

Game 5 - Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Classic Collection version) - Campaign completed

image.thumb.png.323e0a333814b791b2a46879038c541c.png

Another childhood game but WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? This remake is crap. They removed half the cutscenes, rendering problems make some levels unplayable (flashing lights on Kamino) and overall its just a mess. I'll go back to Battlefront 1 at some point but this needs a patch and fast. Really unhappy they screwed this up.