Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW #68 - Reader Reaction & Review

Sonictrainer

It... exists. I would say it's good to see Tails after longer break (6 issues, his new record), but that would be a lie. I kept seeing him in games, Tails tube, Twitter Take over and actual IDW specials.

Art is good, good I missed shading so much. There are some really pretty area shots and Sonic face on last page makes the joke really work.

But as for the story, the script, the plot, the tale, the narrative, the me stalling for some reason... sigh, it's there. If all you want is Sonic and Tails being bros, there you go. Personally I prefer if they bro-up while doing something a bit more interesting that sigh-seeing and meeting a glowing gecko. I just find it uninspired. Honestly I would suggest just removing all action and making it cozy story... but then I remember we had way too many "no action cozy stories" in last half a year.

BTW I find it a bit funny that Extreme Gear "exceeded all of Tails expectation". That's means he miscalculated. That should be a failure in his book.

...Anybody? Sonic Forces? Battle with Egg Dragoon? Come on people, that was one of few good moments in the whole game.

Edited by MetalSkulkBane

Sonic and Tails encounter a lizard.

That's it. That's the story.

Man, I'm so tired of the IDW Sonic comic being so bland and boring.

This one was okay, but yeah not much to talk about.

We did get another chaos emerald out of this adventure, so there's that, and the backgrounds in the cave were gorgeous.

• Thumbs Up 2

The issue was awesome! First, my art got printed!!! (With Pixel Surge) I’M SO HAPPYYYYY

Ok, now story. Great to see Tails again! So, Sonic and Tails are trying to find a Chaos Emerald, then fall in a cave. It was actually a whole new world! Art is GORGEOUS. I always loved underground world stuff, and this is BEAUTIFUL. Then, Sonic finds the Emerald, but gets attacked by a lizard-guardian, then gets rescued by Tails. The guardian lets them keep the Emerald, and shows the way out. The story’s not very epic, but art IS epic. I already said that. 

• Thumbs Up 6

14 minutes ago, ShadowForever said:

The issue was awesome! First, my art got printed!!! (With Pixel Surge) I’M SO HAPPYYYYY

Congrats! That must have been exciting to see.

• Fist Bump 1

This was a good issue, with AMAZING art, a chaos emerald, and Sonic and Tails interactions! I think that when Sonic called Tails "little brother", it melted my heart! Nothing else to say.  :)

3 hours ago, ShadowForever said:

I just saw your amazing art!

Edited by Maple Syrup
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Well, is it a "real" lizard or an anthropomorphic lizard, please?!...

I wasn't too impressed by it. It was kind of neat, but the issue didn't explain much. Just, poof, magical place, ooh lizard, wait lizard good?, bye bye closed off. I wish they explained more about the place, but judging by the fact that Sonic closed it off, I don't think we will. So yeah, empty issue that left more to be desired. Art was nice though.

• Thumbs Up 3

While I'm a bit more neutral, I did like how the underground section and gecko gave me Frog Forest Act 2 vibes. Also congrats ShadowForever, you did a great job!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm aware most didn't really like the issue, but to be honest, after months of utterly inane bullshit with the Restoration and dealing with characters acting like utter idiots, having Sonic & Tails just vibe and go on a adventure, and as usual, their dynamic and interactions are just plain fun to read. 

Honestly dreading having to go back and deal with the restoration drama and seeing Tangle, Whisper and Lanolin again. This issue illustrates to me that it's time to get the series focused back on the main cast and stop shoving the OCs to the forefront, especially when the forefront at this point is just complete and total nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I liked it a lot, it won't be the most important of the Sonic comic series from the IDW publisher, but it entertained me a lot, I like when Sonic and Tails come on stage.

On 1/25/2024 at 6:47 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm aware most didn't really like the issue, but to be honest, after months of utterly inane bullshit with the Restoration and dealing with characters acting like utter idiots, having Sonic & Tails just vibe and go on a adventure, and as usual, their dynamic and interactions are just plain fun to read. 

Honestly dreading having to go back and deal with the restoration drama and seeing Tangle, Whisper and Lanolin again. This issue illustrates to me that it's time to get the series focused back on the main cast and stop shoving the OCs to the forefront, especially when the forefront at this point is just complete and total nonsense.

This basically all of this