Awoo.

Plot holes

goodone121

I don't want the Blaze/Nega/Silver one.

What I just noticed today was the reason for Chip storing a copy of his memory as Light Gaia in one of his Temples was never given.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blazey Firekitty

• SuperLink

• SuperStingray

• Morphed Chaos

Probably as a precaution just incase someone woke up Dark Gaia early, but you're right, it was never explicitly mentioned...

The whole of Sonic 2006 is a plot hole too. Elise somehow recognised Silver despite never seeing him is just one of many.

I don't want the Blaze/Nega/Silver one.

What I just noticed today was the reason for Chip storing a copy of his memory as Light Gaia in one of his Temples was never given.

That's not a plot hole- it's just an unexplained event. Much like the reason why Knuckles is the M.E. Guardian in unexplained. Plot holes are when things don't make sense bcause they contradict each other- like with Silver, Blaze and Nega.

In the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed Chip has the ability to open the doors in the gaia gates and yet when he opens the slot for the first emerald in the temple hes shocked about it

- In SA2, Eggman's time limit until the earth's destruction starts at around 6pm at night but he talks to the president the next morning and says he has 24 hours left. Surely the clock would have been ticking away from around 6pm the night before and the president would have considerably less than 24 hours to give into Eggman's whims lest the world be destroyed?

- Why is it that Blaze is impervious to only certain kinds of fire? She is entirely resistant to the flames in Sky Babylon in SRA but can be hurt by Captain Whisker's flamethrower attack.

- In the first of SatSR's 3D cutscenes that shows Sonic landing a good distance before Night Palace in the desert, when we first see him, his flame is not present on his chest and the ring on his finger is silver. When we see him again, his flame is shown and his ring mysteriously turns gold.

- The moon's appearance after SA2.

- Why is it that Blaze is impervious to only certain kinds of fire? She is entirely resistant to the flames in Sky Babylon in SRA but can be hurt by Captain Whisker's flamethrower attack.

Maybe she has a heat limit?

My guess is its so that the boss doesnt become piss easy considering Johnny is easy to kill and other than the gears thats whiskers' only good attack

I thought of another. If all of the other Knuckles clan members were killed, how was the current one even born? Unlike Chip, he's only a teen, so he must have been born after the event.

Edited by goodone121

I presumed that Chips memory storing was a case of "there's a dark version of me out there, better store away some memories just in case in the future some bad shit goes down!" but really...why do they have to explain everything?

It's just a game.

Edited by Mollfie

Eggman sees Sonic alive during the Egg Cauldron fight, but when they meet again in Mazuri, he says "I should have known you were still alive!"

I thought of another. If all of the other Knuckles clan members were killed, how was the current one even born? Unlike Chip, he's only a teen, so he must have been born after the event.

I always assumed Knuckles was sealed away and woke up sometime after the rest of the Knuckles clan had died. Either that or his parents died when he was very young from an ever waning line of offspring.

Eggman sees Sonic alive during the Egg Cauldron fight, but when they meet again in Mazuri, he says "I should have known you were still alive!"

Perhaps it's because it was the first time they'd actually met face to face since Sonic fell from Eggy's space station.

Sonic does not recognize Blaze in Black Knight like he does the other characters. Though this was probably done in order to not confuse those who haven't played the Rush series.

A more legitimate one is that G-merl (sp?) is not mentioned again after Sonic Advance 3. Even when Cream and Blaze go see Vanilla in Rush, G-merl is nowhere to be found. Also, Sonic Chronicles makes no mention of him, even though he was essential to the plot of Sonic Advance 3, which clearly continued from Sonic Battle.

Sonic does not recognize Blaze in Black Knight like he does the other characters. Though this was probably done in order to not confuse those who haven't played the Rush series.

He didn't not recognise her, he just didn't mention her. YOu can't draw any real comclusions there, but that same thing happened in '06 I suppose.

A more legitimate one is that G-merl (sp?) is not mentioned again after Sonic Advance 3. Even when Cream and Blaze go see Vanilla in Rush, G-merl is nowhere to be found. Also, Sonic Chronicles makes no mention of him, even though he was essential to the plot of Sonic Advance 3, which clearly continued from Sonic Battle.

I'm sure they'll pick up on it in the Chronicles sequel so many of us are desperate to have.

Perhaps it's because it was the first time they'd actually met face to face since Sonic fell from Eggy's space station.

Well as far as the PS360 version is concerned, yeah, that's a pretty valid plothole. In the Wii version though no such horrid minigame exists.

He was thrown into the used toys closest along with Chocola. :P

- The moon's appearance after SA2.

-She may be able to manipulate passive fire, as opposed to offensive fire from his flamethrower. Think of it this way: Can you be more comfortable with easing into a hot tub, or having a bucket of hot water thrown at you?

-The moon's weight changed, thus changed the tilt of it. The broken side is facing away from the Earth.

These are just my theories, I welcome any counter-points...

-She may be able to manipulate passive fire, as opposed to offensive fire from his flamethrower. Think of it this way: Can you be more comfortable with easing into a hot tub, or having a bucket of hot water thrown at you?

-The moon's weight changed, thus changed the tilt of it. The broken side is facing away from the Earth.

These are just my theories, I welcome any counter-points...

- It's jut a rule of gameplay. Makes things slightly more interesting and different.

-They forgot.

Eggman still knew it was Sonic he was fighting when he was battling in the Cauldron though. Considering there wouldn't really be anyone else he'd be hunting down and trying to attack.

How did Gerald's execution video, and his program to cause the ARK to crash into Earth actually make it's way onto the ARK? He was on Prison Island at the time. XD

How did Gerald's execution video, and his program to cause the ARK to crash into Earth actually make it's way onto the ARK? He was on Prison Island at the time. XD

The power of the internets. :P

Eggman still knew it was Sonic he was fighting when he was battling in the Cauldron though. Considering there wouldn't really be anyone else he'd be hunting down and trying to attack.

Why not Tails? Eggman has known Tails as a rival in the past, and he is the one who usually flies the Tornado, as well. Though, to be honest, I think you're probably right. Makes more sense to say the script writers just overlooked that.

I thought Gerald was dead, and that stuff was pre-recorded and the program had already been set into place. :blink: I've never quite figured it out.

Edited by DC111

I figure it may be that Blaze has to be actively thinking about controlling a particular patch of fire before she can manipulate it. Hence why a sudden jet of flame catching her off guard would hurt her.

I like to think that the fire in Sky Babylon is a natural, maybe even holy or ancient type of fire. Maybe Blaze or her family is connected to Sky Babylon in some way. That'd be interesting ^^

I like to think that the fire in Sky Babylon is a natural, maybe even holy or ancient type of fire. Maybe Blaze or her family is connected to Sky Babylon in some way. That'd be interesting ^^

Maybe one day we'll learn that Blaze is descended from SPACE GENIES! :lol:

From his calculations on the walls of his cell you can tell he surely was doing at least a part of his project while inprisoned. But if he was blamed for a catastrophy like the incident on ARK and put in the most secure prison, I'm most sure he should have any chance of onnection to internet. :P But on the execution video the cell is lit by just a single bauble waving from the ceiling (I can't think of proper words right now), so I dare say they didn't care much about expensive technology (like 24h monitoring, thus he could get a mini device for contancting the ARK someway).