Awoo.

Kiryu's New Voice Actor Calls on Yakuza Fans to Wait for Like a Dragon to Come Out Before Passing Judgment - IGN

sonicclaasic

[[Template forums/front/topics/post is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The cynical in me thinks this is manufactured outrage for the sake of marketing boost and trying to validate the english dub as a whole, which really doesn't have to since the previous game had one that was recieved warmly without any drama surrounding it. Then again, these days the radicalization on opinions has settled on only two opposites, either fuming hate or blind shilling, so something like this probably was bound to happen eventually.
I don't have a high opinion on Yong Yea personally but this doesn't affect me much anyway, these games are something i play with the japanese dub in mind anyway, so meh. They can do whatever they want, but they can't convince me to change on that.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

The cynical in me thinks this is manufactured outrage for the sake of marketing boost and trying to validate the english dub as a whole, which really doesn't have to since the previous game had one that was recieved warmly without any drama surrounding it. Then again, these days the radicalization on opinions has settled on only two opposites, either fuming hate or blind shilling, so something like this probably was bound to happen eventually.
I don't have a high opinion on Yong Yea personally but this doesn't affect me much anyway, these games are something i play with the japanese dub in mind anyway, so meh. They can do whatever they want, but they can't convince me to change on that.

Same. I eventually got tired of the same American voice actors voicing every character from every game that I now stick with the Japanese original.

You do get repeat VOs in Japanese too, but Japan is a small country so it makes sense. I always found it wierd that a large country like America, has such a small pool of VOs. Then you go to Twitter and find out a good number of them are arseholes. Lol

I don't know Yong Yea personally and I don't dislike him. But I also don't care what he does, it won't change my routine.

• Thumbs Up 1