Awoo.

Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023 [EVENT] - All Aboard the Mirage Express for a Rockin' Good Time! - Fin - See Finale Post!

Ryannumber1gamer

Since we're around the half way makr I thought I throw my picks out there now:

Regular Songs:
Super Sonic Vs. Perfect Dark Gaia - Sonic Unleashed

Chemical Plant (Act 2) - Sonic Mania

Ice Mountain (Final Lap) - Team Sonic Racing

Back in Time - Sonic R

Remix: Ben Briggs - Trash FM (Sonic Aquarium Park Vs. Hydrocity) - Sonic 3&K

Wild Card: We Are Burning Rangers (English Version) - Burning Rangers

Favorite Character in MoStH: Blaze

Looking forward to seeing how the setlist finishes out!

• Thumbs Up 1

Strickerx5
This post was recognized by Strickerx5!

"Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests - Rockin!"

Iko was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Regular songs:

- Sonic 1 SMS/GG - Special Stage - Sonic the Hedgehog (8-bit) [OST]

- Sonic Adventure 2 - Bright Sound (Dry Lagoon) - Sonic Adventure 2 [OST]

- Sonic Advance 2 - Sonic Advance 2 Original Soundtrack - 42 Staff Roll

- Sonic Rush Adventure - Coral Cave (Act 1&2 Mix) - Sonic Rush Adventure [OST] (it's act 1 and 2 together, I hope it's allowed)

Remix:

- Sonic Chaos - Aqua Planet Zone | Sonic Chaos Music Cover

Wild Card:

- Sonic Advance - Sonic Advance | Ice Mountain Zone Act 1 [Drum/Guitar/Bass/Keyboard Cover] DonutDrums

Favorite character:

- Appeared in Murder of Sonic - Neutral Chao, or if doesn't count, then Blaze the Cat

- In general - Cream the Rabbit (in case you want to show this character, please use 2D art, don't use 3D renders, most of the times they look off).

I was about to put this as a joke pick but then people would have killed me for wasting a slot in the Sonic Adventure 2 list, so I changed my mind lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Strickerx5

Duelistic Nature was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Guess I came back in right on time for another musical feast!

Loving the love SatBK and Heroes are gettin!

1. I'm a Spy (Security Hall) - Sonic Adventure 2 [OST]
2. Un-gravitify (Electro Extended) - Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (the options menu song, technically a remix, but is part of the original OST soooo? help?)
3. Team Chaotix - Sonic Heroes [OST]
4. Faraway Avalon - Sonic and the Black Knight [OST]

Wildcard: Fist Bump - Sonic Forces [OST]

Remix:  Molten Mine | Silent Dreams Remix - Sonic and the Black Knight

Favourite character: Tails of course!

• Thumbs Up 1

Playlist has been fully updated.

NOTICE: 

There's now five days remaining to get song requests in, so be sure to do so! For those who haven't gotten all of their requests in - again, be sure to do so, or else you won't be eligible for all four achievements. 

Strickerx5

Grubbyplaya was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Normal Songs:

1. Terminal Velocity Act 1 (Ultimate) - Sonic Colors
  2. Go Quickly! - Sonic Runners
  3. The Reckless One - Sonic After the Sequel
  4. Snowball Waltz - Sonic Lost World

Remix: Atomic Destroyer Zone Act 2 - Sonic Triple Trouble 16-bit

Wildcard: Door into Summer (Tee Lopes Remix) - Knuckles' Chaotix

• Thumbs Up 1

Strickerx5

Fireluigi1225 was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Better late than never, I can probably just grab 6 easy songs and be out of here...what do you mean they're already taken?

This took me like multiple hours and I'm not even happy with half the picks, guess I need actually play Sonic games, what a weird idea. Also provided a little commentary to explain my picks because wow do some of these need explaining.

Regular:

Shin Megami Tensei V - Battle - Destruction - https://youtu.be/NApN0GduuwM

Persona might be booked but nobody ever said anything about MegaTen so HA.

Ground Theme (M&S London) - https://youtu.be/A7IMVhriQLk

Someone needed to put it in. Also M&S is completely blank so it needs this.

Flying Battery Zone Act 1 (Mania) - https://youtu.be/27Nv6cweyhM

Can you tell I'm already out of ideas if I had to throw in Flying Battery

Death Chamber "Deeper" (SA2) - https://youtu.be/2MnJ06ijmOk

Originally I was gonna cop out and put Pumpkin Hill but then I remembered there are other songs in the game. So enjoy Knuckles hallucinating.

Remix + Wildcard:

I Am... All of Me (COVER) - https://youtu.be/M-r3rE8laDo

"I have updated my audio equipment."

Ashes of the Volcanic Valley (King for Another Day) - https://youtu.be/7oNZk21eCRE

I was originally going to try and say this counts as fangame but Ryan talked me out of it, then I moved to this but Sonic R is already full. If either of the two somehow qualify use them instead but otherwise, RIP. No love for Edgehog or Miku.

Favorite character: if Big (never said caneos didn't count) is too hard to get a good shot of, then Blaze. They're both cats, it works.

• Thumbs Up 1

List has been fully updated! I've also gone through and noted which game lists are specifically filled up on one side, but not the other (IE - regular slots are filled, but remix slots are still opened).

Notice: We're just about 50 hours away from the submission closure date, so be sure to get them in while you can! 

Strickerx5

Danj86 was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Okay. I'll do the thing now too.

I figured I'd start by trying to annoy as many people as possible with a Green Hill pick........not really. I just like this remix and felt it was a natural fit for an inclusion in Smash, but they never put it in. :huh:

For the Remix, I rather like this:

And my Wildcard:

Favourite Character: Tails

• Thumbs Up 2

List has once again has been updated.

That said, with just about 50 hours left before our deadline, I want to take some time to do some quick housekeeping and reminders.

@Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon @BlueSky

You guys have not used all of your requests. If you don't get them in before the deadline on July 23rd, you'll only be eligible for one or two of the achievements. If you're gunning for all four, be sure to get them in. 

@Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon @Danj86 @BlueSky @Grubbyplaya

None of you have submitted a favourite character from Murder of Sonic. While it's not compulsory, when the playlist is aired live, you won't have your choices as to which character is shown next to your submissions, so if you want a specific character to appear, be sure to start who (Again, it must be from Murder of Sonic).

10 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

None of you have submitted a favourite character from Murder of Sonic. While it's not compulsory, when the playlist is aired live, you won't have your choices as to which character is shown next to your submissions, so if you want a specific character to appear, be sure to start who (Again, it must be from Murder of Sonic).

Oh yeah. I forgot. Lol

I edited my original post to include him. But for clarity, I'll also mention him in this reply.

It's Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

Strickerx5

Spin Attaxx was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Strickerx5

TheKarmaCollector1994 was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Figured that I might just throw in my requests:

Regular Songs:

Back 2 Back - Sonic Rush

Hot Pursuit - Desert Dodge - SEGASonic The Hedgehog

Speed Highway (Classic) - Sonic Generations

Fight The Knight - Sonic and the Black Knight

Remix:

“Worm Baggin’” - Toxic Caves Remix - TCMusic feat. MuseMatter (Sonic Spinball (16-bit)

Wildcard:

Escape From The City (Live) - Sonic Symphony

Favourite Character in MoStH: Knuckles The Echidna

Hope all of these choices are good! Can’t wait for the event next weekend!

• Thumbs Up 1

Strickerx5

tailsBOOM! was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Was giving it some time so that I didn't take up highly coveted spots lol.  So here we go:

1. Metropolis Zone (Sonic 2)
  2. Canyon Cruise ~ Blue Garden (Sonic the Fighters)
  3. Poloy Forest (Tails Adventure)
  4. Big Arms (Generations 3DS)
  5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5AOTaXld1E
  6. https://youtu.be/sNxbIAUSIYA

Fave character: I feel this is obvious but Tails lol

• Thumbs Up 1

There's about 26 hours left for song submissions! 

Notice:

Furthermore, due to real life matters, the video production will take another week to finish, so our airdate will be August 5th and 6th, retrospectively.

Strickerx5

"Punched Ticket - Used any one song request - Stylin'! "

CharDragoncaster was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Punched Ticket - Used any one song request in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Stylin'!' and 5 points.

- Code Red by Longestsoloever

https://youtu.be/HYAK9srwqRs?si=pijx5xnoBgf578eN ‐ Manual Blast (Epic Orchestral Ver) by Sturm (original composer) and JJ Molyneux (aka Oh Boy Yeah)

Forgot to mention, but Favorite Characters: Silver The Hedgehog, and for those in Murder Of Sonic The Hedgehog, Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

Strickerx5

Emperor Robrainiac was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Regular Songs:
-Sonic 3 Mini boss (Sonic 3)

-You're My Number One (Sonic R)

-Light of Hope (Sonic Forces)

-Tidal Tempest (Sonic CD US)

Remix:

- Sonic X (Gotta go fast) Classic Remix - Sonic Generations

Wildcard:

- Sonic Boom (Crush 40 vs Cash Cash)

Character: Knuckles

• Thumbs Up 1

Strickerx5

Your Vest Friend was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Mind if I sneak in last minute?

Regular Songs

Sonic 2 - Aquatic Ruin Zone

Sonic 3D [Mega Drive] - Panic Puppet Zone Act 2

Shadow the Hedgehog - Mad Matrix

Sonic Riders - Green Cave

Remix Song

Sonic Advance 2 - Zone Boss (Silent Dreams' 2022 Remix)

Wildcard Song

Sonic Drift 2 - Rainy Savannah

Favourite Characters: Vector and Espio, my two scaly bois. Pick whichever one balances out the number of picks.

• Thumbs Up 1

About 8 or so hours until submissions are closed!

Posting another reminder on this:

On 7/22/2023 at 3:09 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

List has once again has been updated.

That said, with just about 50 hours left before our deadline, I want to take some time to do some quick housekeeping and reminders.

@Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon @BlueSky

You guys have not used all of your requests. If you don't get them in before the deadline on July 23rd, you'll only be eligible for one or two of the achievements. If you're gunning for all four, be sure to get them in. 

@Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon  @BlueSky @Grubbyplaya

@Grubbyplaya @Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon @BlueSky

• My Emmerdoods 1

Strickerx5

Dejimon11 was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

List has been updated!

About three hours until the submissions are closed! Get them in while you've got the chance, folks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Strickerx5

BlueSky was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

Oh yeah, I still had a couple of slots left, let's see...

So I've used up 2 regular* slots thus I have 2 regular, 1 remix and 1 wild card left.

3: Panic Puppet Act 1 [Sonic 3D Blast Saturn version] Could've filled my regulars with this OST alone if it was possible to be honest, so many good tracks that haven't been picked yet.

4: Sunny Side [Sonic Shuffle] It's almost like I have a free reign on this game or something.

remix: Sonic CD [JP/PAL] - Collision Chaos Good Future (CPS-2 Remix) [Sonic CD JP/EU] Collision Chaos still makes me think the office printer probably had a bad day that day, those are awesome tracks still.

wild card: Shut Your Mouth [Shadow the Hedgehog] To be honest this OST has a lot of stuff to go through.

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Okay, I'll pick Tails from Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog then, Tails is cool. You lot know damn well my absolute favourite even if it's not asked.

(*) And yeah, for my 1st pick, it's specially that version of Get to the Top!, so if it'd fit better on the remix slots it could be moved there all I care, my wild card is a regular track anyway soo... The version with interjections I picked just is kind of epic that's all. 

TL;DR Too much good music to include it all to be honest. I hope the links are okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Strickerx5

SgtBloxx was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

First time that I'm participating!

1: Marble Zone from Sonic 1

2: Rusty Ruins Zone Act 1 from Sonic 3D Blast

3: Fairy of AIF from Sonic Gems Collection

4: Final Haunt from Shadow the Hedgehog

Remix: A New Venture (Surfin' S.R.A. Remix) from Sonic Rush Adventure

Wild Card: Weight of the World for Sonic Omens

Favorite Character: Miles "Tails" Prower

• Thumbs Up 1

Strickerx5

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon was awarded the badge '[Sonic Musical Spectacular 2023] Golden Ticket - Used every single last one of your requests in the Sonic Music Spectacular 2023. Rockin'!' and 10 points.

On 7/18/2023 at 8:17 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Playlist has been fully updated.

NOTICE: 

There's now five days remaining to get song requests in, so be sure to do so! For those who haven't gotten all of their requests in - again, be sure to do so, or else you won't be eligible for all four achievements. 

Let's see now, if I recall correctly, I had 4 slots left:

2.  Final Boss Battle - The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog OST

3.  Frozen Junkyard (Full Mix) - Team Sonic Racing

4. Sonic Forces "Boss (vs. Metal Sonic)" Music

Wild Card: SSMB Sings "Theme of Infinite"

Favorite Murder Character: Sonic the Hedgehog

Is that all that's left?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Is that all that's left?

You're all set!

One hour left before the submission deadline!

Alright guys, that's going to do it for this year's submissions. Wanted to thank everyone for participating and to please look forward to the stream the weekend after next (August 5th at 8pm BST/4pm ET)! And of course, be on the look out for badges around that time as well!

Stay tuned to both the Status Updates and/or thread for any event updates from Ryan.

Great work y'all!

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bvrs3j1qhevv30gduepe

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1