Awoo.

Check Out The First Gameplay Videos of Sonic Superstars

Dreadknux
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Check Out The First Gameplay Videos of Sonic Superstars at some point.

About the badnik bouncing, i felt the same way, but then theres a clip somewhere with tails where i swear he gets extra hieght after a bounce too which throws me off. 

@1:01 - 1:05

unless tails just flies up faster in general which could be the case.

• Too Many Rings 1

3 hours ago, StriCNYN3 said:

About the badnik bouncing, i felt the same way, but then theres a clip somewhere with tails where i swear he gets extra hieght after a bounce too which throws me off. 

Hmm, you might be right. The first enemy he goes straight through and even continues to acsend to the point he was naturally going to stop, so that's positive. But after the second enemy he starts flying so quickly that it's not clear. It's very hard to tell right now. 

4 hours ago, StriCNYN3 said:

Well, here's the thing...

I played Sonic 3 as Tails in Origins, and after bouncing off an enemy from a height, Tails goes up some distance, but does not readily fly when the button is pressed. Here at what you showed, Tails does fly immediately when the button here is (presumably) pressed right after hitting the badnik.

It could go either way, but either it is Tails' flight or the bouncing and use of flight works differently from the games making it harder to tell if it is indeed bouncing from a height.

No big deal either way, though.

5 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

One, it looks like the acceleration curve is slower when you first start walking, which then makes it feel like you're being weighed down. Movement speed in general seems a little slower in this game than others. That could be because it actually is slower to accommodate multiplayer, or it could just be a trick of the 3D camera. Slower speeds aren't an issue though. It's just the acceleration that could be annoying sluggish. 

It’s mostly just the acceleration point here that’s concerning me. Especially when I see classic exit loops. Maybe it’s a trick of the visuals or something, but it looks like a couple times he’ll just keep that speed he had when entering the loop to begin with. Maybe in the final product that will be ironed out tho. 

@ShinyGems Yea it’d be easier to tell if Tails didn’t hit that ceiling immediately after doing it. The more I look at that clip, the more I think I’m coping tho lol. Gonna need a better demonstration.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it looks like that because the animations aren't really matching the speed the characters are actually going, but that could be my wyes fucking with me

1 minute ago, StriCNYN3 said:

@ShinyGems Yea it’d be easier to tell if Tails didn’t hit that ceiling immediately after doing it. The more I look at that clip, the more I think I’m coping tho lol. Gonna need a better demonstration.

We're gonna have to remind someone we may know who plays the Sonic Superstars demo in the future to check for the height bouncing thing and see if it is the case, then. Just saying.

10 hours ago, KHCast said:

It’s mostly just the acceleration point here that’s concerning me. Especially when I see classic exit loops. Maybe it’s a trick of the visuals or something, but it looks like a couple times he’ll just keep that speed he had when entering the loop to begin with. Maybe in the final product that will be ironed out tho

Just for your interest. They match up almost perfectly. It could be an animation thing the makes him feel sluggish. 

On 6/11/2023 at 6:33 AM, Blue Blood said:

Just for your interest. They match up almost perfectly. It could be an animation thing the makes him feel sluggish. 

I definitely get the feeling that Sonic Team wanted the right footage shown for micro-analyst comparisons like such, to show they and Arzest meant business. 

Definitely was a smart move having the good vibes set in before people were made aware of Arzest's involvement. Helped keep first impressions from being condemned to negative influence, given projects Arzest has been a part of, regardless of how much fault they are actually at.

• Thumbs Up 1