Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Very nice, T. Noticed one of these on ebay the other day along with some other rares. I'll link them in the other topic.

Those are pretty top-end prices for those plushes - SA2 plush isn't tagged either! It's getting more and more difficult to price some of these now though because there are a lot of serious plush collectors, and if you get two of them after the same thing...

Needless to say I didn't pay anywhere near that for mine!

P.S. Won that Fang keyring for a tidy £20.

T

Got the 2" retro Sonic figure from Play.com today. Annoyingly they'd shoved it into a box that was too small for it by squashing the packaging blister a bit, and as such his nose was broken. >.< Not snapped off, but cracked and bent to one side.

Just glued it now, hoping that'll hold it.

Well today is a good day cause I got in the mail this box.

25206_1377808613328_1475256091_30996801_3340242_n.jpg

And I went to see whats in it and here's what was in it. :)

25206_1377808893335_1475256091_30996802_6748611_n.jpg

Here is a SA1 Amy I believe, its just so amazing to hold :3.

And heres my fav plush that I own now :3

25206_1377809213343_1475256091_30996803_7836795_n.jpg

An SA2 Rouge I love how detailed it right to her wings :3. I got some help to get these so thank you so much my special little bunny ;) x.

Well, I held this off until I received my other purchase in the mail.

Wait no more!

Picture013-2.jpg

The unusual Sonic X Trading Card Game gaming binder. This is the Dr. Eggman version, and I am unsure how many were released, but there was also a Sonic version too up for grabs. I am assuming they had a folder version for each of the card demographics, though reflecting the card types (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Dr. Eggman.) Just to note, this image is actually a picture card printed up and slid in the folder, not printed on the folder directly like you would see with higher-end products. Expense was not spared needless to say at the factory.

Picture014-1.jpg

A picture of the inside panel. No, I had the Sonic X TCG starter set long before I found this puppy online and it did not come with the folder.

Picture016-1.jpg

More of the inside. The card binder holds 48 cards, and the plastic is thin actually. Not high grade like professional polymers, but just thin grade plastic; pliable and paper-like. Some of the opening slits were reversed in the middle of the folder (instead of sliding your cards in the front, you had to slide them in the back for the remainder of the pages halfway through.) My set was so thick that it was hard to close the folder and I had to pair them off in single compartments instead of housing them front and back like I would with my Pokemon TCG sets.

Picture019-2.jpg

The back in case if you were wondering what was on it. The spine of the binder is D-shaped and pliable, not like the deep spine you would find on D-ring and three ring binders. I prefer them for collecting instead. This is more like a nightclub purse your girlfriend would tote out on fancy dates; just only for show and transport of small objects.

My crown jewel of this are the two retro keychains.

Picture012-2.jpg

Dr. Eggman, I like your style.

Typical thick plastic block keychain (you usually see these in the late-80s by the dozen, until they became longer and thinner in the years to come) with a small image of feminine balloon Eggman prancing like a primmadonna ballerina across the front. 'Dr. Eggman I like your style." was a set Engrish saying you would see emblazoned across smaller Eggman products found at Joypolis in the 90s, including the folder and notebook set.

I really miss those feminine stock poses that Ivo would have in the early 90s. I am getting so sick of the same 'one hand on hip, one fist raised' ones that are re-used today.

Picture010.jpg

My absolute favourite is this plastic baked keychain of Eggman prancing. On the back, it is embossed with the raised letters of Dr. Eggman SEGA. Since this one and the other came without a chain and loop, I had to go out and find two. When I did, my mother had problems hooking the smaller block keychain through the loop because the hole drilled in the keychain was skewed. It probably was a reject. So, carefully she used a fine point drill to even the hole out and success...I have my keychain.

The bigger one I absolutely love so much. In fact, I wanted to make a necklace out of it, which I might in the future. (If anyone even mentions in comparison Chris-Chan, I guarantee an instant boot to the head.) :P

One last thing. I went to an estate sale last week, and boy did I clean house.

Picture011.jpg

Usually estate sales have older things of interest( antiques, glassware, pottery for example) because they are associated with older people who have passed on and left items that their families don't want or have no room for, but this time there was a huge gamer in the house and did they collect a LOT of gaming magazines (mainly they were Official XBox magazines.)

I finally bought I Am 8-Bit ( a coffee table art book of 8-Bit games done by professional artists) for two dollars. I also bought The Medium of the Video Game and Trigger Happy (two insider books on the gaming industry and the influence of gaming on the entertainment industry) with impeccable timing; I just finished looking at those books in my college library.

Edge's 100 Best Videogames is a book I long wanted since it came out last year (along with the Nintendo Power poster book, sadly not at the sale.) Most of the SEGA house games are mentioned in this book (Shenmue 2, Jet Set Radio Future, ect.) but Sonic is not (these games have to stand up to the test of time is what the book mentions.)

100 years of Nintendo Power. Lots of Mario love here, and nostalgic trip to some of those previous Nintendo Power magazines I used to own until my mother decided to clean house and toss them.

EGM has a Team Fortress 2 article in it. That's enough incentive to buy it.

And then I have the strategy guides to Yoshi's Island DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, and Final Fantasy Advance IV. Great luck, because they also had a Final Fantasy Advance IV game without the booklet which I gladly snapped up.

Edited by Kintobor

And heres my fav plush that I own now :3

25206_1377809213343_1475256091_30996803_7836795_n.jpg

An SA2 Rouge I love how detailed it right to her wings :3. I got some help to get these so thank you so much my special little bunny ;) x.

Oh dear god, the boobage on that plush is... wow. Can they do that? D:

*averts eyes*

My girlfriend picked these up from eBay for me while I was in hospital the other day:

sonic2pinset.jpg

A rare Sonic 2 Enamel Pin Set from back in '91. These were given out to trade and competition winners apparently. Very nice indeed. :)

Edited by Sinister Swiss

A rare Sonic 2 Enamel Pin Set from back in '91. These were given out to trade and competition winners apparently. Very nice indeed. :)

Really? I thought you could buy them from Sega World? The barcode on the back of the box would indicate so. But either way, that is quite rare for one reason... the box. I own two of those sets, one has the box, the other does not (the box is just that cardboard wrap around thing you can see there). Finding the pins with a case in good condition is tough, but finding the pins with the case and the box, whoa! Thats hard work, so if that one comes with the box, you've got quite a rare thing there.

With regards to the competition winners, I think you might be thinking ofthis pin badge.

Ah, gotcha. I just took that bit of info from it's eBay page. ^_^

And did you mean the box as the Silver Tin? If that's the case then I've got that, along with the cardboard wrap and sponge pin-holder thing...

What I mean is.

When these things are typically sold, they have the silver tin (it says Sega on it), theres the sponge inside. But they almost never have the cardboard wrap around which is technically 'the box.' Thats what makes it stand out from a collectors point of view. That piece of cardboard is quite a rare thing to have, as many sellers almost never include it.

Ah, I see...it's got the wrap around it, so all is good. :D

Thanks for clearing that up, I'm still in the early stages of the ol' pin collecting. :P

Edited by Sinister Swiss

So today I got a parcel through... Finally!

post-1218-12707385019941_thumb.jpg

This would be why it was late. Thanks, HMRC. ¬¬

post-1218-12707385623667_thumb.jpg

What could it be...?

post-1218-12707385744484_thumb.jpg

Wonderful SEGA merch amongst other things, that's what!

post-1218-12707385921372_thumb.jpg

Finally... The grail of my plush collection. Hello, NiGHTS Chao!

post-1218-12707386650072_thumb.jpg

NiGHTS stuff everywhere...

post-1218-12707387841757_thumb.jpg

Finally, Fang laughs as I curse while trying to get everything back in the box...

post-1218-12707386806842_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reala

Owww the mystery box hath been opened, it only cost you 10,000 souls!

Are those the 4 clocks I spy?

I have my ways <.<

And my contacts. And the ability to grovel.

I would love to get one of Elson's works, I can grovel too.... oh well I guess i'll have to wait for... (SECRET)

I too would love to have some of Elson's work...or from any StC artist anyway!

You're really lucky, this one is ace!

Just won this little gem for the bargain price of £9.99! :)

sonic10thanniversary.jpg

The Sonic 10th Anniversary pack, including CD, Coin and Booklet. I think it's the Japanese one but I can't remember what the description said. :huh:

Edited by Sinister Swiss

Just won this little gem for the bargain price of £9.99! :)

sonic10thanniversary.jpg

The Sonic 10th Anniversary pack, including CD, Coin and Booklet. I think it's the Japanese one but I can't remember what the description said. :huh:

Bargain! Either way they still usually go for twice that - can't say no to a booklet a CD and a coin for a tenner I paid three times that back in the day.

T

I was randomly in Birmingham today with my sister, and while browsing in Gamestation I found a copy of SA2 DC for just £13!. Great condition box, clean disc and perfect manual. They never go this cheap when I've seen them before (which is only ever online, not in stores), so I never bothered actually picking one up. I'm thrilled! Better yet, it's French. I have a thing for getting games from outside of England.

Ou est mon Sonique Baguette? Yeah, my French is terrible - but nice catch Blue!

I've been at the Japanese auctions again and scooped this lot up - some delicious SA1 goodies!

nagato_1118-img600x450-12702866316d3sfv51052.jpg

All from the SA1 series, tagged - I particularly like the Eggman.

nagato_1118-img600x450-1270290854fppgbz41444.jpg

This is a weird assortment of things - I presume it's all tags dongles and charms. Anyway, you rarely see this stuff outside of Japan!

T

So I made this little video since I'll be going to be selling this very soon. It's a Sonic Char-G, Char-G's were small remote control cars that you charged via batteries in the remote. They go quite quick for their size and the obvious lack of a direct power supply like a built in battery.

They're amazingly durable, when I was young I had a plain white one and I would drive it off the table, chairs and often down the stairs! Never once did it break either cosmetically or mechanically. The Sonic ones were released around a year or two later, it was marketed with "The Hedgehog With Attitude" tag line. So it's around 1991/1992 when it came out. I used to build small obsticle courses with ramps and tubes, it was great fun. They had the ability to do this quick 360 degree turn, it would take a few moments to master turning with it, but it's a quick skill to master.

My cat doesn't pay much attention to it in this vid... but she has on the past tried to chase it around previously when I attack a string to the back.

Any questions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ7qyXoXffQ