Awoo.

Sega nearing a deal to acquire Rovio Entertainment

Shiny Gems

On 4/16/2023 at 7:16 PM, GX -The Spindash- said:

Worth considering that outside the Angry Birds IP, it's probably just valuable for SEGA to have another fully set-up Western mobile game studio. I don't know if it's one billion dollars worthwhile, but it's something.

Well, that's the price on aquiring every single Rovio share from all the Finnish work-pension funds in OMX Helsinki tbh. It's common in here to buy the shares on a somewhat higher price than what they have at the time in the market, don't know about other places. Was probably around the same percentage when Netflix bought Next Games if my memory serves me right. Oh well, the only lone game dev left in the OMX Helsinki is Remedy now I suppose unless I recall wrong.

Well, I'm just happy it wasn't Playtika that bought Rovio (hopefully people won't get boot as fast with Sega than they probably would've with that company), though it was a funny experience when one reporter pronounced Sega as 'see-ga'. It was an uncommon experience to hear Sonic mentioned in the TV news and see him on the newsroom screen when they explained what Sega's known for. Yeah, it was one of the main news up here even when it was still a speculation.