Awoo.

Mai Shiranui

vgmaster

Is there anyone here who thinks Mai is the face of women in video games (I'm talkin to you, Lara Croft)? I think so. She's got huge curves, T&A, yet she's a very skilled fighter. I just wonder if someday she'll have her own game. It should be an action-adventure where she can wear dozens of outfits and use many different weapons. I quite like the controversy that she wasn't included in KOF XII. What do you think about Mai?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Remy

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• Conando

• Sean

Face of women in video games? Hardly, especially since she is easily passed up in many King of Fighters games, most namely the most recent one.

Edited by Yong

I don't think so. Most gamers would tend to be more familiar with characters such as Lara Croft and Samus Aran, since they're in popular game series. Oh, and Indigo just mentioned Ms. Pacman. Her too.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Never heard of her, and nor will the general public have done. Lara Croft was such an icon in the 90s and most still recognise her name and image so I would say that it's probably still her.

Unfortunately Lara Croft is, even though her lips have their own gravitational pull :/

Would be nice if Samus was but too many people still think Zero Suit Samus is just "Metroid's girlfriend".

Edited by SuperLink

She's an alright character, but I'm not particularly fond of her or most characters from the King of Fighters games.

I'd be a lot quicker to think of Samus Aran, Lara Croft or Chun-Li than Mai.

a lot of people still think Samus is either a guy or a robot.

And most will never have heard of Metroid in the first place. It's not game that has ever reached out beyond gamers.

Chun Li is way better then Mai

a lot of people still think Samus is either a guy or a robot.

Don't you remind me that there are people that call Link "Zelda". :|

We all know that Bridget from Guilty Gear is the face of female fighters.

Pelly, There's something you should probably know. :0

Mai is sexy, yes...but Chun-li came way before her. So I'd say she's the face of women in gaming.

We all know that Bridget from Guilty Gear is the face of female fighters.

If only he was a female. :lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Mai is sexy, yes...but Chun-li came way before her. So I'd say she's the face of women in gaming.

If you count "way before" as a couple of months, haha.

I think it depends where you live, KoF as a series isn't anywhere near SF in popularity in a lot of countries, but in others it dominates.

If you count "way before" as a couple of months, haha.

Yeah, that sounds about right...:lol:

I think it depends where you live, KoF as a series isn't anywhere near SF in popularity in a lot of countries, but in others it dominates.

I've never heard of KoF until I was 9 years old, where as I played Street Fighter at the age of 3 so I guess that makes sense.

Princess Peach is the original and true face of women in gaming. Who isn't familiar with that blonde lady from Mario?

Plus, she's good at baking, dressing up, and getting captured, just like real women (or so I've heard)!

I hadn't heard of King of Fighters until a year or two ago, and I'm 18 now :/

I'm pretty sure almost everyone knows about Tomb Raider and Street Fighter.

And then there's Princess Peach...

And then, while talking about Mai Shiranui, nobody cares about her face. Yes, It is true.

maisdmgekkamidarebotand.gif

Who wouldn't love a /face/ like that?

Who wouldn't love a /face/ like that?

Oh, I'd kiss that "face". If she would stop shaking it for a few moments...

Oh, I'd kiss that "face". If she would stop shaking it for a few moments...

Back off, that "face" is mine. She likes STRONG men, and I'm the Mercenary who's overqualified for it. B)

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Is there anyone here who thinks Mai is the face of women in video games (I'm talkin to you, Lara Croft)? I think so. She's got huge curves, T&A, yet she's a very skilled fighter. I just wonder if someday she'll have her own game. It should be an action-adventure where she can wear dozens of outfits and use many different weapons. I quite like the controversy that she wasn't included in KOF XII. What do you think about Mai?

I don't think she's the face of women in games, or even fighting games for that matter. That would be Chun-li (AKA: "Horse-Legs Mcgee")